Should I wait until contract is entirely done to upgrade?
As I understand it Sprint offers discount phone upgrades after 22 months of contract fulfillment. We are 22 months into our contract, with our contract ending in August. We intend to stay with Sprint and sign another contract. Is there any reason to wait for another 2 months until the contract is entirely up before we upgrade our phones, or will we get the same pricing even if we upgrade now? I won't be upgrading but a couple other people on the plan want to upgrade now.
- 06-23-2012, 01:08 PM #2
The only advantage I see waiting out the full contract length is that when you're out of contract you can call Sprint and tell them you're porting your numbers to another carrier.
They will most likely send you to retentions department and there they'll offer you some incentives to say. Discounts, free minutes, etc.
I do this with all my contacts: Sirius (when I had it), VZW, Dish Network. They always try to keep customers by offering discounts or bonuses.
- CrackBerry Addict
06-23-2012, 01:40 PM #3
- 538 Posts
- Ask me
I am in the same boat you are in-I can get a 9930 free with a new contract, for myself I am sticking it out with the Curve until BB10 drop ,for reasons it makes more sense ,,,than being stuck waiting another 22 months for another upgrade...
- CrackBerry Abuser
06-24-2012, 01:50 AM #5
- 224 Posts
if your just looking for price differences, go to Sprints Web Site and check prices on phones with a new contract, then log into your sprint account and compare prices. But I think like stated above, if you wait until you can take your number and leave you can most likely get a good deal on upgrading all lines and/or your plan for little charge.