Verizon now has the "share everything" plan, which allows you to enable the hotspot feature on the phone. Is their an app I can use for my 9930 to do the same? I think Sprint wants to charge me an extra fee if I want to use the native Bb hotspot app.
    08-17-12 08:33 AM
    No, it must be enabled by your carrier. If it makes you feel any better the people who are still on Verizon's old plans (like me) still need to pay for the hotspot.
    08-17-12 01:27 PM
    You can get a all in one plan from Sprint that covers all data. I'm with them and I don't remember what they called it but it wasn't a bad price.
    08-17-12 01:30 PM
    Well, I have their family shared data plan. But mobile hotspot option is always an add-on from Sprint. I wish they change it similar to Verizon and allow their data customers to use that feature. It's not like their network is on LTE.

You can get a all in one plan from Sprint that covers all data. I'm with them and I don't remember what they called it but it wasn't a bad price.
    08-18-12 12:48 PM
    $20 for 2GB is insane. I got the 6GB for $50,way cheaper. $8/GB compared to $10/GB.
    10-14-12 10:52 PM
    I have a Bold 9930 fromSprint, their hotspot daily coverage is $1.67 to use unlimited hot spot with the Bold 9930. What they actually do will prorate a 30 day plan. For example , you only need the hotspot a week, then let Sprint know the beginning date and end date you will be having your hotspot service, they will then disconnect the hotspot on the day you request, and just charge you for the days you've used it. Again, approx $1.67 per day. Hope this info helped.
    11-04-12 07:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD