An idea:

The ability for an original poster, OP, to close their own thread. I've had threads just get completely derailed or spin off into personal arguments.

I'm sure this has probably been proposed in the past, so sorry if I'm repeating someone else's suggestion.

I personally use the cb10 app.

Thoughts?
    04-13-17 07:45 PM
    I'll refer it to James Falconer, our Community Manager.

Changes like this we'd want to implement potentially across all of our Mobile Nations forums.

It also kind of goes along the lines of our Q&A threads and being able to answer your question as answered.
    xandros9 and andy957 like this.
    04-13-17 08:03 PM
    The ability to close threads should remain with moderators. Otherwise, everyone will be closing threads just because they didnt agree with someone elses opinion.

Blackberry Passport and Blue Classic
    04-13-17 08:13 PM
    The ability for an original poster, OP, to close their own thread. I've had threads just get completely derailed or spin off into personal arguments.
    If you create a thread and feel it's going off the rails, always feel free to use the "report" function to alert the moderators and let us know what's going on. The first available moderator will address the problem.
    04-13-17 09:51 PM
    Just because you start a thread in a public forum does not make you the thread owner it makes you the OP. I could support letting the owner designate a post as the answer to the original question. I totally oppose the idea of letting OPs close threads, the power to close threads should be left to the moderators.
    donnation and FF22 like this.
    04-13-17 11:37 PM
    Is forum posting really THAT serious? I mean c'mon, we're all big boys and girls here... If you don't like the replies or if it spins out of control simply abandon ship... You don't have to keep reading it... Just go about your day whilst the others play... Or I suppose one could summon the moderator as suggested in a prior comment, but quite frankly I value the thoughts and opinions of others and find the antics often humorous... If replies in a forum seriously cause that amount of stress then perhaps a forum detox is necessary? Surely this option would prove to be far better serving than deleting the post entirely... Posting on a public forum is pretty much just that... Once the flood gates open, they are open... When one chooses to create a topic it's kind of an 'implied consent' that their thread quite possibly could be heavily tr0lled at any given time... It is the interwebz after all... 😱
    Last edited by CivilDissident; 04-14-17 at 02:59 AM.
    donnation likes this.
    04-13-17 11:53 PM
    It also kind of goes along the lines of our Q&A threads and being able to answer your question as answered.
    Now this, on the other hand, would be practical as well as helpful. It would serve as quick way to locate a thread that presents an issue one may be experiencing and then allow that user to seek out a thread or two that were marked as 'Answered'... DIY troubleshooting as well as basic knowledge development now characterized in a well-organized way...
    Last edited by CivilDissident; 04-14-17 at 03:04 AM.
    04-14-17 12:04 AM
    @d987654321 - thanks for posting, and thanks for the suggestion!

Truth be told, we've actually tried allowing the OP to close his or her thread at their discretion in the past. While it WAS effective in some cases, we noticed a lot of discussions were closed/shut down by the OP when they shouldn't have been. We're all about encouraging discussion around here, so we felt it was a bad move.

As @Ecm noted above, if you notice things getting a little heated or crazy in a thread, best thing you can do is report it to our amazing moderator team. They'll handle it quickly and efficiently, no questions asked.

Here's the report icon to click/tap Proposal for Kevin and Bla1ze...-report.png use it and we will take care of the rest!!

Thanks again for the suggestion and for being a part of our community!
    eshropshire, FF22 and Ecm like this.
    04-14-17 10:02 AM
    File this away with all the "safe space" ideas.
    donnation and DrBoomBotz like this.
    04-14-17 10:24 AM
    Is forum posting really THAT serious? I mean c'mon, we're all big boys and girls here... If you don't like the replies or if it spins out of control simply abandon ship... You don't have to keep reading it... Just go about your day whilst the others play... Or I suppose one could summon the moderator as suggested in a prior comment, but quite frankly I value the thoughts and opinions of others and find the antics often humorous... If replies in a forum seriously cause that amount of stress then perhaps a forum detox is necessary? Surely this option would prove to be far better serving than deleting the post entirely... Posting on a public forum is pretty much just that... Once the flood gates open, they are open... When one chooses to create a topic it's kind of an 'implied consent' that their thread quite possibly could be heavily tr0lled at any given time... It is the interwebz after all... ������
    This. If you post something and don't like what you get in response and it bothers you so much that you want the thread closed then you really shouldn't be posting in the first place.

I really hate this idea OP. Its like "Well I don't like what you said so I'm quittting and going home." Man up and deal with the comments as they come. Threads getting derailed is just life when you post things in online forums.
    DrBoomBotz likes this.
    04-14-17 04:37 PM
    An idea:

I'm sure this has probably been proposed in the past, so sorry if I'm repeating someone else's suggestion.

I personally use the cb10 app.

Thoughts?
    What joy would be left in being a Mod if they can't be the only ones who close threads? Geez what's next...giving members the power to ban each other? Lol.
    04-14-17 09:00 PM
    I bet the OP would love to close this thread

Posted via CB10
    DrBoomBotz and FF22 like this.
    04-14-17 11:56 PM
    What joy would be left in being a Mod if they can't be the only ones who close threads? Geez what's next...giving members the power to ban each other? Lol.
    That could be quite fun for a day or two...
    04-15-17 02:42 PM
    I bet the OP would love to close this thread

Posted via CB10
    After getting a flat tire on the way to a walk, I needed your answer to boost my spirits. Thanks for the chuckle!
    04-15-17 02:48 PM
    After getting a flat tire on the way to a walk, I needed your answer to boost my spirits. Thanks for the chuckle!
    Looks like you started your walk a bit sooner than you expected.
    FF22 likes this.
    04-15-17 08:06 PM
    Looks like you started your walk a bit sooner than you expected.
    Just a small screw (job) which was patched for free. I need the car for a hike tomorrow, if all goes well and the damp weather does not come in sooner than expected.
    04-15-17 09:01 PM
    Just a small screw (job) which was patched for free. I need the car for a hike tomorrow, if all goes well and the damp weather does not come in sooner than expected.
    Too bad. Sometimes a long screw does the job when a small screw comes up short.
    04-15-17 09:26 PM
    Too bad. Sometimes a long screw does the job when a small screw comes up short.
    TWSS
    Carjackd likes this.
    04-15-17 09:33 PM
    TWSS
    That set up couldn't have been easier
    04-15-17 10:17 PM