Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Screw it, I'm gonna just order two Curves

Well, I've been researching like crazy trying to figure out how to lower my $170/month ATT bill for two lines with smartphones. Sprint's Family Plus or whatever it's called (1600 mins, unlimited everything else, $109) is without a doubt the best plan in the cellphone world today, so that choice is simple. I've been reading forums and reviews until my eyeballs hurt, and I keep coming back to the Curve.

My wife has a Curve through ATT right now, which she loves, and I have a Palm Centro that I love, but I'd like to try something different. I've been drooling over that Pre, but damn, the issues people are having with it are insane, plus I recently learned that its calendar doesn't have the color coding feature that I love about my Centro. WTF?

I don't really see any reason to drop $400 on two Tours when we can get two Curves for $100, considering we have no use for "world phones" and I could care less about camera quality.

Thoughts?
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #2  

Oh, one question, those Sprint Simply Everything Plus plans, that includes Blackberry messaging right? I've never had a BB, never used BB messaging before. Is it superior to plain ol' text messaging, or the same thing, or what?
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    35 Global Posts

The plan includes everything
    CrackBerry User

If you start a new Everything Data Family plan through Sprint, it will cost you $130 a month for 1600 minutes and unlimited text and data. You can get yourself two Curve's for $100. Very nice deal if you ask me. I think you might be able to get 2 curves through BestBuy at $60 total online, but I'm not sure if BestBuy still has that deal going on.
    CrackBerry Abuser

The Everything Data 1500 for $129.99 covers everything data wise. The Simple Everything covers... everything.

If you need more than 1500 minutes, get the Everything Data 3000 for $169.99
    CrackBerry Abuser

The Shack has recently had the Sprint Curve for as low as $29 on a new 2-year activation, so you may want to keep an eye out for that.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    315 Global Posts

Well if the price hasn't change the Curve is free @ Walmart! Idk if they have all the colors if that is a issue! But I know they have gray! My husband just got one in the middle of July! So I would try there! The everything 1500 plan is great if you want Smart Phones/PDA's! If I can't say anything good about Sprint , I can say the have excellent plans for BB's!
    Last edited by Raneciansamaiya; 07-29-2009 at 04:20 AM.
    ~i.LiVe.iLoVe.&.iLeArN~ *Always* ~*NECI*N*MAIYA*~
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    166 Global Posts

I recently switched from Tmobile to Sprint, 8320 to 8330, and I love it!! I got my 8330 at the local mall Sprint kiosk for $30. Did I mention that I'm saving $15 a month and I have DOUBLE the anytime minutes and unlimited data/text as compared to only unlimited text on Tmobile.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
  9. bk0
    CrackBerry User

The Curve is head and shoulders above the Centro, in a totally different league. You will love it.

You can upgrade to the Tour (or some other new phone) next year if you decide you want to.
    CrackBerry Abuser

You can get 2 Curves. My wife had I have them. And we do text each other a lot. But since we got our BBs, we BBM each other a lot. But we could just as easily use any IM service instead of BBM. That's the short answer of what BBM is, it's an Instant Messenger. Just exclusive to BBs.

As far as the plan, I get an general idea from all carriers. Seems that T-Mobile is the cheap one. Verizon and AT&T are the luxury carriers, and Sprint seems to be near the middle. Good coverage, good prices.

Their 1500 simply everything is what I'm on. And everything means everything. Unlimited data, text, pics, Sprint Navigation. Just about the only thing that isn't included is the pay-per-download stuff.

Of course at a Blackberry forum we are gonna say that a Blackberry is superior. But if you adore your Centro, Sprint sells those too. And you make your own call on the Pre, but I've been tempted a lot by it.

The Curve is $50, or as cheap as free depending on where you get it. Different places are selling phones for different prices. Some people were lucky enough to get a Pre for $100 It was an error. But a perfect example of how Sprint doesn't always have the best price on Sprint phones.
    [Insert movie quote that I want you to think I'm cool for knowing]
    CrackBerry Abuser

Currently at Walmart they have the Curve for $8.88, that's one heck of a deal,

CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #12  

Well, in order to get the Simply Everything Plus plan, which is that employee referral plan, I have to order the phones from Sprint. Which is fine, because it saves $20 a month off the monthly bill and adds 100 mins. That simply everything family plan, with the employee referral, is 1600 mins instead of 1500 and $109 a month instead of $129.

I was playing around with my wife's ATT curve last night, and it does seem nice; everything except the calendar. The Centro's calendar is the best one I've ever used. But, I think sync'ing with google calendar with the BB's will work out for us.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,114 Global Posts
    PIN
    32304FF1

I Have That Plan With Two Bb's, I Pay 129.99 Monthly 1500 Min Unlimited Everything. Including Data.
    " IF AT ANY TIME YOU FEEL AS IF NO ONE CARES IF YOU ARE ALIVE, TRY MISSING A COUPLE CAR PAYMENTS!"
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,034 Global Posts

Had a Centro, and it can't hold a candle to a Curve or Tour- except for the default task and calendar on the Palm OS are a bit better than BB. Hate to break it to you, but your color coding won't work with a BB.

