Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    307D2225
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default 2 lines / 1 blackberry

I have heard of people having multiple lines on one phone, can you do this on sprint/curve? Not wanting to call dreaded customer no speak english service if possible! LOL
    What would Crackberry be like without opposing thumbs?
    Follow Me On Twitter
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    467 Global Posts

Now I dont know if this is still a legit link but try this
    Second Line Service from Sprint
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,179 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bllackkman View Post
    Now I dont know if this is still a legit link but try this
    Second Line Service from Sprint
    I never knew they had that, you learn something new everyday.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    49 Global Posts

Can't do it. First off this can only be done on the Nextel side, and second, blackberry's are NOT compatible.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    422 Global Posts

if I remember correctly, there was only 1 phone from Nextel that enabled you to do this, and that was a Motorola phone. I'm not sure what phone they have not that has the dual line capability...and I believe Nextel is the only carrier that has a phone with that option...
    CrackBerry User

I used to have nextel service and as I recall, every nextel I had could have more than one line on it including the blackberry 7100i and I think I heard that the curve 8350i has that capability as well (though I am not 100% sure about that).
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    307D2225
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

Unfortunately I am on sprint not nextel anymore, I guess I will have to figure something else out.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Abuser

It really depends on what you want to use it for. If you are trying to separate friends from business there are a ton of programs that will do that.

If you want a second line for data, or more minutes, or to have business paid account, then the below will not help.

There is a ton of programs out there that make two numbers one phone. By far the best is google voice, that I have used so far. it is still in alpha, and I do not know when they will accept new people.

The concept is simple. Google will give you a new number. The number will ring through to any phone number that you want.

So let us say that you have (555)555-5555 on your blackberry, google will give you a number like (555) 555-5556. The new number will ring through to your phone.

The google number allows you to send any phone call to any number you want. For example, you could link your father in law to a local tavern. Or send your boss to your hotel in Israel (have not tried this, outside of the usa).

This will give you a second line, using only one line.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    3174F8F0

Quote Originally Posted by thedarkfinder View Post
    It really depends on what you want to use it for. If you are trying to separate friends from business there are a ton of programs that will do that.

If you want a second line for data, or more minutes, or to have business paid account, then the below will not help.

There is a ton of programs out there that make two numbers one phone. By far the best is google voice, that I have used so far. it is still in alpha, and I do not know when they will accept new people.

The concept is simple. Google will give you a new number. The number will ring through to any phone number that you want.

So let us say that you have (555)555-5555 on your blackberry, google will give you a number like (555) 555-5556. The new number will ring through to your phone.

The google number allows you to send any phone call to any number you want. For example, you could link your father in law to a local tavern. Or send your boss to your hotel in Israel (have not tried this, outside of the usa).

This will give you a second line, using only one line.
    They're accepting new users, slowly but surely I think. I got an invite code today and I had been waiting since March or so.