FWIW we gave everyone the chance to offer their services for the blogs, even Indonesian writers. Anyone who wants to contribute in that manner can always reach out to us, it's not like we're opposed to new writers
    pkcable likes this.
    05-23-14 07:46 PM
    FWIW we gave everyone the chance to offer their services for the blogs, even Indonesian writers. Anyone who wants to contribute in that manner can always reach out to us, it's not like we're opposed to new writers

Which is fine, but I think that's backwards. CB should have been putting out the call for people to cover that event. Because I'm pretty sure you'd get a few interested parties, and it would be way cheaper than paying for international airline tickets, a hotel stay, and getting a person a passport and so on.

Chen was there and (from what I can tell) speaking in English the whole time.

There would seem to be 2 main challenges: finding someone who doesn't have other responsibilities (ie work) that make it hard to take the time, and finding someone who has the ability and equipment to shoot video. Because personally I would have loved it if they would have visited a few retailers in the area and interviewed a few people.

I can think of a few CB'ers that I'd nominate.
    05-23-14 10:22 PM
    Yeah I agree this event should have been covered by CB.
    05-24-14 04:32 AM
28 12