Results 1 to 25 of 25
  1. Hi-Definition's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    967 Posts
    PIN
    EAPPLES with a dash of black pepper are scrumptious.
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

    Default How-To: Wipe/Format Curve Clean?

    I'll soon be getting my replacement Curve; as my current Curve has been malfunctioning on me.

    However; before I send my current Curve back to Sprint; I'd like to wipe it clean. I basically want to bring my current Curve back to the state it was in when it was brand-new/never-activated. Can someone more knowledgeable about this please provide step-by-step instructions on how to do this; it'll be appreciated.

    Hopefully; this will benefit other users as well.
  2. chaz_cb's Avatar
    Retired Forums Moderator

    Posts
    7,328 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,336 Global Posts
    PIN
    yep.
    #2  

    Default

    Go to Options> Security Options> General Setting> Hit Menu> Wipe Handheld.
    Thanked by:
    tia benson (05-17-2013) 
  3. brothamoveson's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,872 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,888 Global Posts
    PIN
    "HOOK EM"
    #3  

    Default

    Menu>Options > Security Options > General Settings > press Menu key > Wipe Handheld>it will ask you to enter blackberry as password
    BOLD 9780 "HOOK EM"
  4. bmcclure937's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    6,864 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,995 Global Posts
    #4  

    Default

    I hear an echo... lmao

    As the two above me stated... ^^^^^
    No longer a CrackBerry addict. Moved to Android - could not be happier!
  5. Hi-Definition's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    967 Posts
    PIN
    EAPPLES with a dash of black pepper are scrumptious.
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brothamoveson View Post
    Menu>Options > Security Options > General Settings > press Menu key > Wipe Handheld>it will ask you to enter blackberry as password
    I'm going to follow these intructions...but before I get to that point; you say that it'll ask me to enter blackberry as my password; so are you saying i should type in the word: 'blackberry'? Because I never set any sort of password on my Curve whatsoever.

    Oh and also; what do I do about the 5 e-mail accounts I have attached to my current Curve? Will wiping this handheld basically erase all the associated information for that as well? If so...that's good. Basically; after I send this Curve back to Sprint...I don't want any e-mails/messages and such still going through to the old Curve.
  6. bmcclure937's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    6,864 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,995 Global Posts
    #6  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hydroblack View Post
    I'm going to follow these intructions...but before I get to that point; you say that it'll ask me to enter blackberry as my password; so are you saying i should type in the word: 'blackberry'? Because I never set any sort of password on my Curve whatsoever.

    Oh and also; what do I do about the 5 e-mail accounts I have attached to my current Curve? Will wiping this handheld basically erase all the associated information for that as well? If so...that's good. Basically; after I send this Curve back to Sprint...I don't want any e-mails/messages and such still going through to the old Curve.
    Correct on both things, sir.

    'blackberry' as password

    no more email on old curve
    No longer a CrackBerry addict. Moved to Android - could not be happier!
  7. chaz_cb's Avatar
    Retired Forums Moderator

    Posts
    7,328 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,336 Global Posts
    PIN
    yep.
    #7  

    Default

    When you get the new one, go to your BIS site https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=sprint
    click on the "Change Device" link and switch to the new PIN. Then your existing email addresses will go to the new Curve.
  8. bmcclure937's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    6,864 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,995 Global Posts
    #8  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chaz View Post
    When you get the new one, go to your BIS site https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=sprint
    click on the "Change Device" link and switch to the new PIN. Then your existing email addresses will go to the new Curve.
    Thanks Chaz... I was trying to remember how to get him to switch over
    No longer a CrackBerry addict. Moved to Android - could not be happier!
  9. SoftwareJunkie's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    84 Posts
    #9  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hydroblack View Post
    I'll soon be getting my replacement Curve; as my current Curve has been malfunctioning on me.

    However; before I send my current Curve back to Sprint; I'd like to wipe it clean. I basically want to bring my current Curve back to the state it was in when it was brand-new/never-activated. Can someone more knowledgeable about this please provide step-by-step instructions on how to do this; it'll be appreciated.

    Hopefully; this will benefit other users as well.

    benefit other users as well? This is like the 123123132 post on how to wipe a handheld. What would benefit users more would be you doing a search on "wipe handheld" before making the 123123133 post on it.'

    The search is your friend, befriend it.
  10. Hi-Definition's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    967 Posts
    PIN
    EAPPLES with a dash of black pepper are scrumptious.
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #10  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SoftwareJunkie View Post
    benefit other users as well? This is like the 123123132 post on how to wipe a handheld. What would benefit users more would be you doing a search on "wipe handheld" before making the 123123133 post on it.'

    The search is your friend, befriend it.
    What's your beef with me?

    Anyways, regarding this topic...I did do a search actually; and some threads did come up. But I've noticed something about the forums and users within CrackBerry. A lot of carrier-specific users (Sprint, AT&T, T-Mobile, etc.) directly go to their respective carrier-forum within CB...therefore I thought it'd be appropriate to created a 'Wipe/Format Curve Clean' thread within the Sprint (Nextel) users forum.

    My apologies to those that this thread inconvenienced.

    Software...it would have been better/more civil to express your sentiment in a PM; rather than publically charging me like this. This is why I take exception to it. You should change your username to Mr. JustAnotherStatistic...ever read that MSNBC article stating the percentage of iPhone owners who carry around a second device...wonder which company makes that second device?

    Man that's blasphemous...sitting on the fence as a Mr. iPhone and a Mr. Curve guy...identity crisis? Is the Curve your freudian slip to the iPhone. Hah, good'evening to you buddy.
  11. SoftwareJunkie's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    84 Posts
    #11  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hydroblack View Post
    What's your beef with me?

    Anyways, regarding this topic...I did do a search actually; and some threads did come up. But I've noticed something about the forums and users within CrackBerry. A lot of carrier-specific users (Sprint, AT&T, T-Mobile, etc.) directly go to their respective carrier-forum within CB...therefore I thought it'd be appropriate to created a 'Wipe/Format Curve Clean' thread within the Sprint (Nextel) users forum.

    My apologies to those that this thread inconvenienced.

    Software...it would have been better/more civil to express your sentiment in a PM; rather than publically charging me like this. This is why I take exception to it. You should change your username to Mr. JustAnotherStatistic...ever read that MSNBC article stating the percentage of iPhone owners who carry around a second device...wonder which company makes that second device?

    Man that's blasphemous...sitting on the fence as a Mr. iPhone and a Mr. Curve guy...identity crisis? Is the Curve your freudian slip to the iPhone. Hah, good'evening to you buddy.
    So... what you are saying is.. you did a search for how to wipe a blackberry and you did not see the first two responses to this very thread in all the other threads on how to wipe a blackberry?? It doesnt MATTER what carrier, it's the SAME for every and any BLACKBERRY. That just shows me and everybody else reading this that you did not search before making the 123132123 thread on this topic. All the answers are the same. Options> Security Options> General Setting> Hit Menu> Wipe Handheld. Does not matter what carrier!

    How about you change your name to "ImNotBrightEnoughForACurve"

    You sound extremely jealous of Apple owners. You dont even know how to do some very very simply tasks on a Blackberry. You are the very reason why i'm sometimes ashamed of owning a Blackberry (lately). At least most Apple/Mac people know their stuff. I suggest you stop talking crap about Apple and catch up on learning your own device. haha.

    Blackberry made a huge mistake making the Pearl. It seems like ever since the Pearl came out Blackberry went too mainstream. Then you have to deal with people like this guy. Listen to him sit there and talk crap about the iPhone when he cant even wipe his own device. Any money this guy owned a Pearl before the Curve, ANY MONEY! Like I said, stop running your mouth about the iPhone.. seriously get to know your own PDA. You are the last person who is qualified to sit there and talk crap to anybody regardless what phone they have.
    Last edited by SoftwareJunkie; 06-30-2008 at 05:54 PM.
  12. ninfan's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    33 Posts
    #12  

    Default

    Charging at you? Dramatic much? How did softwarejunkie charge at you? He simply did what a lot of other users do when a post is and has been repeated sooo many times. Thats why search is there. I agree, wiping a handheld is pretty standard. I'm not sure why you werent able to find it by doing a search. I just did it right now to see what would come up and I read at least 7 diff posts all giving the exact same answer.

    To add onto software junkies "you are the last person" statement, you are the last person to tell anybody to express themselves to somebody in a PM. Next time use your own advice and instead of charging at somebody, PM them. You are the one doing the charging. It gets kind of old seeing the same exact post over and over. It's just like the "missing text messages" post. At least most people who post that, its their very first thread. You have over 200 posts, come on now.
  13. ninfan's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    33 Posts
    #13  

    Default

    Whats also funny is nowhere in software junkies 3 sent. post did he personally attack you. You had personal attacks everywhere in your post. Just like most of your posts.
  14. Curve088's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    12 Posts
    #14  

    Default

    wow that was pretty harsh to say about iPhone users. Why did you have to go and attack a huge group of people like that? I have an iPhone and absolutely love it. Why does that mean because I have 2 phones that i'm on the fence? Or that I have an identity crisis? They are two different pieces of equipment that satisfy two different needs. The only really big similiar thing between them is that they both are able to make phone calls. Cant we all just get along? They are phones for crying out loud.
  15. Hi-Definition's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    967 Posts
    PIN
    EAPPLES with a dash of black pepper are scrumptious.
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #15  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SoftwareJunkie View Post
    So... what you are saying is.. you did a search for how to wipe a blackberry and you did not see the first two responses to this very thread in all the other threads on how to wipe a blackberry?? It doesnt MATTER what carrier, it's the SAME for every and any BLACKBERRY. That just shows me and everybody else reading this that you did not search before making the 123132123 thread on this topic. All the answers are the same. Options> Security Options> General Setting> Hit Menu> Wipe Handheld. Does not matter what carrier!

    How about you change your name to "ImNotBrightEnoughForACurve"

    You sound extremely jealous of Apple owners. You dont even know how to do some very very simply tasks on a Blackberry. You are the very reason why i'm sometimes ashamed of owning a Blackberry (lately). At least most Apple/Mac people know their stuff. I suggest you stop talking crap about Apple and catch up on learning your own device. haha.

    Blackberry made a huge mistake making the Pearl. It seems like ever since the Pearl came out Blackberry went too mainstream. Then you have to deal with people like this guy. Listen to him sit there and talk crap about the iPhone when he cant even wipe his own device. Any money this guy owned a Pearl before the Curve, ANY MONEY! Like I said, stop running your mouth about the iPhone.. seriously get to know your own PDA. You are the last person who is qualified to sit there and talk crap to anybody regardless what phone they have.
    You're missing my point chief; I know (once I read on how to do it)...it's the same process for all the Curves (irregardless of carrier). You weren't miraculously born with the knowledge on how to do all things...a) either you were told because you asked; or someone told you within their own accord b) you read and found out. I'm no different; I don't know everything.

    But I created the thread within the 'Sprint (Nextel)' forum...so that those Sprint/Nextel users that visit CB and go to only their carrier-specific forum ; will see it right there. I have a lot of friends and relatives that peruse CB by only staying within their carrier-specific forum. So with people like that in mind; I created the thread. My intention wasn't bad.

    Quote Originally Posted by Curve088 View Post
    wow that was pretty harsh to say about iPhone users. Why did you have to go and attack a huge group of people like that? I have an iPhone and absolutely love it. Why does that mean because I have 2 phones that i'm on the fence? Or that I have an identity crisis? They are two different pieces of equipment that satisfy two different needs. The only really big similiar thing between them is that they both are able to make phone calls. Cant we all just get along? They are phones for crying out loud.
    Curve, I apologize. I own a touch (not that it matters); not an iPhone...and I agree that when it comes down to it (these are JUST phones we're talking about). However, softwarejunkie tends to hound my posts...just look at his previous posts towards me. I just feel I'm unfairly targeted by him on SOME of my posts. And I'm sorry for offending you; and/or other iPhone users.

