Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    312 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Arrow Has anyone thought of.....

Hey has anyone thought of switching from the Berry to the Touch pro? I'm thinking about it but I'm trying to figure out is it worth it? I've had Windows Mobile before & it makes your phone run terribly slow!!! I hated Windows Mobile! But I was told that this is a improvement!! I'm so sure! Any feed back would be much appreciative!!
    ~i.LiVe.iLoVe.&.iLeArN~ *Always* ~*NECI*N*MAIYA*~
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    433 Global Posts
    PIN
    30312C9E

I switched from BB to touch diamond. I am switching back today.

Battery life on both versions is pretty awful. Screen resolution is better than Curve. Has more to offer for customization (WM is great for that). Wi-Fi, GPS and Micro SD card slot (that you can load programs on to run).

with all that, I'm heading back to BB. I need better battery life and faster, more reliable email service.

WM does not make my touch diamond run slow at all. Part of the 'slowness' is user error or the user not understanding how the WM phone worked. Not sayin but all 4 of the WM phones I had meet my expectations for performance. Diamond is pretty rockin in that department.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    433 Global Posts
    PIN
    30312C9E

as well, my friend got the fuze (essentially the touch pro for gsm) and i thought the keyboard was fantastic. big enough but the phone was still small in my hand.

CrackBerry User

I'm also thinking about switching to the touch pro. I'm addicted to my 8830 but pretty sure sprint wont get any new bb's for a while so thinking about switching. I'm torn as well, would appreciate the feedback too
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    a medal upon my chest!

BLASPHEMERS!!! j/k

If it is a better phone, then why question it. I am just very anti-Windows in any form, so I would go for any of the Nokias running linux.
    HTC EVO 4G - GingerDeck 1.3
    Crackberry 9930- Meh, it's a Blackberry

"What if we don't want to use a Blackberry, because they are stupid and pointless?" -Dwight Schrute
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    17,193 Global Posts

I was gonna go to the Touch Pro (since there's no other options on Sprint).

But after the widespread heat issues you can read about on ppcgeeks, I decided to pass...

Global Posts
    7,514 Global Posts
    PIN
    nacle of sarcasm

The only thing that impressed me about the Touch Pro was the camera and its design. Although it looks the s***, its no Blackberry. Pretty much all of the WinMo devices that I've played with are slow and buggy compared to my Blackberry.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    433 Global Posts
    PIN
    30312C9E

man, just switched to my new curve this morning.

coming from the touch diamond, this curve screen looks like an old 8 bit video game. lol

Global Posts
    17,193 Global Posts

Yeah if you downgrade from VGA to 320x240, it's not gonna be pretty.

You should see the Bold though, it makes even the iPhone and Touch Pro screens look kinda dull.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    433 Global Posts
    PIN
    30312C9E

i have, briefly. it is sharp as ****. beautiful

Global Posts
    7,514 Global Posts
    PIN
    nacle of sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by papped View Post
    You should see the Bold though, it makes even the iPhone and Touch Pro screens look kinda dull.
    Yeah the Bold's screen is gnarly sharp! I was blown away when I tinkered around with one. The Speed Racer sample video looked sooooooo clean and crisp.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    449 Global Posts
    PIN
    3041444a

All the new WinMo stuff coming out is on some pretty sick hrdware, so speed won't be an issue. Just stay away from the touch pro on VZW, they have crippled GPS and memory.

I think of WinMo vs. Berry devices as being staggered. There seem to be quite a few "next" gen WinMo gear coming fast right now. I think in another year or so you'll get the Berry next gen. I know we have bold and storm now, but I think we will see that stuff plus more pollished up a lot. So just keep switvhing bacvk and forth. That touch pro screen and its size is sick.

Global Posts
    17,193 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pmjohnson99 View Post
    All the new WinMo stuff coming out is on some pretty sick hrdware, so speed won't be an issue. Just stay away from the touch pro on VZW, they have crippled GPS and memory.
    I wouldn't say that for sure. Touch Pro is running 528mhz and still hits lags not even running any 3rd party apps (was even worse for the international GSM versions), and that is just on WM6.1. WM has a huge history of lagging on current processor speeds.
    Last edited by papped; 11-27-2008 at 04:39 AM.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Ever thought of getting a non-Blackberry device?

Nope.

Global Posts
    7,514 Global Posts
    PIN
    nacle of sarcasm

WM devices don't even compare to Blackberries. Anyone that says otherwise is just biased or naive.