Warning to Shop.CrackBerry.com customers... potential credit card fraud issues occurring�.somehow�someway�..

Shop.CrackBerry.com is not the culprit, but I am quite certain that Shop.Crackberry.com has a leak of private customer information. I don�t throw out these statements without some kind of confirmation.

In the past 2 years I�ve had my main credit card number stolen and used fraudulently >6 separate times. (Major headache) Each time I review where my card has been used, pick the most likely source of the leak, and move all future charges from that place to a new temporary credit card. Then I wait and see if the temp card gets stolen. After two months, if I don�t see the temp card stolen, I move those charges back to the main card.

Well�.by the above lengthy process (plus some more official methods involving the credit card company itself)� I am very sorry to report (because I love crackberry.com in every sense) that only one month after placing all shop.crackberry.com charges on my temporary charge card that it was stolen and used. I was issued a new card and made sure to only use it for shop.crackberry.com purchases to make sure. One month later the card was stolen and used again.

I have reported this issue to all the right legal places. I report it here not as any slam against Crackberry (some may take it that way, I hope they don�t), because I am a big user/lover of this site and all its features. And any site that is as useful as Crackberry does not deserve what one bad individual may be doing. I just hope that Crackberry has practices in place to find this person and expel them (sack, fire, get rid of, etc).

Again, I�ve done some major work and time tracking this issue and would not say any of the above unless there was concrete evidence backed up by the credit companies data and my proactive actions to find the leak.

Please be wary.

Thanks.
    ajst222 and serendipity_id like this.
    08-08-13 01:58 PM
    Thanks for the warning, I just made a purchase yesterday with my cc and will report back here if I get a new one in the mail citing fraud, it's happened to me several times before but I can't add any insight as to whether those other times were related to CB purchases or not.

This post may be informative if you havent seen it:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/site-ne...visory-836488/
    08-08-13 02:06 PM
    Thanks for the heads up. Looking back.. I now realize that the only time have had CC info stolen was around the same time I had purchased some accessories for my Torch 9800 thru the CB store. Coincidence? Perhaps. But what is also interesting is that there was Air Canada tickets purchased to Winnipeg with the stolen info (and for those who don't know.. CB fearless leader Kevin is from Winnipeg). Not implying anything here..but seriously..why of all places Winnipeg?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    08-08-13 02:35 PM
    Between this and the virus issue it's getting dangerous around here.

Hope they improve their security.

Verizon Z10. Running 10.1.0.4651. Posted via CB10
    08-08-13 02:50 PM
    Happened to me as well. I hope they fix this issue soon!

Posted via CB10
    08-08-13 03:05 PM
    Jeeez... That's why I stick with Amazon. Sorry guys
    08-08-13 03:12 PM
    Let's not jump to conclusions for everyone though. Obviously, the OP did a smart test to double check his assumptions, and it seems to be the case.

I had to change my credit card 4 times in the last two years, none because of physical theft (ATM copy, internet purchase, etc.), and nothing points to CrackBerry because I didn't do an extensive test.

If you get really suspicious, just try to isolate the problem. There is a bunch of sources for fraud or theft today.

And just want to point out that shop.crackberry.com is basically a rebranded store.smartphoneexperts.com, as is ShopAndroid, iMore Store and WPCentral Store. It seems to be based in Florida from their telephone number, not Winnipeg.

Edit: Just found out this post. You should have pointed out that post first OP, which is the clearest proof you can have. :P No offense.

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=836488

Posted via CB10
    08-08-13 03:22 PM
    PayPal only
    BadGoliath42 likes this.
    08-08-13 03:26 PM
    I hope it all gets sorted out I've only ever use PayPal when checking out at cb

Posted from My Z10 via CB10
    08-08-13 03:32 PM
    I had a credit card stolen and used to purchase 400$ of german servers of some sort. Got my money back obviously. Never thought it could be crackberry as I buy things everywhere.

I'm strictly paypal now though

Posted via CB10
    08-08-13 04:02 PM
    The only time my credit card had ever been used fraudulently was one month after a cb.com purchase as well.....hmmm....i'm not going to jump on the finger pointing band wagon but it is curious

Posted via CB10
    08-08-13 04:46 PM
    Whoa...now that I think about it, my card information was stolen and used shortly after I bought a case for my Z10 on CB. I didn't think anything of it since, hey, random stuff happens. But putting it all together (myself, OP, and others who replied to the thread), something is going on.

Posted via CB10
    08-08-13 10:57 PM
    Warning to Shop.CrackBerry.com customers... potential credit card fraud issues occurring�.somehow�someway�..

Shop.CrackBerry.com is not the culprit, but I am quite certain that Shop.Crackberry.com has a leak of private customer information. I don�t throw out these statements without some kind of confirmation.

In the past 2 years I�ve had my main credit card number stolen and used fraudulently >6 separate times. (Major headache) Each time I review where my card has been used, pick the most likely source of the leak, and move all future charges from that place to a new temporary credit card. Then I wait and see if the temp card gets stolen. After two months, if I don�t see the temp card stolen, I move those charges back to the main card.

Well�.by the above lengthy process (plus some more official methods involving the credit card company itself)� I am very sorry to report (because I love crackberry.com in every sense) that only one month after placing all shop.crackberry.com charges on my temporary charge card that it was stolen and used. I was issued a new card and made sure to only use it for shop.crackberry.com purchases to make sure. One month later the card was stolen and used again.

I have reported this issue to all the right legal places. I report it here not as any slam against Crackberry (some may take it that way, I hope they don�t), because I am a big user/lover of this site and all its features. And any site that is as useful as Crackberry does not deserve what one bad individual may be doing. I just hope that Crackberry has practices in place to find this person and expel them (sack, fire, get rid of, etc).

Again, I�ve done some major work and time tracking this issue and would not say any of the above unless there was concrete evidence backed up by the credit companies data and my proactive actions to find the leak.

Please be wary.

Thanks.
    Do you mean "your card details were compromised" when you use the word "stolen". Stolen would mean the card itself is physically picked from your wallet or pocket. Stealing information about and of your card is different. That would definitely mean there is a leak in some place(s) where you may have used or be using your card. If it is physical theft of the card I don't think CrackBerry usage would have anything to do with such "steal".

Posted via CB10
    08-09-13 12:18 AM
    Do you mean "your card details were compromised" when you use the word "stolen". Stolen would mean the card itself is physically picked from your wallet or pocket. Stealing information about and of your card is different. That would definitely mean there is a leak in some place(s) where you may have used or be using your card. If it is physical theft of the card I don't think CrackBerry usage would have anything to do with such "steal".

Posted via CB10
    Really????

Posted via CB10
    Rickroller likes this.
    08-09-13 12:38 AM

Posted via CB10

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    08-09-13 01:00 AM
    My card was recently compromised as well...i've made 2 purchases from shop crackerry in the last couple months. Hopefully this gets taken care of in a timely manner.

Posted via Z10
    08-09-13 01:02 AM
    There has been a similar thread just a few weeks ago regarding this issue and Kris has escalated it.... Now I'm curious what has happened......

Posted via CB10
    08-09-13 01:03 AM
    Happened here before as well.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-13 01:41 AM
    I was just about to make a lot of purchases.

Can B1aze or someone let us know if this is being looked at? Otherwise I will unfortunately have to buy elsewhere.

My Tech-Fleet: Q10; Z10; PlayBook; Surface Pro; Xbox 360; HP TouchPad; iPod Touch 5
    08-09-13 03:32 AM
    Thanks for the alert. A store advisory was communicated earlier this week (see the below thread), please keep the conversation going there:

http://forums.crackberry.com/site-ne...visory-836488/
    08-09-13 06:11 AM