I'm seeing several threads getting moved to other forums. While I understand why there are being moved, I think for the sake of simplicity, it'd be good to have the Forum Structure similar to that of the Storm Forums. Have sub-forums for things such as 3rd party apps, and OS discussion and owners to show off their new BB.

i understand that there is a lot of boards to handle as it is, but i would be willing to help out in anyway needed to have this work. i just feel having one centralized location for all information Tour, would make the overall searching for information easier, than having to locate a thread in a forum that encompasses a wide range of devices.

Thanks.
    07-14-09 10:10 AM
    the threads that are getting moved either, have nothing to do with the tour (i have seen a few storm ?'s in here by mistake) or there is already a seperate section for what ever the topic was....they may in fact make the sub forum in here too, who knows. i'd say it would be a good idea for every phone section to have those. keeps it organized.
    07-14-09 10:36 AM
    while yes there are some posts like that, but there are some i've seen moved which are about how an app works on the TOUR, not a general app question working on a BB. its specific to the tour. so in my opinion its more of a tour app question than a general app question.
    07-14-09 12:06 PM
    Okay I will bite......

With any release of a new device the Device section gets a lot of threads with a lot of question about the device, applications, cases, OS problems, or just general operation of the device.

We have subsections for whatever you need. Wallpapers, themes, 3rd party applications, GPS applications, accessories, etc......

You have to have some type or organization on the Forums... If not it will get ugly and fast....... But as for the Tour section in general, most applications, if not compatible, they soon will be. But you compared the applications and subsections to the Storm section.

This is not the same.

The Storm has a completely different OS (Touch Screen) which is why you have a 3rd party application section and there are specific apps released to work for the Storm and its features. You also have a specific OS discussion section which is specific to the Storm. You also have to remember with a lot of issues and upset consumers with the Storm upon its release and still to this day, you have the Rants and Raves section..... And you also have the Lounge, why? Because the Storm was more of a consumer smartphone, young and old. They have a place to hang out and discuss those ever wanting leaks...

User also have to remember when creating a thread, to
    use very descriptive titles. as that will keep things most organized and useful no matter where the treads are (makes search work better) and makes it easier for people to locate things. Some users say the search does not work. Sometimes this is the case with what the person is looking for. Why because users are making it this way.....

With all that said... The sub-sections are in place and always have been.

Will this change? It will definitely be looked at, but at this time all users have to follow the forum layout.
    07-14-09 06:30 PM
    Moved to Site questions........
    07-15-09 07:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD