CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    PIN
    Ask
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default hotspot option

Verizon now has the "share everything" plan, which allows you to enable the hotspot feature on the phone. Is their an app I can use for my 9930 to do the same? I think Sprint wants to charge me an extra fee if I want to use the native Bb hotspot app.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

PIN
    What's that?

No, it must be enabled by your carrier. If it makes you feel any better the people who are still on Verizon's old plans (like me) still need to pay for the hotspot.
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN

You can get a all in one plan from Sprint that covers all data. I'm with them and I don't remember what they called it but it wasn't a bad price.
    [B]Real BlackBerry Phones Have Real Keyboards
    Q10 the finest BlackBerry
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    PIN
    Ask
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

Well, I have their family shared data plan. But mobile hotspot option is always an add-on from Sprint. I wish they change it similar to Verizon and allow their data customers to use that feature. It's not like their network is on LTE.

Quote Originally Posted by madman0141 View Post
    You can get a all in one plan from Sprint that covers all data. I'm with them and I don't remember what they called it but it wasn't a bad price.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,733 Global Posts

Default Re: hotspot option

$20 for 2GB is insane. I got the 6GB for $50,way cheaper. $8/GB compared to $10/GB.
    The promise of America is to be available to all regardless of race, nationality, creed or sexual orientation.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    912 Global Posts
    PIN

Default Re: hotspot option

I have a Bold 9930 fromSprint, their hotspot daily coverage is $1.67 to use unlimited hot spot with the Bold 9930. What they actually do will prorate a 30 day plan. For example , you only need the hotspot a week, then let Sprint know the beginning date and end date you will be having your hotspot service, they will then disconnect the hotspot on the day you request, and just charge you for the days you've used it. Again, approx $1.67 per day. Hope this info helped.