Can you tell us how the voting will work? After the first round is over, will we vote for one person, or will we be ranking all of the contestants, or will it be something in between?
    Last edited by ttfmaep; 07-02-10 at 10:40 AM. Reason: fixed typo
    07-02-10 08:18 AM
    Moving to Site Questions and I will try to get you an answer.
    07-02-10 09:07 AM
    Hey **,

The voting for Round 1 will happen after all of the app reviews have hit the blogs (end of next week). The initial thought was do do a cast one vote for your favorite, though I do actually think a rank order system would be great. We just need to find a way to implement that. So it's a little up in the air still, but should have it figured out soon.

Stay tuned. Thanks for the interest. I'm sooo impressed with the entries. Wish everyone could win!
    07-02-10 09:50 AM
    Just did some checking into this... so what we're going to do is a PollDaddy Poll, and we'll allow you to cast 10 votes on the one poll. So we'll list all 24 reviewers, and you'll be able to select your own top ten. The ten with the most votes when all said and done will move on.

PollDaddy has proven to be pretty good for us in the past. It does a good job of tracking IPs, etc., so it's easy to tell if anybody is trying to be fraudulent with their voting and. To be extra safe we'll probably take the extra initiative of only allowing one vote per IP (vs. blocking multiple votes by cookie).
    07-03-10 05:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD