Serious question... Just realized that iMore requires moderator authorization for new threads... Why the heck doesn't CB do this?

Andy
    03-17-13 10:16 PM
    Cause we are more civil here at CrackBerry? Most of the time anyways

Posted via CB10
    03-17-13 10:24 PM
    Just realized that iMore requires moderator authorization for new threads...
    Uhh.. no they don't. If that happened to you, it was because you got caught in the filter. But, to answer your question anyhow, iMore is significantly smaller and sees very little traffic by comparison. The amount of threads created there in a day are like..... 2 hrs on CB. If that.. Thus why we'd never implement that here.
    03-17-13 10:27 PM
    I think we have ourselves a volunteer.

Hope you're available 24/7 Sic
    03-17-13 10:30 PM
    Uhh.. no they don't. If that happened to you, it was because you got caught in the filter. But, to answer your question anyhow, iMore is significantly smaller and sees very little traffic by comparison. The amount of threads created there in a day are like..... 2 hrs on CB. If that.. Thus why we'd never implement that here.
    Weird, it just happened to me. That's pretty cool that CB has that much more traffic though

I think we have ourselves a volunteer.

Hope you're available 24/7 Sic
    Haha, oops
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    03-17-13 10:39 PM
    We DO get threads that go in to moderation, we deal with that daily. It does not happen to every thread, nor does it happen to every thread at iMore. Filters cause it to happen.
    03-18-13 07:36 AM
    I appreciate the responses. I was more curious than anything. Can someone enlighten me as to what causes a thread to be filtered? Thanks guys
    03-18-13 08:27 AM
    All of the things you'd expect can land a thread to be filtered (or reported)... foul language, trolling, spamming, etc...
    SlcCorrado likes this.
    03-18-13 08:50 AM
    BOOM, CB peeps have more to say than the robot iphone peeps. hmm, wonder why the real reason for more traffic here considering there are more iphone peeps
    03-18-13 08:54 AM
    It's one of those strange mysteries in life... like how the universe was created... or how they get that tasty filling inside the Caramilk bar.
    03-18-13 08:58 AM
    BOOM, CB peeps have more to say than the robot iphone peeps. hmm, wonder why the real reason for more traffic here considering there are more iphone peeps
    I googled around a bit and it seems to have more to do with the fact that iMore is not the biggest apple forum, unlike CB, which is the biggest blackberry forum
    Last edited by SlcCorrado; 03-18-13 at 09:07 AM. Reason: Added quote
    howarmat likes this.
    03-18-13 09:05 AM
    I googled around a bit and it seems to have more to do with the fact that iMore is not the biggest apple forum, unlike CB, which is the biggest blackberry forum
    correct. There are many good iOS forums but no BB site even comes close to that of crackberry. We are and always will be the top BB site
    SlcCorrado likes this.
    03-18-13 11:26 AM
    Wow, youre not kidding... They must be real slow over there because my thread about the z10 is apparently the second most viewed thread in their forum, haha
    03-18-13 07:10 PM
    pretty clear that an attack or troll thread would be removed quickly.
    03-18-13 07:26 PM
    pretty clear that an attack or troll thread would be removed quickly.
    That's why I was surprised that supposedly the filter caught it, because I specifically went over my post multiple times to make sure it wasn't offensive or in bad taste. It was approved almost instantly and the mods even commented on it. Who knows...
    03-18-13 07:50 PM
    I mean for cryin out loud, I posted it from my account and even signed my real name on it! Haha
    03-18-13 07:52 PM
    stuff happens, wouldn't waste another sec worrying about it
    03-19-13 01:52 PM