Just as it says. I'm tired of the same stuff posted by the same people here over and over and over.

I can't enjoy myself nor my purchase here anymore. Seems to have become the #1 source for users and abusers of other devices to trash RIM and their products. I know I don't have to read them or respond but the pop up in every thread.

Thanks
    10-20-11 12:33 PM
    You know, you could always start one and make it a policy to only allow positive comments, information, and requests for information.

Of course in the news and rumors section, you would have to exclude 95% of the articles because of their anti-RIM bias and pro-Apple propaganda. When people ask for information such as where's this feature, or report a bug, or ask about release dates, you may have to delete these posts because are just trolls trying to bring everyone down. Then you'll have a happy little community circle-****.

No thanks, I welcome the differing viewpoints and exchange of ideas. (To be honest, I'm also tired of the repetition as well.)
    K Bear likes this.
    10-20-11 12:42 PM
    Yeah but the problem here occurs that we've been told RIM sucks so much and messes everything up. That even us RIM fans are believing it. When it's alright. Nothing to be so negative about.

So even the RIM fans are posting anti-RIM/BB stuff.

And all of that is getting way too repetitive.
    10-20-11 12:48 PM
    10-20-11 12:50 PM
    No thanks, I welcome the differing viewpoints and exchange of ideas. (To be honest, I'm also tired of the repetition as well.)
    Different view point would be fine, if that's what happened here. Good debates are fun when people have valid points and discuss it like intelligent people.

But we get this:

I love my PB
    RIM sucks you fanboy
    iPad Rules!
    How do you like flash on that iPad?
    RIM sucks, they broke promises.
    Where's 2.0?
    60 days, you liars!
    My PlayBook does everything I need, it's great
    Yeah, does it do e-mail?

You get the point. It's old and tiring and this site is not even enjoyable any more.

Why should CrackBerry care? $$, that's why. If I stop coming to this site, their hit count goes down. You know all that JavaScript that makes this site so slow on tablets? That's what is tracking you. The give this info to advertisers. The less hits = less money.
    10-20-11 12:56 PM
    You know, you could always start one and make it a policy to only allow positive comments, information, and requests for information.

Of course in the news and rumors section, you would have to exclude 95% of the articles because of their anti-RIM bias and pro-Apple propaganda. When people ask for information such as where's this feature, or report a bug, or ask about release dates, you may have to delete these posts because are just trolls trying to bring everyone down. Then you'll have a happy little community circle-****.

See here it starts all ready. Way over the top. I also enjoy viewpoints etc. What I don't enjoy are the ones who constantly have to post the same thing in every thread no matter what the subject is.

Perhaps there is somewhere else where people can share a common thought without it being derailed to RIM SUCKS etc.
    10-20-11 12:56 PM
    kbz1960,
    Just take a break from CrackBerry. It got on my nerves too. Does that to us all from time to time. A break helps tremulously.

Then come back, refreshed, and join in the convo again!

Just my advice and I hope you come back.

Another tip: utilize your ignore list! I never thought I would, but I now have 5 people added. Makes my experience here much more enjoyable, like the old days.
    10-20-11 12:59 PM
    Another tip: utilize your ignore list! I never thought I would, but I now have 5 people added. Makes my experience here much more enjoyable, like the old days.
    Wait, there is an ignore list??!! How do you do that? There are just a couple posters I'd like to ignore. Does that mean I won't even see their posts? That would be awesome.
    10-20-11 01:03 PM
    Wait, there is an ignore list??!! How do you do that? There are just a couple posters I'd like to ignore. Does that mean I won't even see their posts? That would be awesome.
    Unless they get quoted by someone else..then yes.
    10-20-11 02:36 PM
    This website has some nice Blackberry related articles as well.

WWW BEGNOR COM

Take a look, its Free...
    MADBRADNYC likes this.
    10-20-11 03:00 PM
    See here it starts all ready. Way over the top. I also enjoy viewpoints etc. What I don't enjoy are the ones who constantly have to post the same thing in every thread no matter what the subject is.

Perhaps there is somewhere else where people can share a common thought without it being derailed to RIM SUCKS etc.
    10-4. I'm down, for sure. And good timing with your post. In fact, I've been wondering the same thing and literally just yesterday I was perusing other BB sites and BB forums seriously for the first time as I've grown rather tired of so many CB threads quickly collapsing into a flaming argument about which brand/device/app/whatever is best and why RIM and BBs suck. Jeeminy Christmas people, give it up already!! If you like your device, awesome! If I prefer my BlackBerry, awesome!

I also had just minutes ago sent a Mod a PM about how the Trolling and hater posts seem to have come back very aggressively since Kevin's "Cleaning out the trolling trash" post. Damn shame, really.

And, yes, taking a break from CB can help, but I sure wish I didn't have to do that and/or that that wasn't the offered solution. Seems somewhat backwards to me. Why should active, interested contributors who enjoy healthy discussion and info about BB and the industry have to abandon the site periodically to avoid the Trolls, hating, annoyance and arguments?

I've said it previously in another post several months ago, but judging from a lot of the overcharged, hateful threads these days, CrackBerry often seems more like a forum on divisive politics rather than personal electronics. Jeesh. It's sad that the only suggestion for dealing with it is for true, loyal BlackBerry users to leave the site, either temporarily or permanently. It seems like it might be happening for real, though, since I was basically gone from CB for a couple months over the summer and since returning I've noticed that a lot of what used to be frequent posters are totally absent these days. Have they already jumped ship??

Interestingly enough, I was at first surprised but then again not surprised at all to see several familiar screen names on the other BB forums from folks who are also very active here.
    NickA likes this.
    10-20-11 03:35 PM
    kbz1960,
    Just take a break from CrackBerry. It got on my nerves too. Does that to us all from time to time. A break helps tremulously.

Then come back, refreshed, and join in the convo again!

Just my advice and I hope you come back.
    My sentiments exactly! We need good members!

I also notice that out of all the posts, only Chrisy520 and SkateMan1972, were the only members who actually stayed on topic and provided you alternative sites. This is a big thing for me as well. There are always responders who neglect to answer a simple question. There is always an agenda somewhere. I'm not calling anyone out here at all. Just something that annoys me personally.

I like BBOS, PinStack, and BerryReview as there is not that much of this type of negative activity; however, I think that it is just because there are not that many active users posting there. If there were, it would probably be just as bad as it is here.

My 2 cents
    10-20-11 03:46 PM
    10-4. I'm down, for sure. And good timing with your post. In fact, I've been wondering the same thing and literally just yesterday I was perusing other BB sites and BB forums seriously for the first time as I've grown rather tired of so many CB threads quickly collapsing into a flaming argument about which brand/device/app/whatever is best and why RIM and BBs suck. Jeeminy Christmas people, give it up already!! If you like your device, awesome! If I prefer my BlackBerry, awesome!

I also had just minutes ago sent a Mod a PM about how the Trolling and hater posts seem to have come back very aggressively since Kevin's "Cleaning out the trolling trash" post. Damn shame, really.

And, yes, taking a break from CB can help, but I sure wish I didn't have to do that and/or that that wasn't the offered solution. Seems somewhat backwards to me. Why should active, interested contributors who enjoy healthy discussion and info about BB and the industry have to abandon the site periodically to avoid the Trolls, hating, annoyance and arguments?

I've said it previously in another post several months ago, but judging from a lot of the overcharged, hateful threads these days, CrackBerry often seems more like a forum on divisive politics rather than personal electronics. Jeesh. It's sad that the only suggestion for dealing with it is for true, loyal BlackBerry users to leave the site, either temporarily or permanently. It seems like it might be happening for real, though, since I was basically gone from CB for a couple months over the summer and since returning I've noticed that a lot of what used to be frequent posters are totally absent these days. Have they already jumped ship??

Interestingly enough, I was at first surprised but then again not surprised at all to see several familiar screen names on the other BB forums from folks who are also very active here.
    Great post, and you are dead on with your observations. Unfortunately, and I don't know if you meant it in a good or bad way, the same negative posters spread to other sites like a virus. The only thing to combat it is forum moderators who keep things on topic. And that's the key. It's ok to have different thoughts on something, but keep it civil and on topic.

The sad thing is I'm sure some of the negative posters are decent people in real life. But they are like obnoxious fans at a football game once they jump on a forum, behind their keyboard.
    10-20-11 03:46 PM
    It seems like crackberry is the only place for us ( bb users. ) No number 2
    Just take a break, you would do mmore productive things in yourr life

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-20-11 04:02 PM
    Smartphones: PinStack.com use to be a great site for Blackberry users. I use to frequent that site along with BlackBerryForums.com - BlackBerry Support Community Forums back before Crackberry became as big as it is. RIM (Research in Motion)) is another one thats ok. Use to be pretty good back in the day.

I do agree with you, kbz1960 about Crackberry becoming a troll forum. I use to frequent this forum before I signed up. Back then it WAS full of great info and helpful people. The trolling started back when the original iPhone came on seen. Then it really took off with Android. I remember reading back when WebOS first came to on this forum that was going to be the death of RIM. Hear it is now 2011 and RIM still around. I have been using Blackberry for a long time. It is a shame that this great forum USE to be great and is now a troll fest.

Good luck and hopefully you will be back!
    10-20-11 04:15 PM
    Thanks for the suggestions. I think I'm just going to lurk for awhile and keep my fingers still here. I will be lurking on the other links too!
    10-20-11 04:25 PM
  17. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Just as it says. I'm tired of the same stuff posted by the same people here over and over and over.

I can't enjoy myself nor my purchase here anymore. Seems to have become the #1 source for users and abusers of other devices to trash RIM and their products. I know I don't have to read them or respond but the pop up in every thread.

Thanks
    I completely agree!!

a Troll virus has taken over what was once a very useful and productive site....

Mods and people like Kevin should take serious note!!

Professionals and long time Crackberry users like me will no longer use this site or waiste time contributing to it...

It is seriously infested with Trolls!!!
    10-20-11 04:46 PM
    Many of the people in the first "cleansing" were only banned only for a month and they've been ramping back up ever since the bans expired. I really don't understand why these clowns that don't own any Blackberry device hang around just to rag on RIM. A few occasionally provide some value add, but it is rare. I'm fine with owners and people actively using the platform complaining about RIM, in fact I do it myself sometimes, but the Fandroids and iFans just seem like a bunch of religious zealots trying to convert people over to their camps. Take your white shirts, lime green ties and lime green book elsewhere cause I don't give a crap about them and if I did I'll go to a site dedicated to that platform to do my research.
    NickA and grover5 like this.
    10-20-11 06:22 PM
    I completely agree!!

a Troll virus has taken over what was once a very useful and productive site....

Mods and people like Kevin should take serious note!!

Professionals and long time Crackberry users like me will no longer use this site or waiste time contributing to it...

It is seriously infested with Trolls!!!
    Excuse me for this comment because you confused me and this is not a negative comment but you say long time CB use like you?? You joined 2 months ago with 245 posts so how does that make you as long time user here.

I think people like you and your other buddy kbz need to take Chrisy's advice and take a break and come back when you see that all the sites are the same. If you are dead set on doing this and bashing CB.com along the way you can try:

www.blackberryforums.com which is also a very good blog for BB users. Good luck with this quest of you guys.
    Last edited by Jaguarr40; 10-20-11 at 06:52 PM.
    10-20-11 06:40 PM
    Excuse me for this comment because you confused me and this is not a negative comment but you say long time CB use like you?? You joined 2 months ago with 245 posts so how does that make you as long time user here.

I think people like you and your other buddy need to take Chrisy's advice andtake a break and come back when you see that all the sites are the same. If you are dead set on doing this and bashing CB.com along the way you can try:

BlackBerryForums.com - BlackBerry Support Community Forums which is also a verey good blog for BB users. Good luck with this quest of you guys.
    I think he means maybe he's a long time BB user, or maybe he's been visiting this site for a long time as a guest. But, join date and post count mean nothing, it's the the quality of your posts that matter. And the quality of posts on this site has taken a nose dive.

And let's be realistic: if all the people that post good, quality, helpful posts left, then a certain group of negative, trash posters would have nothing to do, and this site would die. They would follow all the good posters to whatever site they joined.

But you speak the truth when you say all sites are the same. There's just no time to sit around and moderate all the threads to make sure they are on topic. Unless it's a vendor supported site, but someone gets paid to do that.
    10-20-11 06:47 PM
    I really don't understand why these clowns that don't own any Blackberry device hang around just to rag on RIM.
    I don't either! I've asked that same questions to posters, and never get an answer. Most of the time they pop into a thread, inject their useless comment, and move on to another thread to infect.
    10-20-11 06:50 PM
    I would just like to say that I in no way was saying that crackberry is a bad place. It's still the best and if not one of the best. And I think the mods do a pretty good job. I just need a break and will be back. I also still think that QNX/BBX is going to be pretty darn exciting when it finally gets rolling. I'm counting on the QNX people not the 2 headed monster.
    Chrisy likes this.
    10-20-11 06:59 PM
    I don't either! I've asked that same questions to posters, and never get an answer. Most of the time they pop into a thread, inject their useless comment, and move on to another thread to infect.
    I answered you.
    10-20-11 07:03 PM
    I think he means maybe he's a long time BB user, or maybe he's been visiting this site for a long time as a guest. But, join date and post count mean nothing, it's the the quality of your posts that matter. And the quality of posts on this site has taken a nose dive.

And let's be realistic: if all the people that post good, quality, helpful posts left, then a certain group of negative, trash posters would have nothing to do, and this site would die. They would follow all the good posters to whatever site they joined.

But you speak the truth when you say all sites are the same. There's just no time to sit around and moderate all the threads to make sure they are on topic. Unless it's a vendor supported site, but someone gets paid to do that.
    I don't dissagree with some of your thoughts in the answer to my post but what is the purpose of all of a sudden in the last 2 days of posts that kbz started yesterday is going to acomplish by blasting RIM or especially CB.com?

The major players(the people who started CB) know what is going on here and more than most think but they and all of the volunteers that try and help out as mods don't get paid for doing what they do which of course to me has nothing to do with anything but they also have their own life.

I think where if anything went south and I am not saying it did to the extent most people think it did is because people join, DO NOT read the Posting guideline and jump right in not knowing where to go or what proper posting etiquitte is.

That is what frustrates people to want to leave which is anyones perrogative but if you are going to leave, Just leave with some class and dignity. No reason to tear things down on the way out the door and this I speak mainly about CB.com not RIM. RIM does not matter to me as much.

I hope most of you posting negative will at least take some of what I am saying into effect and do what you wanto to do, write direct to Kevin about how you feel and then after a break, come back, sorta like buying another platform phone and wanting to go back to a a BB.

I wish all of you luck and hope to see you all back.
    10-20-11 07:05 PM

Thanks
    Very hard to say who is #2,

I was feeling like this, and then decided, I would use the ignore feature, and since using it, I have been liking the website far more.

there are 4 or 5 people who I really was spending too much time being frustrated with now, I am happy to ignore them and move on, some I may not agree with but have not ignored them as I do like some contrasting view points.
    Chrisy and Jaguarr40 like this.
    10-20-11 07:09 PM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD