Hey All,

Have a ton of work to get done tonight (tight timeframe), but wanted to drop a message here quick for those who are fired up about the What Would You Do for a BlackBerry 10 Phone? Contest.

Today was posted the 4th winner -- the bikini photoshoot -- and it got a lot of mixed comments (some of you LOVING it, others hating on it getting picked), so just wanted to address it here. I browsed through the comments quick.. didn't read every single word, but got the gist of it. So let me drop some notes here to clarify things.

NUMBER 1: The premise of the contest - I notice a ton of people didn't read it, so they're are always a bunch of comments saying pick this one to win, or don't pick this one to win. Every video we're running on the site is already a winner. The way it worked was people could submit their idea of WHAT THEY WOULD DO. On the crack team we go through all these ideas and decide which ones we'd like to see carried out. From there we contact those people - if they're willing to follow through with their idea, then they win. They carry out their idea, send us in the evidence they actually did it, and then when the phones come out, we hook them up with their BB10 phone and prize pack. Done.

NUMBER 2: How we pick the winners - It's NOT just about the craziest most dangerous ideas. It's about spreading out the mix of ideas to show off the diversity of the CrackBerry audience and BlackBerry fan base. We ran this same contest back for the BlackBerry Storm, and similar to now we had some people getting mad at the winners picked, etc. It's going to happen. You can't please everybody. We had like 20 people say they would get BlackBerry tattoos. 15 people say they'd go polar bear diving. Others who would literally torture themselves. It's kinda crazy (and awesome) all of the stuff you're willing to do for a BlackBerry. And honestly, while that's good, we can't pick those way too over the top ideas -- the last thing I want is for somebody to get hurt doing something winning a phone (something I pointed out in the original contest post). So with the Storm contest when we ran it we decided to pick entries that varied across broad categories. A couple crazy ideas (getting shot with paintballs, the tattoo), some sexy ideas (the pudding wrestling in new york), some arts and craft ideas (making a giant BlackBerry Storm quilt), etc. Overall, it worked great. That contest went down in history as pure awesome, even though along the way as we posted each video we had people jumping in saying you should have picked me instead, etc. No matter what you can't make everybody happy with a contest like this. And also, we don't know exactly how the final videos/posts will look until we get them. Some will be awesome.... some less so... so we roll with it. The option is not doing a contest at all, but that would suck. So when it comes to picking the winning ideas, we spread them out... and we've been doing the same this year. That tattoo was crazy. The BlackBerry Princess and Bikini Photoshoot fill sexy fun side. The paper cranes fit into that arts and crafts and a ton of work side. Between all the entries there's a lot of diversity, and I think so far the videos have been entertaining! And there's still more to come in the mix. So from a entry standpoint, we look at is as which videos we want to see executed. For some, it means going outside a person's comfort zone. For others, maybe it's taking advantage of their career and what they do for a living to still do something awesome. Really overall, my goal with a contest like this is for the world to see that there is a BlackBerry fan base out there that's extremely passionate about their devices. It worked with the Storm contest and it's working again this year. After today's posts there are actually a lot of posts going up on the net mentioning the contest. Of course those sites will write about it in the way that suits their audience (like these people are nuts!), but it's still good as its spreading that message that there is a loyal fan base.

NUMBER 3: As for the Bikini Model Photoshoot, she's actually a BONUS 11th winner. When we found out she was in Miami, we thought we would do that up extra special. As some of you may / may not know, we have an office in Miami where our design team is and some of our coders. So we know lots of people out there, etc. So we hooked her up with our friends at Capture Fashion to pull together her BlackBerry bikini photoshoot for CrackBerry as part of some other work she was doing. That's a little outside the normal rules, but I wanted to see it happen, so I made an exception. This site is CRACKBERRY... every now and then I like to see us push the limits on this site... which usually ticks off a few people, but overall is worth doing. Keeps things memorable around here. It's funny... when you write so many stories every day, week month, when you look back they sort of blend in together... but then when you do the occasional over the top post (like me taking my shirt off and dancing on youtube last year, or this bikini photoshoot), then those posts get remembered for years to come. So yeah, for the people complaining on it, etc... just chillax. It's for fun. Look at it for what it is and nothing more. We got the video back yesterday and I wanted to run it today on the eve of the big launch so didn't put into the contest that it was a bonus entry, but we still have seven more videos to come.

Ok, gotta jet for now. Hope that adds some clarity. Just enjoy the contest folks. Don't over think it! Peace.
    01-29-13 08:35 PM
    Just enjoy the contest folks. Don't over think it! Peace.
    All that needed to be said in my opinion...thanks and have fun over the next 24!
    kbz1960 likes this.
    01-29-13 08:45 PM
    No need to explain. If I ran Crackberry only Hot chicks would win!!
    01-29-13 08:50 PM
    That's why you're CrackBerry Kevin.
    01-29-13 08:51 PM
    Don't give those comments a second thought Kevin. Like you said, you can't please everyone all the time.
    01-29-13 08:56 PM
    It made me want to watch Fast Times again. Pheobe Cates some twenty years later.
    01-29-13 08:58 PM
    I appreciate this post.

Kevin, I apologize for making more work for you (this thread) but I felt I had to voice my opinion
    01-29-13 09:08 PM
    And I was willing to run down the street in my underwear while everyone was arriving to their homes...Garrett McNamara surfed a 99 foot wave yesterday in lisboa, portugal and it's being considered as the largest wave ever surfed in the world...not that is deserving of a free BB10 phone.
    01-29-13 09:09 PM
    If you didn't enter this contest, you don't have the right to criticize the winners.
    01-29-13 09:29 PM
    If you didn't enter this contest, you don't have the right to criticize the winners.
    excuse me?

Then if you did enter people would exclaim that you are a sore loser.

I think Crackberry appreciates feedback on the contests
    Michelle Haag likes this.
    01-29-13 10:24 PM
    I didn't enter, but i feel bad for the people that did.
    01-29-13 10:35 PM
    I've made some comments on Twitter but since this thread is here let me chip in: It's a shame you're not addressing the sexist and non-inclusive nature of this entry. Not a smart move both morally and commercially. Don't get me wrong, I love you guys but this was a dumb move in all possible ways. I know the whole 'you can't please them all' saying and all that but this entry objectifies / alienates half of the human population. Anyway, your site, your decision of course.
    CrackBerry Kevin likes this.
    01-29-13 11:34 PM
    thanks for the post,,, i get it,,, sort of,,, if a reaction is what you were shootin' for,,, BRAVO!!!
    01-30-13 01:06 AM
    I didn't enter, but i feel bad for the people that did.
    Don't. Didn't you read Kevin's post? She was an 11th BONUS winner.Thus she didn't take away from anyone that did enter. I loved the pictures, though a small part of me kinda nagg'd that it sucks that a true BB user would have lost out...Now that we know they didn't. These pictures will be great publicity. They will make their way around the net & they all have CRACKBERRY written on them
    01-30-13 02:01 AM
    Don't. Didn't you read Kevin's post? She was an 11th BONUS winner.Thus she didn't take away from anyone that did enter. I loved the pictures, though a small part of me kinda nagg'd that it sucks that a true BB user would have lost out...Now that we know they didn't. These pictures will be great publicity. They will make their way around the net & they all have CRACKBERRY written on them
    Even as a bonus winner this has no merit. It's like letting me win because I develop apps. Nonsense of course. It's like being a toilet cleaner and getting a prize for cleaning a toilet. IMHO it's an insult to those who really did something crazy to earn a BB phone. If I were to have done the same thing as this 'contestant' I would have gotten nothing even though it's cold as **** here right now, making it a better effort. And in all this I haven't even touched the sexist nature of the entry. Sorry but this entry doesn't deserve the prize more than basically any other random person on the street.
    01-30-13 02:52 AM
    Even as a bonus winner this has no merit. It's like letting me win because I develop apps. Nonsense of course. It's like being a toilet cleaner and getting a prize for cleaning a toilet. IMHO it's an insult to those who really did something crazy to earn a BB phone. If I were to have done the same thing as this 'contestant' I would have gotten nothing even though it's cold as **** here right now, making it a better effort. And in all this I haven't even touched the sexist nature of the entry. Sorry but this entry doesn't deserve the prize more than basically any other random person on the street.
    How crazy can you be in a category called "sexy"? Webcam yourself stripping nude? Strip yourself nude in Times Square? Go into battle in Afghanistan clad only in bikini? Film yourself boning as many people as you can?
    01-30-13 05:58 AM
    Edited because I can't seem to care all that much anymore. It's your site, do what you want.
    Last edited by decypher44; 01-30-13 at 09:05 AM.
    01-30-13 08:53 AM
    These pisture will be great publicity? You think they'll be seen outside oF CB.com? Haha
    01-30-13 08:55 AM
    She made another lie today!

100% BUSTED!!!!!!

(No i dont have anything better to do!!! yes I have too much time!!!! yes its detective work!!!):

Someone confronted her on twitter about the white phone she is using in the self picture on instagram:
    @DebbieStPierre So this isn't your phone in this photo (Photo by stpierre_305_deborah • Instagram), haha?

Here is what she replied:
    @TastesmithHFX yes that would be my blackberry curve in a white case LMAO

Interesting about the phone in the instagram picture is that the camera on the phone is on the RIGHT side of the phone (if the back is facing up on a table.)

The blackberry curve she posted in her alleged curve have their camera on the left side!!!!!!

Its not an iphone either though because I have found they have their camera on the same side as a curve.

So its a totally different device!! Not a BLACKBERRY OR AN IPHONE!! BUT SHE IS CLAIMING ITS HER BLACKBERRY CURVE!!!

She is actively claiming since the scandal was exposed that the device in picture is a curve in a white case, YET THE CAMERA IS NOT ON THE SIDE OF A CURVE!!!!

The shape is much more like a touch screen too.

Her twitter feed on January 30 at 1:19pm is when she says that phone is a curve:
    https://twitter.com/debbiestpierre

And the picture of the phone she claims to be a curve:
    Photo by stpierre_305_deborah • Instagram

and a real curve with camera on the opposite side:
    https://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&s...w=1680&bih=959

The phone she claims to be her curve which has camera on opposite side:

She is not a blackberry user!!!!!!!!! Even for an 11th bonus winner they should at least be a user.

Kevin, surely you can see shes lying? This is not an attempt to undermine the contest...just her! She duped you (and us all). It just still bugs me

heres the screen shot!!!

WWYD for a BB10 Phone Contest Talk-tweet.jpg
    Last edited by Bold_until_Hybrid_Comes; 01-31-13 at 01:48 AM.
    01-31-13 01:38 AM
    Hey there CBK and all the other CBers out there

First thing I want to say is thank you to Kevin for clarifying the issue with me and the rest of the CB nation. I 100% agree you can't please everyone fully!!!
    Second thing I would like to say is yes I am still a little upset about her wining but I'll come to that a little later I want to address a few things first:
    1) The fact that she isn't a BB user and yet she "won" a new BB10 device should not be an issue. There are people in the CB nation that win all the time and the have been here not as long as others or contributed less to the site, but that doesn't mean they are somehow less of a fan. You can't not allow someone on the CB site because they don't own/use a BB so why should a winner be any different.
    2) Why I am upset is that she did something that wasn't extreme. It didn't show her passion for the brand. I feel that a person who wins this contest should be a diehard/hardcore fan of the brand and a strong supporter.
    3) On that note I think people would be less upset if you put her in her own category and not included her in the contest. From my understanding of your article Kevin you asked for for a bikini blackberry photo shoot and as compensation she got a BB10 device. I am aware that you said she was a "bonus" winner and therefor did not take away form the original 10. I get that but a lot of people still see that she is a winner in the contest. In no way am I telling you how to do your job LOL. Just an observation.

As always CBK you and the CB team are doing an excellent job on the site and getting us all the juicy BB information we all crave for. I can't wait for the new site launch to come out and see the fruit of your labor
    01-31-13 05:23 AM
    WOW, ok so let me break this down for you real easily, how to you think she got a picture of her self with someone in the back ground? A MIRROR.....so what does mirrors do, they reverse things. Its backwards, she is facing the mirror sitting down correct? so that would mean she is holding the phone in her LEFT hand correct? so that would mean the camera hole you are seeing is on the LEFT side correct? like the metro pcs curve she owns correct.? Bro please give it a rest she is a BB user and I know this for a fact cause guess what I know her....

She made another lie today!

100% BUSTED!!!!!!

(No i dont have anything better to do!!! yes I have too much time!!!! yes its detective work!!!):

Someone confronted her on twitter about the white phone she is using in the self picture on instagram:
    @DebbieStPierre So this isn't your phone in this photo (Photo by stpierre_305_deborah • Instagram), haha?

Here is what she replied:
    @TastesmithHFX yes that would be my blackberry curve in a white case LMAO

Interesting about the phone in the instagram picture is that the camera on the phone is on the RIGHT side of the phone (if the back is facing up on a table.)

The blackberry curve she posted in her alleged curve have their camera on the left side!!!!!!

Its not an iphone either though because I have found they have their camera on the same side as a curve.

So its a totally different device!! Not a BLACKBERRY OR AN IPHONE!! BUT SHE IS CLAIMING ITS HER BLACKBERRY CURVE!!!

She is actively claiming since the scandal was exposed that the device in picture is a curve in a white case, YET THE CAMERA IS NOT ON THE SIDE OF A CURVE!!!!

The shape is much more like a touch screen too.

Her twitter feed on January 30 at 1:19pm is when she says that phone is a curve:
    https://twitter.com/debbiestpierre

And the picture of the phone she claims to be a curve:

and a real curve with camera on the opposite side:
    https://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&s...w=1680&bih=959

The phone she claims to be her curve which has camera on opposite side:

She is not a blackberry user!!!!!!!!! Even for an 11th bonus winner they should at least be a user.

Kevin, surely you can see shes lying? This is not an attempt to undermine the contest...just her! She duped you (and us all). It just still bugs me

heres the screen shot!!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tweet.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	49.5 KB 
ID:	133283
    Last edited by BBLiv47; 01-31-13 at 08:30 AM.
    01-31-13 08:14 AM
    See Kevin, if you would have made me the bonus winner none of this would have happened.

01-31-13 11:32 AM
    WOW, ok so let me break this down for you real easily, how to you think she got a picture of her self with someone in the back ground? A MIRROR.....so what does mirrors do, they reverse things. Its backwards, she is facing the mirror sitting down correct? so that would mean she is holding the phone in her LEFT hand correct? so that would mean the camera hole you are seeing is on the LEFT side correct? like the metro pcs curve she owns correct.? Bro please give it a rest she is a BB user and I know this for a fact cause guess what I know her....
    Take a took in the mirror (pun) with your phone. I am not wrong.

Its been aparent you ARE her or know her since the start, since you are the one that posted the link to her new picture she instagrammed of "her curve"

ok we are looking at the BACK of the phone and the camera is on the RIGHT side of the back. that cannot be reversed. Stop trying to add false confusion.

Mirrors don't reverse what SIDE things are on in the reflection. Text is backwards etc but not what side something is on. The side doesnt criss-cross.

this girl is not a BB user!!
    Last edited by Bold_until_Hybrid_Comes; 01-31-13 at 04:14 PM.
    01-31-13 03:56 PM
    Please answer what hand she is holding the phone in? no false confusion, just a simple question..

Take a took in the mirror (pun) with your phone. I am not wrong.

Its been aparent you ARE her or know her since the start, since you are the one that posted the link to her new picture she instagrammed of "her curve"

ok we are looking at the BACK of the phone and the camera is on the RIGHT side of the back. that cannot be reversed. Stop trying to add false confusion.

Mirrors don't reverse what SIDE things are on in the reflection. Text is backwards etc but not what side something is on. The side doesnt criss-cross.

this girl is not a BB user!!
    01-31-13 04:16 PM