    I don't apologize to mr. junk for stating my defense.
  16. ninfan's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    33 Posts
    #16  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hydroblack View Post
    You're missing my point chief; I know (once I read on how to do it)...it's the same process for all the Curves (irregardless of carrier). You weren't miraculously born with the knowledge on how to do all things...a) either you were told because you asked; or someone told you within their own accord b) you read and found out. I'm no different; I don't know everything.

    But I created the thread within the 'Sprint (Nextel)' forum...so that those Sprint/Nextel users that visit CB and go to only their carrier-specific forum ; will see it right there. I have a lot of friends and relatives that peruse CB by only staying within their carrier-specific forum. So with people like that in mind; I created the thread. My intention wasn't bad.


    Curve, I apologize. I own a touch (not that it matters); not an iPhone...and I agree that when it comes down to it (these are JUST phones we're talking about). However, softwarejunkie tends to hound my posts...just look at his previous posts towards me. I just feel I'm unfairly targeted by him on SOME of my posts. And I'm sorry for offending you; and/or other iPhone users.

    I don't apologize to mr. junk for stating my defense.
    ok.. youre missing his/her point! Softwarejunkies point was that its NOT a carrier related topic. Therefore people ( like your friends and family) should actually be searching for this in the Curve side. This is how forums start to get out of hand! Forums are supposed to be nice and organized. This topic right here should actually be moved to Blackberry, it should not stay in Sprint. It has nothinggg to do with Sprint.

    "BlackBerry Carrier Discussion
    Discuss Price Plans, Launch Dates, Outages, and get help with Carrier-specific issues!"


    That is what the Carrier topics are for according to CB. You should inform your friends and family that what I pasted above is what the Sprint side is for. Staying inside a carrier specific area is fine.. but when it comes to things regarding the device, they will have to venture out to the Blackberry side of the forums.
    Last edited by ninfan; 06-30-2008 at 07:04 PM.
  17. onemindspinning's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    5 Posts
    #17  

    Default

    Thanks for the info!
  18. sayno2crack's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    42 Posts
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    #18  

    Default

    Thanks Hi-Def for posting this thread. I was also curious about this samething (being carrier specific).

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
  19. bmjones17's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    24 Posts
    #19  

    Default

    Just to make a correction to this post. Blackberries no longer all wipe the same.
  20. snowwy66's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    74 Posts
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    #20  

    Default

    so what's the procedure on a curve 8330 running 5.0?????
  21. tom.duke's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    1 Posts
    #21  

    Default Drama?

    What's w/the drama? Take your frustrations out offline, or at least not here. This thread reads like 2 teenagers beefing on twitter - lol.
  22. frankavich84#CB's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    1 Posts
    #22  

    Default

    sprint does not offer the wipe handheld, only security wipe...
  23. anitaleblanc's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    1 Posts
    #23  

    Smile How To Wipe Blackberry Curve 8530

    You go to Options in your Menu, then to Security Options and then to Security Wipe...(I was with Koodo Mobile for my blackberry curve 8530, in Canada and I also only have Security Wipe so it's not just Sprint)
    Last edited by anitaleblanc; 07-24-2011 at 09:03 AM. Reason: wanted to add something
  24. Jody2355's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    1 Posts
    #24  

    Default

    my phone was stolen, how would i wipe it from a computer?
  25. FantomLightning's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    236 Posts
    Global Posts
    256 Global Posts
    #25  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jody2355 View Post
    my phone was stolen, how would i wipe it from a computer?
    You'd have to have BB Protect downloaded and enabled, if you do log on to the BB Protect site (link below), then click "Wipe Device". If you don't already have BB Protect, then I'm not really sure what you can do.

Posting Permissions