Mac OS X, Chrome 38.0.2125.122, although I've been having this problem for a while. Characters overlap making it hard/impossible to actually post / write replies from CrackBerry Website itself. Seems to work fine from other browsers. Screenshot attached.Overlapping, jumbled letters when composing forum posts in Chrome-jumbled-cb-reply-body.jpg
    11-24-14 09:28 AM
    Now that's a doozy. Thanks for reporting.

Do you have any more details on Chrome version #?... we need to be able to reproduce... have been trying here, unsuccessfully.
    11-24-14 09:32 AM
    Not sure what there is about that other than 38.0.2125.122 - but attached are some screenshots of it. Tell me what else would be useful.

Overlapping, jumbled letters when composing forum posts in Chrome-about.jpg
    11-24-14 09:38 AM
    Figured it out - seems to be caused by the "Grammerly" chrome extention - https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...bkghlhen?hl=en - that's worked with every other site I use, but I installed "Extensions Manager (aka Switcher)" which lets me quickly turn it off just for CB. Still would be nice if I didn't have to do that :-)
    pkcable likes this.
    11-24-14 09:42 AM
    Interesting... I'll let the tech team know. Always tough when outside plugins and extensions effect things!
    11-25-14 09:49 AM
    Yeah I should also bug them... is your edit interface totally custom or based on some open source project?

Posted via CB10
    11-25-14 10:13 AM
    11-26-14 09:26 AM
    Which one / version? Probably more likely to get them to fix something if I can say something like "TinyMCE x.y.z" than "What Mobile Nations uses" :-)
    11-26-14 12:26 PM
    Believe it's ckeditor. I'll have them install Grammerly and then play around with the editor to see if they can recreate the problem. If we can recreate it, we can fix!
    11-27-14 08:42 AM
    Thanks! Do you want to bug Grammerly, or should I? I was thinking of doing so via Twitter or something. But would probably mean more coming from site admins for a big site who could actually talk tech authoritatively.

Also, anyone reading this should give Grammerly a try - whenever I can use it, I feel like I'm gaining several IQ points as perceived by readers (more important with my boss than here :-)
    12-01-14 10:49 AM
    Feel free to bug them if you like, but I've added to our tech team's list of 'to do's'... so hopefully they will find a solution!
    12-02-14 09:42 AM
    @djbclark Thanks a lot for reporting! Grammerly looks great... does it stop people using the words 'nice', 'curated' and 'epic' too ?

vB 4 uses CKEditor 3.6.6 rev 7689, we upgrades from the distributed package a while back but now have a ceiling. We can't yet move to the 4x branch because that's not happy with vB and not happy at all with some flavors of IE that we have to support. We had made to some changes to support IE < 10 and IE Mobile users but I don't think those changes would affect you here (they were mainly in how the plugin was loaded).

What's the behavior if you select full edit mode/advanced or semi full mode? I can't remember the different visitor side mode available...
    12-02-14 11:11 AM
    BTW to anyone reading this in the future... somehow before I missed that you can just click on the Grammerly icon to automatically turn it off on a per-site basis.
    12-10-14 07:30 PM