I am ranked a newbie, you a genius or user...how do these rankings work? is there a place I can read about them?
    02-28-09 06:15 PM
    CrackBerry Newbie: 0 posts
    CrackBerry User: 10 posts
    CrackBerry Abuser: 100 posts
    CrackBerry Addict: 500 posts
    CrackBerry Master: 1000 posts
    CrackBerry Genius: 1500 posts
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses: 5000 posts

Post in the Crackberry Cafe (Social Forums)
    do not increase ones post count.
    02-28-09 06:17 PM
    There should be one for you ag blackberry guru ... Lollol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-28-09 06:20 PM
    a guru rank would be pretty cool
    02-28-09 08:02 PM
    well once you get 5k you can choose what you want it to say.
    02-28-09 08:19 PM
    How do you become a moderator then?
    02-21-10 03:24 PM
    haha funny that you ask how to become a moderator and your username is asianmafia1121
    02-21-10 03:36 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f19/bec...erator-270215/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-21-10 03:38 PM
    Thanks for the info. I was wondering why I started out as a newbie. What I dont understand is what does how many posts you post have to do with how well you know blackberries????? I can continue to comment saying whatever accurate or inaccurate about blackberries and become a master just because I posted over 1,000 posts,but it doesnt mean much.

a guru rank would be pretty cool
    This would be cool,but better stil would be god ranking. Either 10,000 or 15,000 posts. lol
    04-01-10 02:40 PM
    Thanks for the info. I was wondering why I started out as a newbie. What I dont understand is what does how many posts you post have to do with how well you know blackberries????? I can continue to comment saying whatever accurate or inaccurate about blackberries and become a master just because I posted over 1,000 posts,but it doesnt mean much.
    It's Crackberry Newbie, Crackberry User, etc, so it's a forum thing, not a Blackberry thing. It has nothing to do with a person's technical aptitude, or lack thereof, just a measure of how many posts a particular member has posted in forums where posts count towards post counts. Any attempt to read into the post count derived labels any sort of quality connotation is fundamentally flawed, based on false assumptions.

a couple hundred more and I'll be a CB Master, all that will really mean is that I will have mastered how to post here
    04-01-10 03:40 PM

a couple hundred more and I'll be a CB Master, all that will really mean is that I will have mastered how to post here
    Nice! lol Great post!
    04-01-10 06:02 PM
    It's Crackberry Newbie, Crackberry User, etc, so it's a forum thing, not a Blackberry thing. It has nothing to do with a person's technical aptitude, or lack thereof, just a measure of how many posts a particular member has posted in forums where posts count towards post counts. Any attempt to read into the post count derived labels any sort of quality connotation is fundamentally flawed, based on false assumptions.

Sounds good to me. What it also means I think that since someone has posted so many posts over the next person then they might as well know more about blackberries or any other phone. So, in a sense having a 1,000 posts or more and being called a cb master is justifiable to some degree. For example, a newbie asking how to upgrade or downgrade an OS on their blackberry and a cb master knowing exactly what to do without refering to instructions and knowing of any roadstops or other issues to remedy. So, I give credit and thanks to the real cb masters etc...
    04-01-10 07:29 PM
    You have to look at the content of the posts. Dismissing someone's input because he or she has only n posts is short-sighted. If the lead developer at RIM joined CrackBerry, he or she would start with 0 posts. On the other hand, we have members who have posted "Welcome to CrackBerry" over 1 000 times. Nothing wrong with that; we do welcome new members. But it illustrates the weakness of relying on post counts to infer technical expertise.
    04-01-10 07:49 PM
    Oh ok, thank you. Thank makes even more sense.
    04-01-10 07:52 PM
    When do you get to "GOD LIKE!"?
    04-02-10 06:42 PM
    When do you get to "GOD LIKE!"?
    Lol. Are you kidding? Give me your S2 now. lol. It was just a joke. No such ranking on cb. And if there was, like the moderator said it wouldnt mean much but a name with how many times someone posted. But for fun sake, lets say its someone who has had each blackberry from the first one made and knows absolutely everything about blackberries. lol
    04-02-10 07:22 PM
    Or UNSTOPPABLE!!!

Or MAMAMAMAMMMMMONSTER KILL!!!
    04-02-10 08:21 PM
    Lol. Are you kidding? Give me your S2 now. lol. It was just a joke. No such ranking on cb. And if there was, like the moderator said it wouldnt mean much but a name with how many times someone posted. But for fun sake, lets say its someone who has had each blackberry from the first one made and knows absolutely everything about blackberries. lol
    FFS MAN!!! you give me your BB lol! I was adding onto your joke... ROFL!!

Dude, there has to be someone out there like that.. I would shake their hand...
    04-02-10 08:24 PM

Having seen your posts around here I can verify you know CB AND BBs pretty damn good already.
    04-02-10 09:39 PM
    Yup, I agree. He sure does!!! lol. Its good to know people who actually know stuff about blackberries.
    04-03-10 12:06 AM
    post counts mean nothing lol
    04-20-10 08:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD