Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default reading text messages

I heard that if you have a Blackberry that all of your text messages you can view them on a website or something even if you have deleted them from your device, even the messages that got months ago, has anyone heard of this or knows how to get those messages?
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

PIN
    HEAD

Nope. Never heard of this... Where did you hear that?
    ... and stuff!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

I heard it on a radio morning show about a guy who was cheating on his wife and she pulled up his messages from somewhere, and he got busted.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,218 Global Posts

I believe you can get a printed list from your cell provider. Not sure...that's just what I saw on Judge Alex...or one of those shows...don't ask me why I was watching it.
    I was a Treo user. Then the light of BlackBerry shone, and I was never the same.
    Administrator

Global Posts
    3,113 Global Posts

Don't think you can even get them from your carrier. Pretty sure they just disappear into cyberspace after you send them. Unless you are on BES in which case they may be logged. Also, something like Dexrex could log them for you if you have the app install (albeit I couldn't get it to work in 2 weeks of trying).
    CrackBerry Master

PIN
    Wheel

You can get them from your carrier & if you are on a BES, they can see them too.
    The USDA recommends at least 5 servings of CrackBerry a day.
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    32B59CEC

Quote Originally Posted by azeis View Post
    Don't think you can even get them from your carrier. Pretty sure they just disappear into cyberspace after you send them. Unless you are on BES in which case they may be logged. Also, something like Dexrex could log them for you if you have the app install (albeit I couldn't get it to work in 2 weeks of trying).
    @Azeis: I'm sorry to hear that Dexrex isn't working for you. Can you say what your OS version is? We're rolling out updates pretty quickly these days, after getting a ton of user feedback. If you're still having trouble, please drop us a line at http://www.dexrex.com/Contact.php -- we'll be happy to help get Dexrex running for you.

~ Cristos
    (Evangelist at Dexrex)
    Dexrex LLC
    http://www.dexrex.com
    Free SMS Message Management
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,145 Global Posts

Sorry never heard of this before. I know if you have a court order you can get them from your service provider I believe.

Global Posts
    6,995 Global Posts

That is creepy if they can... better stop making secret plans
    No longer a CrackBerry addict. Moved to Android - could not be happier!

PIN
    HEAD

Quote Originally Posted by bmcclure937 View Post
    That is creepy if they can... better stop making secret plans
    Hehehe, and stuff....
    ... and stuff!
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    15,146 Global Posts

Can a BES administrator read my PIN and/or SMS messages and see my phone call logs?
    Yes, if the BES is version 4.1 or newer and the device is o/s code 4.1 or later.
    • Starting with BES 4.1, the BES admin can log all PIN and SMS messages to the BES server, including the content of those messages.
    • BlackBerry Messenger messages and conversations can also be audited by the BES administrator.
    • In addition, the administrator can view all phone calls made/received to the device including date/time, number dialed, and the name of the person you are calling or who called you if that name is listed in your contact list.

Source: BES Users FAQ - BlackBerryFAQ
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,218 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JeffH View Post
    Can a BES administrator read my PIN and/or SMS messages and see my phone call logs?
    Yes, if the BES is version 4.1 or newer and the device is o/s code 4.1 or later.
    • Starting with BES 4.1, the BES admin can log all PIN and SMS messages to the BES server, including the content of those messages.
    • BlackBerry Messenger messages and conversations can also be audited by the BES administrator.
    • In addition, the administrator can view all phone calls made/received to the device including date/time, number dialed, and the name of the person you are calling or who called you if that name is listed in your contact list.

Source: BES Users FAQ - BlackBerryFAQ

Thanks so much JeffH!

These are the kind of posts I like seeing from our Crackberry Masters!
    I was a Treo user. Then the light of BlackBerry shone, and I was never the same.
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    32B59CEC

Default Dexrex Extensions for BlackBerry (redux) is out of beta!

For anyone still looking for information about Dexrex, we just released a much-improved version of our BlackBerry app. Feel free to check it out at https://www.dexrex.com/download/blackberry.

You can also drop me a line with your thoughts at http://www.dexrex.com/Contact.php if you have any questions.

~ Cristos
    Dexrex LLC
    http://www.dexrex.com
    Free SMS Message Management