Also, why get the Curve when you can get the Tour? Much better phone. I've had both, and I really liked my Curve, but the Tour is just so much more refined and fast.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,166 Global Posts
    PIN
    None Now!

Quote Originally Posted by Gojackets21 View Post

I don't really see any reason to drop $400 on two Tours when we can get two Curves for $100, considering we have no use for "world phones" and I could care less about camera quality.

Thoughts?
    ur right curve is ur best choice plus the tour is an oversized curve and you can get it less than $100 bestbuy radioshack walmart just look for the deals..
    Sprint Premier Member Since 09/19/04
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by MisterB View Post
    Had a Centro, and it can't hold a candle to a Curve or Tour- except for the default task and calendar on the Palm OS are a bit better than BB. Hate to break it to you, but your color coding won't work with a BB.

Also, why get the Curve when you can get the Tour? Much better phone. I've had both, and I really liked my Curve, but the Tour is just so much more refined and fast.

The calendar on my Storm is color coded (by calendar, ie: Hotmail is blue, Comcast is green, etc), but only in certain views.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,166 Global Posts
    PIN
    None Now!

one thing also im not suree what happened with other people but my uncle owns a pre and its the best thing ever!! he has no problems with his pre and ive used it and i really like it handles everything pretty well
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    614 Global Posts
    PIN
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Jo_795 View Post
    one thing also im not suree what happened with other people but my uncle owns a pre and its the best thing ever!! he has no problems with his pre and ive used it and i really like it handles everything pretty well
    We don't like your kinds around here, boy!

:-)

CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,180 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gojackets21 View Post
    Well, in order to get the Simply Everything Plus plan, which is that employee referral plan, I have to order the phones from Sprint. Which is fine, because it saves $20 a month off the monthly bill and adds 100 mins. That simply everything family plan, with the employee referral, is 1600 mins instead of 1500 and $109 a month instead of $129.

I was playing around with my wife's ATT curve last night, and it does seem nice; everything except the calendar. The Centro's calendar is the best one I've ever used. But, I think sync'ing with google calendar with the BB's will work out for us.
    I have the EPRP plan and love it. For a $110 a month and all the services you get is unbeatable. I priced out VZW and it was right at $200 for equal service. AT&T was close to it, around $190 if I recall. It is by far the best deal in the industry right now. But, before you buy check with your and your wifes employers and see if either of you qualify for a discount through Sprint. A lot of companies do with discounts up to 30%. In those cases it is cheaper to get the regular ED plan and add the discount.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,166 Global Posts
    PIN
    None Now!

Quote Originally Posted by jumpman89 View Post
    We don't like your kinds around here, boy!

:-)

i kno i would get blasted on BB forum but hey im all about Tech. if i see somethin better i call it out. i would defend my bb if it was better but if it aint it aint! but i still love my curve it beats alot of other phones
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,034 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by he11fire View Post
    The calendar on my Storm is color coded (by calendar, ie: Hotmail is blue, Comcast is green, etc), but only in certain views.
    Yeah, I know you can do that- but that's not what he's referring to. In Outlook, for example, you can color code your appointments so that business is blue, personal appointments are green, your workouts are in red, and so forth. Palm devices carry this over and you can tell at a glance what your week looks like just by the colors. The BlackBerry, for some strange reason, has not figured out how to import such a simple feature.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,034 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jo_795 View Post
    If you're not a power business user, and only require an iPhone type device- it is probably ok, other than the battery stinks and the build quality isn't up to par.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    211 Global Posts

My husband, son, and I are all on the EPRP 1600 plan with Blackberries and it's amazing what we get for the price! After taxes, we pay $140ish a month. Three BBs from any other carrier with a similar plan is over $200. My husband and I both have Curves and my son has a Pearl, and we use most all the features, so we really do get our money's worth. Now I just want Sprint to get a more robust BB lineup!

CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,166 Global Posts
    PIN
    None Now!

If you're not a power business user, and only require an iPhone type device- it is probably ok, other than the battery stinks and the build quality isn't up to par.
    battery last more than a day for him
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #25  

Yeah, I know you can do that- but that's not what he's referring to. In Outlook, for example, you can color code your appointments so that business is blue, personal appointments are green, your workouts are in red, and so forth. Palm devices carry this over and you can tell at a glance what your week looks like just by the colors. The BlackBerry, for some strange reason, has not figured out how to import such a simple feature.
    Exactly. A very simple, yet super useful feature.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast