Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    459 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Replace 9650 for 9930

By ANY chance since Sprint is going to stop production on the 9650.

Will they replace them with 9930.. Like if we lost our 9650 or software issues of that sort...

Its happened to me with my older phones(had ppc 9700 replaced by the mogul and the mogul by the Touch Pro) . Not by choice but it did get me wondering.

Food for thought.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    PIN
    Ask and you might get.

Duchess, this might happen 2 years from now. I know exactly what you are talking about with the mogul and the Touch Pro, but i do not forsee that happening with the bold. I know that they still have Tour devices in the well for those people still rocking those.

Wishful thinking and belive me I am on that train of wishful thinking but I know it probably wont happen.
    CrackBerry Addict

They will probably credit you with an amount that they see fit for the device at the time, but I don't see them giving someone a new 9930 for replacement of a 9650 because they would worry about people purposefully damaging their phones to get it replaced with the new Bold.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    17,189 Global Posts

They would have to run out of stock of 9650s...
    CrackBerry Abuser

My wife would like to get rid of her 9650, she updated the OS to 6 from Sprint last week and since then, she can't get her text messages. She's been to several sprint stores and they 'fixed' her phone, and also had her phone replaced 2 few times and she still can't text. And she was told she can't go backwards to os 5.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,322 Global Posts

Depending on the phone supply it is possible for you to get a different device. Verizon has done this several times.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    Make sure you vote! Your vote counts!
    Support the 9-12 Project
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    523 Global Posts

If you file a insurance claim to replace a lost/stolen phone you are entitled to a similar or equal replacement handset. They would have to exhaust their supply of 9650 handsets before offering a 9930.

Global Posts
    6,086 Global Posts

It's just a matter of time. They do it with tour owners all the time and that device is only 9 months older than the bold. That is the only way I'll get the new bold because this way you don't have to pay the premium data fee $10 a month.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
    twitter: @eve6er69_chris
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    PIN
    Ask and you might get.

Eve,
    I don't know if that statement is actually going to hold water now that they have implimented that new charge. I know when you have a AE swap on the phone you don't have to pay the 10 dollar charge but if you completely switch devices with an insurance claim, You might have to pay for the 10 charge.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    945 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by meistro View Post
    Eve,
    I don't know if that statement is actually going to hold water now that they have implimented that new charge. I know when you have a AE swap on the phone you don't have to pay the 10 dollar charge but if you completely switch devices with an insurance claim, You might have to pay for the 10 charge.
    Insurance swaps or insurance replacements are not subject to the $10 add on fee.

They can not charge because they dont have your current device instock and ship you a "LIKE" replacement.
    When in Doubt pull it out, The battery that is
    Help that is Useful, Not from Concentrate and Not Full of my Post Count!
    www.Cellunlock.net Best for Unlocks

Global Posts
    6,086 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by meistro View Post
    Eve,
    Quote Originally Posted by morales0416 View Post
    Insurance swaps or insurance replacements are not subject to the $10 add on fee.

They can not charge because they dont have your current device instock and ship you a "LIKE" replacement.
    thatks for the reply morales.

meistro if you read the fine print in the terms and conditions that is the part that sticks out in my eyes.
    i dont plan on upgrading unless they force me to swap for a 9930 when i need a replacement 9650
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    PIN
    Ask and you might get.

Eve im in the same boat. I really don't see spending 250 for a phone that just has a touch screen and a better processor. I have to fight the urge to upgrade and tell myself its not work 600 bucks.

Global Posts
    6,086 Global Posts

600 bucks and an extra 120 a year for me because I am still not paying the premium data fee.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk