Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default How many other Sprint users are left just feeling straight up left out???

I know there are other posts out there speculating on new phones but is anyone just starting to feel like we're getting nothing new as far as new phones being offered?

I mean, ATT has the Bold, TMob will have the Javelin, Horrizon has the Storm. WTF.

Seriously now. I don't want to leave Sprint because the coverage is just as good as Verizon (it is Verizon when roaming) but it's so much less. This damn phone thing is starting to get to me.

I got the 8330 when it came out and I am very satisfied but it's pretty bad that we're getting no BB's.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Sprint is a discount carrier, so getting Blackberry devices before other carriers is just not going to happen. Keep in mind though, Sprint had a 3G BB (several of them in fact) for quite some time and AT&T is just now getting their first.

Dan

CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    17,128 Global Posts

If it wasn't for the fact that Verizon will cost me $30 more per month for less features, I would ditch Sprint for the Storm in a heartbeat.

Sprint's phone selection is garbage, but everyone else's plans are just too expensive.

Global Posts
    7,514 Global Posts
    PIN
    nacle of sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by hominid7 View Post
    Sprint is a discount carrier, so getting Blackberry devices before other carriers is just not going to happen. Keep in mind though, Sprint had a 3G BB (several of them in fact) for quite some time and AT&T is just now getting their first.
    Yeah, Sprint has been 3G since like 2002. Plus, when Sprint gets Blackberries, their usually better versions of what is already released (8830, 8130, 8330).

Global Posts
    17,128 Global Posts

Depends how you want to look at it. For once, Verizon got a ROM update before Sprint.

Sprint still lacks official 4.5 (for people who don't know about unofficial releases, which I'm sure is a lot) which essentially makes the 8330 not as good as it's counterparts.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    438 Global Posts

Its basically no way to have the best of both worlds. With Sprint your only choice is, Cheap plan and suffer with not having the latest device. Or pay tons a money a year on a plan with another carrier and have the latest device.
    To be honest it works in Sprint customers advantage....we pay cheaper plans than everyone else, and we never have to pay full price for a phone because by the time they come out we are ready to upgrade and get the discounted price.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Global Posts
    17,128 Global Posts

Again, depends what your needs are.

A "similar" plan to what I have on Sprint for AT&T is basically $14 a month more. Verizon is about $20 more (doesn't include verizon navigator though).

I don't particularly consider $14 more a month a huge difference. If it wasn't for the ETF I would probably pay that to get rid of Sprint and have a 624mhz blackberry for $150 instead of 200mhz.
    CrackBerry Master

PIN
    IT TO WIN IT

Yeah only reason i'm with sprint is i'm getting good phone plan but if sprint doesn't update mms on the blackberry soon I'm probably going to jump ship and just get the storm.

Global Posts
    17,128 Global Posts

Right now my dilemma is:

-Keep Sprint and pay $350ish for a Touch Pro (Benefit is lower monthly costs)
    -Ditch Sprint for AT&T, $200 ETF + $150 for BB Bold (higher monthly cost, possibly more unreliable network coverage)
    -Dtich Sprint for Verizon, $200 ETF + $200 for BB Storm (highest monthly cost, but better network coverage than both Sprint and AT&T)

So even with the ETF the upgrade cost ends up being practically identical for me. Having a hard time justifying sticking with Sprint, because even if I get the Touch Pro I'm gonna be stuck in the same "lack-of-phones" dilemma all over again about a year from now.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    333 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM

Still on the 'honeymoon' phase with my Curve 8330. I'm signed up till Sept. '10, but I can upgrade to a different device every year and re-sign a 2 year. If the Storm or variation of the Storm is available on Sprint a year from now, I just might hop on it.

*On a side note, did anyone catch wind about some Chinese University Students creating a battery that is 9x more effecient than current lithium batteries?
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    PIN
    3043CCE1

first off w/sprints coverage it the same as verizon when roaming(it free on most plans)2nd i Need the upgrade to 4.5 i need mms icant seen to get pics to verizon people,,,even with the 2222222222@vzw crap.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Im pretty dissapointed about the mms too no picture mail? come on. i just upgraded to the BB 8330 Titanium w/ the 2yr contrct the phone is a masterpiece but the 4.5 mms has got to happen & has to happen soon
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    PIN
    pm me

Quote Originally Posted by E Pow View Post
    Its basically no way to have the best of both worlds. With Sprint your only choice is, Cheap plan and suffer with not having the latest device. Or pay tons a money a year on a plan with another carrier and have the latest device.
    To be honest it works in Sprint customers advantage....we pay cheaper plans than everyone else, and we never have to pay full price for a phone because by the time they come out we are ready to upgrade and get the discounted price.

Exactly I was with cing/att for about 8 years and I'm saving a ton of money by not being able to pay full price for every new phone that comes out lol (looking at bright side)

CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    215 Global Posts

I too am quite upset but the costs of my plan per month are what keep me with sprint. If sprint charged as much as the other carriers I would be with another carrier by now also. I really wish sprint would get new blackberries as exclusive or new ones. Sprint knows they could not charge more because then they would not have any customers...if you have to pay the same monthly as a verizon customer or ATT then you may as well be with that carrier, especially if they have the new phones you want.

All and all I am sort of upset after playing around with the bold twice now.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,154 Global Posts

I agree with the OP but there is a trade off for not getting the latest BB's... Better prices, more value and features packed into the plans like the SE plan. I'll stick with Sprint because of that for as long as possible but I'm sure there will eventually be a breaking point where I might switch to ATT.

CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    487 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by papped View Post
    If it wasn't for the fact that Verizon will cost me $30 more per month for less features, I would ditch Sprint for the Storm in a heartbeat.

Sprint's phone selection is garbage, but everyone else's plans are just too expensive.
    Same here.
    CrackBerry User

my 8330 is fine for now. it would be nice to have a newer bb, but come on its not like our phones r a piece or any thing. i will agree that sprint has a bad selection of phones but im not worried bout all the other crappy phones they have. and my plan is less than 70 bucks for unlimited so that is what i use as my justification.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Yeah, I wonder how long I will be able to hold out before I pay the ETF and switch to a carrier that has cool BB's. I monitor these forums everyday for the prospect of good news to us. There never seems to be any. No 4.5, no new BB's, no new anything.

Yet it seems like every day there seems to be some nifty device coming out for other carriers.

I can probably hold out 'till Q3 of '09. If no new BB... I'm gone.

Global Posts
    17,128 Global Posts

Think I'm gonna pay the ETF and ditch sprint after all. The only new devices they have are the diamond and touch pro. I've read so many bad reports about heat issues that I am not interested in forking over a ton of money to have that problem.

Most of the Sprint phones that I've owned I've had major problems with, except the BB 8330 (which is just too outdated hardware-wise now).
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,736 Global Posts

Man I really dont understand why everyone needs the current BB? Whats wrong with the curve? For one every new phone is outrageous in Price! and with todays economy my main priority is not to have the newest BB. JMO. All i'm trying to say is to leave Sprint just so you can have the latest BB makes no sense to me.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    PIN
    Point On the Map

I just love the title o this thread
    Lol

Global Posts
    17,128 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Slammer View Post
    Man I really dont understand why everyone needs the current BB? Whats wrong with the curve? For one every new phone is outrageous in Price! and with todays economy my main priority is not to have the newest BB. JMO. All i'm trying to say is to leave Sprint just so you can have the latest BB makes no sense to me.
    It's more than just the phones (although the phones are a big part of it). Also I've stated several issues with the Curve:

1 - 200mhz cpu does not cut it. Navigating webpages with images is slow, opera mini crawls to navigate pages with images that run extremely better on older phones that have higher cpu speeds. Slowdown with various tasks is fairly common.
    2 - No mms.
    3 - No OS 4.5 released by Sprint. This is a huge problem for anyone who isn't aware of using unofficial roms (slower, more unreliable browser, lack of HTML email), which is probably more people than who do know.
    4 - Lack of HVGA or VGA resolution, which has a huge impact on many applications, particularly browsers or any app that dispalys a large amount of content.

My high speed, vga phone alternative (the only 2 that sprint offers) are the HTC Diamond and Touch Pro, which generate enough heat with tethering, phone calls or data streaming to melt plastic and run Windows Mobile...
    Last edited by papped; 11-14-2008 at 07:10 PM.
    CrackBerry User

Well... I'm running 4.5.0.97 on my curve and everything works great.
    Plus I get Sprint TV and nf mobile.
    I like watching every game the nfl network has on my phone. Althought it's not quite HDTV.

CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    982 Global Posts
    PIN
    Good ol' PM

Unlocked GPS, EVDO, Sprint TV, NFL Network and not having my wallet raped every month are more of a priority for me then MMS especially when the work around works just as quick for me.

Plus when the BOLD, Storm, or Javelin does hit Sprint, you best believe it will be far more tricked out then what the other carriers will provide. Especially if Sprint releases Wi-Max in one of these puppies.
    Last edited by Lennyj17; 11-16-2008 at 05:24 PM.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Global Posts
    13 Global Posts

Default Big baby's

Well now I see that there are still a lot of people that are upset because everyone is getting new Blackberry's and Sprint is not currently getting any.
    Here are some things to think about before you get all upset and do something stupid.

1. The number one thing is coverage. If the coverage is good for your area then you should not worry about what everyone else is doing.
    2. Sprint gives you way more for your buck then any one else does. If you dont believe me then check it out for yourself. Remember that the coverage area that you need is still the main factor.
    3. When and if they ever come out with OS 4.5, it will work well because they have tested every thing that goes with it. IE: GPS, NFL Mobile, Web Browsing. You would be lighting up these threads with pissed off comments if you got an OS that worked bad.
    4. MMS is not that big of a deal. You can log onto sprint mail and do just about anything that you need to do. If this is not good enough for you then maybe you should have done your research before you got a Sprint Blackberry.

Sprint will come out with great things later on down the road. I dont know about you but Sprint has been trying to make sure that their customer service is their number one concern right now. If you have called Sprint at all in the last month or so, the waiting time is way down and they are willing to work with you to make sure that everything is good. Earlier in the year you were on hold for hours just trying to get answers
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast