Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 11 of 11
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Kevin Michaluk
  • 1 Post By jeffh
  1. sleepngbear's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    9,127 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,154 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

    Default Thread font is still making my retinas bleed!

    Hey yo Kevin, when the **** are you gonna change this hideous thread font like you promised months ago?? Not to mention the forum titles for the vision-impaired in the main page? Do we really have to wait for you to cut your hair first? Please ... this is still just awful.

    Thank you.
  2. jeffh's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    15,140 Posts
    Global Posts
    15,151 Global Posts
    #2  

    Default

    I thought the problem was my display and played with the ClearType adjustments. The page is too white and the fonts too faint and there doesn't seem to be any adjustment I can make to fix it.
  3. Kevin Michaluk's Avatar
    CrackBerry Founder

    Posts
    3,441 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,763 Global Posts
    PIN
    It's complicated...
    #3  

    Default

    Dudes.. read my editorials... CrackBerry redesign is just a couple weeks away... we'll be updating the entire site at that point. Will be changing up the forum fonts, etc. to match what's happening everywhere else.

    Deal with it for a little longer, ok? Soo much to do.. doesn't make sense to spend time fixing this for a short period when there's so much more coming shortly.

    Thx for the patience!
    Plazmic Flame likes this.
  4. SlcCorrado's Avatar
    BlackBerry

    Posts
    7,095 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,148 Global Posts
    #4  

    Default

    I must be missing it... Looks fine to me
  5. jeffh's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    15,140 Posts
    Global Posts
    15,151 Global Posts
    #5  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Michaluk View Post
    Dudes.. read my editorials... CrackBerry redesign is just a couple weeks away... we'll be updating the entire site at that point. Will be changing up the forum fonts, etc. to match what's happening everywhere else.

    Deal with it for a little longer, ok? Soo much to do.. doesn't make sense to spend time fixing this for a short period when there's so much more coming shortly.

    Thx for the patience!
    Thanks for the feedback. I missed that editorial. I'm glad to know the way it is isn't the way it will be.
    kbz1960 likes this.
  6. sleepngbear's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    9,127 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,154 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Michaluk View Post
    Dudes.. read my editorials... CrackBerry redesign is just a couple weeks away... we'll be updating the entire site at that point. Will be changing up the forum fonts, etc. to match what's happening everywhere else.

    Deal with it for a little longer, ok? Soo much to do.. doesn't make sense to spend time fixing this for a short period when there's so much more coming shortly.

    Thx for the patience!
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffh View Post
    Thanks for the feedback. I missed that editorial. I'm glad to know the way it is isn't the way it will be.
    Yeah, I didn't see that editorial either. But if changes are coming soon, I can be patient a little longer ...
  7. #7  

    Default

    Hey guys,

    Was just reading through this thread again... and seeing as you all missed Kevin's editorials on this matter... would it be a good thing if we stickied/announced important blog content at the top of the forums? Seems to me if we're all on the same page on stuff like this, we'll all be better off.

    Just a random thought, let me know
  8. jeffh's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    15,140 Posts
    Global Posts
    15,151 Global Posts
    #8  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by James Falconer View Post
    ... and seeing as you all missed Kevin's editorials on this matter... would it be a good thing if we stickied/announced important blog content at the top of the forums? Seems to me if we're all on the same page on stuff like this, we'll all be better off.
    There's already a lot of content at the top of the blog, about half a screen full at my display size and resolution.

    Thread font is still making my retinas bleed!-blog-snip.jpg

    Sticking important announcement and blog content would make the top even bigger. Of course, the proposed redesign may change all that anyway. In the meantime, you could just edit Kevin's response to include a link to his editorial. That would be sufficient. I don't log on every day and don't read the blogs every time I log on, so it's my own fault for not knowing what's going on.
  9. sleepngbear's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    9,127 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,154 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by James Falconer View Post
    Hey guys,

    Was just reading through this thread again... and seeing as you all missed Kevin's editorials on this matter... would it be a good thing if we stickied/announced important blog content at the top of the forums? Seems to me if we're all on the same page on stuff like this, we'll all be better off.

    Just a random thought, let me know
    As Jeff said, the top of the page is already pretty cluttered ... but I think a sticky in this forum with these kinds of updates would definitely be hugely helpful.

    I might suggest that you leave it open to Admins only (or keep it closed except for when you guys have updates) -- don't want to make it another outlet for malcontents like me to come do more of that sniping, grussling and grousing.
  10. urbanguy's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    213 Posts
    #10  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sleepngbear View Post
    Hey yo Kevin, when the **** are you gonna change this hideous thread font like you promised months ago?? Not to mention the forum titles for the vision-impaired in the main page? Do we really have to wait for you to cut your hair first? Please ... this is still just awful.

    Thank you.
    It's so awful that somebody like me, who used to be a frequent visitor and poster, now stays away. The defaults are just awful and the fact that there isn't any way to adjust the look is frustrating. I'll come back in a few weeks and see if it's any better.
  11. #11  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by urbanguy View Post
    It's so awful that somebody like me, who used to be a frequent visitor and poster, now stays away. The defaults are just awful and the fact that there isn't any way to adjust the look is frustrating. I'll come back in a few weeks and see if it's any better.
    If you have any suggestions on how we can make things better here... shoot me a note at james@mobilenations.com. Would love to have you back as a regular poster!

Similar Threads

  1. Beta leak is still present on .69 for me...could it be my apps?
    By shorynot in forum Legacy Leaked/Beta OS
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 08-04-08, 03:10 PM
  2. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-25-08, 06:27 AM
  3. My Phones' Loud Volume Setting Is Still To Quiet
    By a10ciod in forum BlackBerry Pearl 81xx
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-09-08, 11:36 AM
  4. Addicted and my BB is still in the mail!
    By JackBMo in forum Introductions
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 03-16-08, 06:03 AM
  5. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-29-07, 09:19 PM

Posting Permissions