Greetings all!

We're proud to announce that we are officially launching the WAP version of the CrackBerry Forums.

You can view them NOW at http://wapforums.crackberry.com

Please let me know if you encounter ANY trouble with these new forums as I'm sure there will be some 'kinks' to work out.

Check them out on your 'Berry, and enjoy the new access to our forums wherever you may be!
    04-16-07 02:54 PM
    Checking it out now..Thanks for another great addition!

Last edited by tmag2005; 04-16-07 at 03:04 PM. Reason: OK, had a quick check and it wicked so far. Just great for on the move
    04-16-07 03:02 PM
    Nothing like CrackBerry from anywhere!

Ps: posted wirelessly
    04-16-07 03:20 PM
    Been waiting on this.
    04-16-07 04:07 PM
    This just helps feed the addiction! Thanks for continuing to make this site great!
    04-16-07 04:29 PM
    Thank god. Now I can get my addiction everywhere.
    04-16-07 05:37 PM
    Posting from the wap site. Not bad! I think the change back to default style should maybe be at the bottom of the page rather than the top. Maybe the same with the logout button. Don't need to be scrolling past those links on every page viewed.
    04-18-07 10:35 PM
    Agreed. Also, when we post on the WAP forum will there be a tag line "posted wirelessly or on WAP"...something like that. I always find it helpful to know -

Posting from the wap site. Not bad! I think the change back to default style should maybe be at the bottom of the page rather than the top. Maybe the same with the logout button. Don't need to be scrolling past those links on every page viewed.
    04-19-07 12:10 AM
    This is what I had been waiting for!

Thanks!
    04-20-07 09:16 PM
    Whilst it's handy to be able to create, read and reply to threads wirelessly (particularly if you don't own or have regular access to a computer, like me), the mobile site is pretty ugly to look at...

Also, it often difficult to distinguish between posts because of the way they're laid out (maybe we could get a space or a line added between posts?), and reporting/quoting a post is near impossible!

Avatars, whilst not completely neccessary, would be a nice addition to the mobile forums (though it would probably be a good idea to have the option to turn these off)...

I love the downloadable short-cut though, it's the only way I access the mobile version of CrackBerry.com in fact.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-02-08 03:44 AM
    Oh yeah I forgot, when I reply to a thread, it doesn't push the message to the top of the mobile forum like it does on the computer version...

This definately needs to be changed as it makes it harder to track which threads one has or hasn't read and/or replied to.

03-02-08 03:47 AM
    Have some wapforum improvements planned...stay tuned. Probably a few weeks off, but just so you know it's on the radar and these suggestions are being taken into account. Thanks!
    03-10-08 07:07 PM
    I love the WAP site and am happy to hear that improvements are in the works. I agree that spaces between posts would be nice as it can get quite conveluted. Also I notice that when I get an email that someone has posted to a thread I'm subscribed to that it isn't live on the WAP site for 20 minutes maybe (I'm guessing the time but there is quite a delay). I've also noticed that there doesn't seem to be an easy way to bring up all my subscribed threads on the wap site.

I do love that when I click on a link to a thread that's in an email notification I received on my berry that it knows to take me to the WAP site and not the regular site.

Keep up the good work!
    03-12-08 02:15 AM
    Yeah, the WAP delay in posts showing is a real pain...

There should also be the option to subscribe/un-subscribe from threads on the WAP version, like other forums.

03-13-08 01:56 AM
    Looking forward to some enhancements. I'd like to be able to mark forums as Read while in WAP mode.

I seem to need to do a refresh of pages in WAP mode to see updates. If I don't, the page seems to stay cached.

Posting in WAP mode though using my id doesn't seem to tell the system that I've viewed it. It shows as a new update to a thread as it's bold. Shouldn't it know I'm the last person and the thread is "read"?

And not related just to the WAP view of the forums it would be great if we could select 1 or more forums as favorites and when we view all New Posts vs all posts on the site. As a simple example, I'd like the 8130 forum, the GPS forum and the Announcements forum to be used to show what's new/updated.
    03-20-08 06:30 PM
    Yeah, I get sick of the read-->refresh, post-->refresh, read-->refresh thing... I almost seem to be doing more refreshing than reading these days!

I don't understand it - all of the other forums I've used show my posts and update automatically, yet CrackBerry.com's forums NEVER show my posts or update (with the read/un-read status) until I hit refresh, which I need to do EVERY time on EVERY page (with regards to the latter, even then it only works sometimes)!

Sooo, I'd like to see...
    * Ability to subscribe/un-subscribe from threads.
    * No need to refresh every page I load, or every time I reply to a thread or return to the thread list...
    * No delay with updates being shown on the "mobile" site.
    * Re-worked search engine - searching on the "mobile" site rarely yields relevant results for me; also, I am often seeing threads later on that a previous search should have picked up with my search term, but didn't; in some cases, my search term was EXACTLY the same as the title or a phrase in the thread, yet the "keyword" search didn't pickup this thread... I even had times where the search results are either only loosely related to my search term, or completely unrelated.
    * Image support, even if the initial image is only a smaller version.
    * Optional avatar support.
    * Ability to sign-up to the CrackBerry.com newsletter - I can't seem to sign-up from the "mobile" site!

03-20-08 11:29 PM
    Yeah I hear you about the refresh thing. Also would like to have the ability to see what kind of berry that people are using to help on answering questions.

03-20-08 11:35 PM
    That's a REALLY good sugestion - I second being able to see what device people are primarily using, on both versions of the forums if that's not already the case...

03-22-08 03:02 AM
    I second being able to see what device people are primarily using, on both versions of the forums if that's not already the case...
    You can see the individual's device in the full forum view as shown for your info:

03-22-08 06:56 AM
    I think what Garz is asking is to have it show what wireless device you posted the particular post from when using your Berry @ the wap forums.

That was probably confusing so here's an example. On Howardforums.com whenever I post using their wap site it shows this above my post in a small font:

Wirelessly posted (BB Pearl 8130: BlackBerry8130/4.3.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/126)

Sort of like on Crackberry when you post on the wap site it shows "Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com" at the bottom.
    03-22-08 11:01 AM
    I'd like shortcut icon of cb on my ribbon

04-24-08 07:07 AM
    What do you mean on your ribbon? As I posted in your other post, you can install the launcher from the wap.crackberry.com site, from your Blackberry...
    04-24-08 07:13 AM
    I got it thanx
    04-24-08 07:30 AM
    I agree with the comments about being at least able to see either the device someone posted with, or at least the device listed in their profile (like in the full forums). It would also be nice to see a time/date stamp (like pinstack)for posts so you know how relevant they might be. Otherwise, WAP forums rock!
    04-24-08 10:03 AM
    Wap.howardforums.com has a great mobile site with most of these things that we would all like to see here.

04-25-08 01:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD