Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree51Likes
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #76  

If sprint doesn't get the Z10, I'm going to go get a free phone from virgin and pay 30 bucks a month until I can afford my z. I say those of us willing to leave do something like the Sprint petition telling sprint we're out.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    6,096 Global Posts

Default Re: Damn you, sprint!!! No Z10?

Quote Originally Posted by idon12no View Post
    If sprint doesn't get the Z10, I'm going to go get a free phone from virgin and pay 30 bucks a month until I can afford my z. I say those of us willing to leave do something like the Sprint petition telling sprint we're out.
    there's is one already going, search for the link, think its with in the first couple of pages here.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #78  

ah, I signed those then
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by smader12 View Post
    Sign it here: Petition Bring the Z10 To Sprint

Not sure why Sprint is ignoring this ground breaking new phone.
    Looks like the petition has a ways to go before hitting 10k sigs. Damm you Sprint!
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    984 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by geoffsdad View Post
    Looks like the petition has a ways to go before hitting 10k sigs. Damm you Sprint!
    You know, if sprint got this I am right at 95% ready for a GSM carrier. Can swap my SIM when I want to have a new phone, etc. I would have to see the sprint stores have the z10 the same day as I at&t or I am off sprint.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by kirklan3 View Post
    read this article . Sprint hasn't confirmed the Z10 because.... The Sprint Version Of The Blackberry Z10 Hasn’t Been Approved By The FCC - The Sprint Cult
    This article makes no sense. The Z10 isn't mentioned in the press release cause it hasn't cleared the FCC. The Q10 hasn't cleared the FCC either but the press release was all about the Q10.

As others have stated, open your eyes people. BlackBerry documents point to 4 versions of the Z10. There is HSPA+ phone, two versions for the GSM/LTE carriers and one version for CDMA/LTE. That CDMA phone is a single band LTE phone and that band happens to be Verizon's. So unless Sprint has a hidden 5th phone or somhow delayed the Verizon phone to get BB to squeeze in LTE band 25, we will not be seeing a Sprint banded Z10 in March or April. Start jumping ship folks! Lol.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    6,096 Global Posts

they are giving their customers the run around,and doing everything they can t beat around the truth,
    mzceetee likes this.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    984 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FrankPCS View Post
    This article makes no sense. The Z10 isn't mentioned in the press release cause it hasn't cleared the FCC. The Q10 hasn't cleared the FCC either but the press release was all about the Q10.

As others have stated, open your eyes people. BlackBerry documents point to 4 versions of the Z10. There is HSPA+ phone, two versions for the GSM/LTE carriers and one version for CDMA/LTE. That CDMA phone is a single band LTE phone and that band happens to be Verizon's. So unless Sprint has a hidden 5th phone or somhow delayed the Verizon phone to get BB to squeeze in LTE band 25, we will not be seeing a Sprint banded Z10 in March or April. Start jumping ship folks! Lol.
    Thanks that info is good to know but sucks for those that can't jump ship due to highs etfs. Works out I will have 1 month left in march and if I waited till april when I am up doe new phone and paid that other month on my current phone it is the same as the last months etf fee so I jump in March.
    CrackBerry Genius

Why are people concerned about a single carrier's Apple puppetry?

If they can't carry what you want, move to another carrier.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #85  

I didn't copy the page, but I read a report that said the various carriers had confirmed the following: AT&T - Z10 and Q10, Verizon - Z10 and Q10, only US carrier with white phone, T-Mobile - Z10 only, Sprint - Q10 only. And I was leaning towards T-Mobile too. Dang.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    256 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sandmanfvr View Post
    You know, if sprint got this I am right at 95% ready for a GSM carrier. Can swap my SIM when I want to have a new phone, etc. I would have to see the sprint stores have the z10 the same day as I at&t or I am off sprint.
    Be ready for crappy rural coverage compared to the CDMA carriers. If you stay mainly urban it shouldn't be an issue.
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by sandmanfvr View Post
    I was thinking about going GSM too, especially since there are rumors that Verizon's CDMA testing is what is holding up US release. T-Mo is closest to sprint's pricing but I was thinking of going with ATT. Worried about coverage tho. Do GSM phones still have more indoor reception issues?
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,034 Global Posts
    PIN
    7BCA4397

Default Damn you, sprint!!! No Z10?

Quote Originally Posted by FantomLightning View Post
    Be ready for crappy rural coverage compared to the CDMA carriers. If you stay mainly urban it shouldn't be an issue.
    AT&T has pretty good edge coverage even in rural areas. I've been in several places that had no CDMA coverage but did have AT&T edge (eg north of Las Vegas by a hundred miles or so).
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    256 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by valeuche View Post
    AT&T has pretty good edge coverage even in rural areas. I've been in several places that had no CDMA coverage but did have AT&T edge (eg north of Las Vegas by a hundred miles or so).
    It does vary by area that's a given, but simply put the coverage foot prints esp. in rural areas are larger for CDMA networks.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    984 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by valeuche View Post
    My at&t work phone does better than my sprint home phone, thus at&t will be fine for me to jump to and there is 4G in my area, sprint is just 3G but at&t 3G is better on gsm anyway.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    18 Global Posts

I put 10K in there not knowing what to put (rookie), it's now set to 1500 to make it not look so grim.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    919 Global Posts

I don't think Sprint will get the z10, they would have announced it with the Q10. They do state BB10 deviceS so I assume there is more coming up later this year. Remember, BlackBerry announced there are more devices coming later this year, so who knows what Sprint will get. I will add a line to get the Q10 and have an upgrade available end of summer. I will see what is out there then.

Everybody planning to jump ship to T-mobile: Sprint still has a lot of work to do with their LTE roll out, but T-mobile just started. They have a long way to go before they're done with that. Sprint should be done early next year as they had some delays and issues, but seem back on track while announcing market after market. So us Sprint customers will be on LTE speed while Tmo peeps are on HSPA+ next year
    Next to that T-mobile is only getting the z10 and no Q10. Just as much as Sprint has customers upset that they do not seem to be carrying the Z10, the same applies for customers on T-mobile wanting the Q10. Yes, T-mobile is GSM, but miost people can't or won't pay the full price and will get it on contract somewhere else. Sprint has the most comparable prices so if coverage is the same and your off contract there is no reason not to change. I think it will be an exchange between T-mobile and Sprint.

I looked forward to the Z10 and was ready to make the jump to full touch, but it is. The Q10 will be a superfast work horse with all that power and just a small screen to power. The screen is bigger then the 9930
    rbrooks86 likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

I could hold out a month or two longer if I knew the BB10 slider was coming to sprint in may. It would be nice to have the slider release info
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    6,096 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mistik1973 View Post
    I don't think Sprint will get the z10, they would have announced it with the Q10. They do state BB10 deviceS so I assume there is more coming up later this year. Remember, BlackBerry announced there are more devices coming later this year, so who knows what Sprint will get. I will add a line to get the Q10 and have an upgrade available end of summer. I will see what is out there then.

Everybody planning to jump ship to T-mobile: Sprint still has a lot of work to do with their LTE roll out, but T-mobile just started. They have a long way to go before they're done with that. Sprint should be done early next year as they had some delays and issues, but seem back on track while announcing market after market. So us Sprint customers will be on LTE speed while Tmo peeps are on HSPA+ next year
    Next to that T-mobile is only getting the z10 and no Q10. Just as much as Sprint has customers upset that they do not seem to be carrying the Z10, the same applies for customers on T-mobile wanting the Q10. Yes, T-mobile is GSM, but miost people can't or won't pay the full price and will get it on contract somewhere else. Sprint has the most comparable prices so if coverage is the same and your off contract there is no reason not to change. I think it will be an exchange between T-mobile and Sprint.

I looked forward to the Z10 and was ready to make the jump to full touch, but it is. The Q10 will be a superfast work horse with all that power and just a small screen to power. The screen is bigger then the 9930
    sprint is contract to sell Iphones a lot of them, hence no Z10, and yes the Q10 looks like a great phone and I keep going back and fourth about staying with Sprint and grabbing it when it comes out. I have the 9930 and love, without a doubt one of the best phones I've owned. screen size I don't think its much bigger.

The Z10, was or is what I'm looking foreward to, and the fact Sprint won't carry the Z10, because the iphone drives me nuts to the point I will leave after 12 years.

so thinking that Sprint won't do the samething in the future with other BB phones, I wouldn't be to sure.
    smader12 likes this.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    919 Global Posts

I dont understand why everybody seems to think its the fault of the Iphone. It's not.

Yes, they have an agreement with Apple to sell a lot of Iphones and I think they do not have an issue selling those. If any phones would endanger Iphone sales its the Note2 and S3 currently. Samsung will announce the S4 soon and unless apple comes out with a new true upgrade so Iphone6 and not 5S they will loose more and more customers to samsung. Sure people will switch over but that's not endangering Iphone sales.

I'm pretty sure sprint will carry more BB10 phones later this year next to the q10.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #96  

I was looking at leaving sprint for The-mobile, but if I leave now, it will have to be for ATT or Verizon, so I have access to both phones.
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Mistik1973 View Post
    I dont understand why everybody seems to think its the fault of the Iphone. It's not.

Yes, they have an agreement with Apple to sell a lot of Iphones and I think they do not have an issue selling those. If any phones would endanger Iphone sales its the Note2 and S3 currently. Samsung will announce the S4 soon and unless apple comes out with a new true upgrade so Iphone6 and not 5S they will loose more and more customers to samsung. Sure people will switch over but that's not endangering Iphone sales.

I'm pretty sure sprint will carry more BB10 phones later this year next to the q10.

Yea, You are right. Sprint will have a bigger selection by the end of the year. It is just I have been waiting along time. I should have gotten a 9930 but I made the decision to scrape along with this 9650. I guess I should be happy the phone made it almost 3 years. Anyway, Sprint doesn't even have a Windows phone option yet so you can read into that what you want. It still doesn't make sense to me why they wouldn't launch the Z10 with the Q10, even if it was in April.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    919 Global Posts

Windows are coming up this summer. They just seem to be careful and place a sure bet with the Q10 instead of the Z10. It seems that the Z10 is doing well so far, so they will probably chime in with a full touch later this year.

CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #99  

I think the silliest thing of this sprint situation is that all sprint had to do is order up a safe number of z10's and sell them, that woulda shut us up quick. They've been selling, and I assume not selling, crappy phones for the ten plus years I've been a customer, so fear of a lousy phone is not an issue. I think they just wrote off the general blackberry community and figured they could satisfy corporate users by carrying the more traditional qwerty phone.
    CrackBerry Abuser

As time has gone on, I have decided to use this as a positive thing. Since I use my phone every day as everyone does, I will accept getting the Q10 first to try it out, then when they release the Z10 I will try it then. One regret I have always had is not trying enough Blackberry models. Time to try them all!
    BergerKing and Mistik like this.
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast