You know a while ago their was a post on here that suggested that the trash was going to be cleaned out. Mind telling me then just why we still have to put up with the RIM haters. Honestly, it's enough. Scrolling through loads of BB/RIM haters whose usual problem is simply that they can't get over their own self importance is destroying this site.

People get over yourselves! Apple is not perfect, Android is not perfect, and neither is our dear old BB, but I would sooner have a BB than any of the others any day.

Suppose this post will receive a ton of abusive remarks now, but you know what! I don't care. Just stop dishing the fifth on RIM and BB phones.
    12-01-11 04:59 AM
    What a boring world it would be if everyone around you all liked the same things.
    Chocolate and vanilla... the choices are there for a reason. An opinion that differs from yours shouldn't put you off but should challenge you to support what you believe in.
    decypher44 likes this.
    12-01-11 05:51 AM
    We don't need another thread like this. It is also cluttering up the forums. Please, OP, post in the existing thread and ask the mods to lock or delete this one. You're only adding to the mess.
    12-01-11 06:26 AM
    I haven't seen a lot of RIM bashing on this site. What I see is Android and iPhone users correct Blackberry users on misinformation that they say about the other devices that have never used them or have very limited time with them.

Glad you like your blackberry. I loved mine when I was using RIM products. Now I like using an Android device. Who knows what I'll use a year or five years from now.

I think what you want is a Blackberry only site where people only say nice things about RIM devices. That's closer to censorship than a public forum. The nice thing about these forums is you can avoid reading threads and posts and put users on ignore.

Here's some advice that you might take or might not. But it works well for me. If you find yourself actually getting upset at people you've never met because of their typed words on a public forum, you might take a deep breath and step away from the monitor for a bit. Of course, if the worse you have to worry about is the opinion of a bunch of strangers, then you've got a pretty stressfree life, and I kinda' envy you.
    12-01-11 06:32 AM
    You know a while ago their was a post on here that suggested that the trash was going to be cleaned out. Mind telling me then just why we still have to put up with the RIM haters. Honestly, it's enough. Scrolling through loads of BB/RIM haters whose usual problem is simply that they can't get over their own self importance is destroying this site.

People get over yourselves! Apple is not perfect, Android is not perfect, and neither is our dear old BB, but I would sooner have a BB than any of the others any day.

Suppose this post will receive a ton of abusive remarks now, but you know what! I don't care. Just stop dishing the fifth on RIM and BB phones.
    As someone whose been here for a while, over two years, I can say that the forum is actually in great shape. The mods I think do a very good job of cleaning up meaningless discussions, such as this one.
    12-01-11 06:53 AM
    Why do you care, how the next person feels about a cell phone?

You do realize these are just phones?

A phone.

Take a chill pill. Breathe in. Breathe out.

Enjoy life. Don't let a hater get the best of you.
    12-01-11 08:27 AM
    If someone is constantly making posts/threads that you donot like or don't want to read, you COULD put them on your Ignore/Block list.

War Is All We Know
    12-01-11 08:35 AM
    As mods we make best effort, but we are outnumbered by trash posts and constrained to firefighting methods. We can't go out and ban a new user based on one critical post - we have to let them prove they are trolls first.

It doesn't help that some of our members believe they can do a better job by provoking troublemakers into a fight, rather than reporting posts so the fight can be prevented. All they achieve is to increase the work of mods so more trolls can slip past in the chaos.
    12-05-11 06:24 PM
    I think it would go a long way for improving the CrackBerry site if we actually removed the Alternate OS sections and just enforced a cross site membership.

a large part of the "issue" is former BlackBerry owners who stay on the CrackBerry site because of the community, and who maintain contribution to this site mostly in the alternative OS forums, those posts would serve FAR BETTER the Mobile nations community in the proper sites forums rather than on CrackBerry.
    additionally it will give some of the more Anti BlackBerry PRO other less reasons to come here. CrackBerry is the Catch all site, This is a fan site where you are not allowed to be a fan, the fact if someone calls an iPhone an iToy they will get many many posts to say how it isn't a toy, well NO it isn't a toy that is right, but this is a BlackBerry Forum, and thus the latitude to talk a bit of smack about the competition needs to be given, the "Help" or the "correcting" done by the Non BlackBerry user is like me going into a Montreal Canadians Forums and correcting every time someone says Kessel sucks, and breaking out all the statistics why he doesn't suck.

That would be considered trolling on regular fan site, on CrackBerry it seems to be encouraged, by the fact we have a very active group of non BlackBerry users who are made to feel welcome by having a forum for them.

I continually find myself annoyed by posters who if I changed RIM and Apple into Sports teams would find themselves tossed out and perma banned from #1 fan sites.
    12-07-11 02:35 PM
    If someone is constantly making posts/threads that you donot like or don't want to read, you COULD put them on your Ignore/Block list.

War Is All We Know

I do agree with this for the most part, as I recently started using my ignore list

BUT the ignore list is flawed, you can't read their posts, but they can read and quote your posts, It was brought to my attention one user who I had on ignore was talking smack about me, I didn't know because she was ignored, but she was able to quote me and argue her point, and I look to be giving in as I don't respond.
    In addition one can't assist the moderators by reporting a bad post when it is on ignore.

This makes the Ignore feature an issue, especially if you actually care about the community and the site as a whole.
    I question if the reporting features are available for the administration to see how many times a user is on an ignore list, and their % of posts vs reported posts,
    12-07-11 02:43 PM
    I like the idea of getting rid of the other platforms on CrackBerry and the other Mobile Nations sites. The Android section here is great but would be better in Android Central.

When I got an Android I stopped coming to CrackBerry and went over there. Unfortunately I was banned there but I then moved to Android Forums my Phandroid and posted there.

I only came back to CrackBerry when I was considering switching back to BlackBerry.

Since Mobile Nations is one network, with different platforms, I think everyone should post without their specific forms unless it is a question comparing two devices not for debate but for information.
    12-07-11 04:01 PM
    Here are my thoughts. I don't hate RIM or the BB brand. What I do not like is posters that have no clue what they are talking about and speculate about phones they have not even owned. There seems to be a plethora of users who like to attack people personally and stereotype groups. If you don't know what you are talking about then don't say anything. DeRusset, I get the itoy thing coming from you I laugh and get it. But from some people that I can mention but won't they get zero respect from me because of ignorant if not straight out remarks that are lies or have no backing. I have respect for anyone that can present facts and have a debate or conversation that makes sense. DeRusset we don't agree on much but I also have no ill will towards you because you speak from a base of knowledge not speculation. Like killed thrower said about correcting misinformation but when you do you are a troll a hater etc....

Sent from my MB292LL using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Accidental Post; 12-09-11 at 07:10 PM.
    12-09-11 07:07 PM
    I don't hate the OS's. I hate the fanboys of the respective OS's.
    The overzealous blind ones that talk about how the other OS's suck.

For example those who make threads about BB OS problems in the iPhone section (hint hint)
    kbz1960 likes this.
    12-09-11 07:56 PM
    Would you care to share? Where I made such a remark? That is if you are talking about me? And then show me where I misrepresented what was said.

Because unlike a lot of folks I speak highly of my OS and don't misrepresent the shortcomings of another OS to make myself feel better.

Sent from my MD276LL using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Accidental Post; 12-09-11 at 08:38 PM.
    12-09-11 08:35 PM
    haha. You posted something about BB having security issues in 6.0 (Which had been blogged about, discussed and fixed months before your post)

Then you ended the post with a i think.

Then You defended yourself, saying that BB users shouldn't be in the iPhone section anyways or something.

I don't remember all of it. lol.
    It annoyed me a bit.
    The last part at least. because it had nothing to do with iPhone.
    12-09-11 09:16 PM
    I like reading about all the platforms in the news section here. That's interesting.
    12-10-11 02:31 AM
    But the security issue was not a myth nor a fabrication whereas there are so many misguided truths all throughout this forum it is quite laughable.

12-10-11 10:19 AM
    I dislike fanboy's on both sides, only fanboys who are good in my books are Ford Truck fans and McDonalds fans everyone else is wrong!

aside from that I do hate OS's, I have hated having to use MacOS X since 2005, and every year with the exception of last year I try to not hate it but I can't, iOS I also hate, though I don't spend time anymore trying to not hate it, I just tell people to go see an Apple "genius" if they need help.

But when I do need help on another OS, I DON'T come to CrackBerry, I have accounts on every mobile nations site, I have accounts on a few Mac, a few Windows, a Few Office, PHP, Ruby, and a few hardware sites, and when I need help I go their, I want my question to contribute to the appropriate community if it gets answered.

I DID find myself providing my PlayBook experience on the WebOS forum in a thread though, I did stop replying after I cleared up the miss conceptions and didn't keep fighting, as it is a WebOS forum, I expect there to be a lot of PlayBook bashing for no reason other than it isn't a HP Touchpad.
    I Do NOT hang out there looking for misconceptions and misrepresentations of BlackBerry products just to correct them as a appreciate their right as a fan site to be ignorant of other products, I'm ignorant of the majority of the stats of the Montreal Hacks Habs players, and wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if I misrepresented a few of the players abilities in Toronto Maple Leafs forums, and you know what, no one bothers to correct those misrepresentations, maybe a few comments about how I could be wrong in comparison with a leaf, but amazingly enough a sports site is less argumentative than this one!
    12-10-11 10:39 AM
    But the security issue was not a myth nor a fabrication whereas there are so many misguided truths all throughout this forum it is quite laughable.

Wat.
    It was a very late post of something that happened months before your post.
    And it did seem like troll bait to be honest.

And you did act like a troll afterwards.

And there are security flaws on iPhones. (the one where you could access the call log by emergency calling and hanging up while they had a password) or the one where an apple employee loaded the wrong persons information on someones iphone.
    12-11-11 12:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD