Starting this morning, I have been periodically receiving Emails from various members of Crackberry. The emails are from members who have quoted my posts.

I really don't need email confirmation or notice as I find logging in and checking on who quoted me more than sufficient.

I don't think it is anything I'm doing on my end and may be a setting that those users have in either Tapatalk or the CB app or CB Forum app.

But if there is some setting that I need to tweak, I'd appreciate knowing what it is and where to find it.

Here's an example in this screen shot. I don't mean to single out that user. I received probably a dozen or so today and would like to stop it.

Now getting MY QUOTED threads as Email replies from Tapatalk or CB app-tapatalk.jpg
    11-09-16 11:13 PM
    I'm moving this to the Site Feedback forum, since I'm not sure if an app is involved.

I have almost no experience with the apps -- I use the browser, desktop mode only. Just to be on the safe side, F2, I'd suggest checking one setting via desktop browser. At the page header at top left, go to the Settings drop-down beside your avatar and select General Settings. Scroll way down, and under Miscellaneous Options endure that Quote Notification is set to "No". That may do the trick.

Let us know if that helps.
    FF22 likes this.
    11-10-16 06:32 AM
    I'm moving this to the Site Feedback forum, since I'm not sure if an app is involved.

I have almost no experience with the apps -- I use the browser, desktop mode only. Just to be on the safe side, F2, I'd suggest checking one setting via desktop browser. At the page header at top left, go to the Settings drop-down beside your avatar and select General Settings. Scroll way down, and under Miscellaneous Options endure that Quote Notification is set to "No". That may do the trick.

Let us know if that helps.
    Thanks for getting back to me quickly. It was already set to NO. But I reset it to email, saved, then reset it back to NO and saved. We shall see. Overnight I did get two more but with the RESET, shall see how it goes.

Again, thanks. Not sure how much exposure this subforum gets but I was pretty sure that I did post in the wrong place but selfishly wanted the exposure!

Hmmm, now my TimeZone is wrong.

And my ID, F2, is considered invalid as TOO SHORT. So I canNOT edit the page with devices or the TimeZone setting.

Is there a way to change my ID without losing all of my stats? Something like F22, formerly F2!
    Last edited by F2; 11-10-16 at 08:59 AM.
    IndianTiwari likes this.
    11-10-16 08:30 AM
    Somethings up with the site. After you mentioned it, I see my timezone is off too. I'll report it. Do I recall correctly that you're -8 GMT, west coast?

To request a user name change, email [email protected] with your current and requested user names. When selecting a new name, you should first go to the Member List to check if the new one you'd like is available. Use the drop down for "search members". If the new one doesn't show up in the search, it's available.

And yes, all your stats will stick with you.
    FF22 likes this.
    11-10-16 10:19 AM
    Somethings up with the site. After you mentioned it, I see my timezone is off too. I'll report it. Do I recall correctly that you're -8 GMT, west coast?

To request a user name change, email [email protected] with your current and requested user names. When selecting a new name, you should first go to the Member List to check if the new one you'd like is available. Use the drop down for "search members". If the new one doesn't show up in the search, it's available.

Okay, good about the TimeZone being NOT me. Just killed all my cookies,logged out and still was wrong.

Ah, ha, I like my short name but it does create issues. So I will investigate a change.
    IndianTiwari likes this.
    11-10-16 11:15 AM

When I use the Members List link, I wind up on a page that requires me to log in. When I press Log-In, full circle but no log in prompt. Maybe I'll try another browser. No, chrome and IE did not work either.

I won't lose too much sleep over it for the moment.
    IndianTiwari likes this.
    11-10-16 11:31 AM
    Ah, ha, I like my short name but it does create issues. So I will investigate a change.
    You may want to hold off on that for the moment.The name thing could possibly be tied in with the other gremlins.
    FF22 likes this.
    11-10-16 11:37 AM
    Posting here to test time stamp...
    11-11-16 09:14 AM
    Time stamp is accurate for me now. Same for everyone else?
    11-11-16 09:15 AM
    I don't think so..... Let's see...
    IndianTiwari likes this.
    11-11-16 11:15 AM
    Nope, my reply was posted about 9:15am Pacific Coast Time and it is showing (well, now a bit later) but 5:22PM.

I checked and while my TimeZone setting seems to show correctly in my Profile, something is wrong!

And I canNOT edit my settings as my two character ID is considered invalid in the system. See attached. And while it was suggested I check the Member List to find a new ID that might work, I canNOT log in so that I can view the member list.

Now getting MY QUOTED threads as Email replies from Tapatalk or CB app-profile.jpg

Ah, I got to the Members' List just now. I see that an ID I'd use is not taken so I have sent an email to the address to get it changed.

We shall see....

F2, henceforth, if it works, another ID if it works.
    Last edited by F2; 11-11-16 at 11:33 AM.
    11-11-16 11:22 AM
    I'm not getting any email whenever anyone has quoted or liked my post. As I have disabled notifications in the app, the only way that I have is to open app frequently

How should I be notified on the interactions

And I'm getting unwanted emails about new threads

Not sure what should I do exactly do receive right notifications
    11-11-16 12:14 PM
    I'm not getting any email whenever anyone has quoted or liked my post. As I have disabled notifications in the app, the only way that I have is to open app frequently

How should I be notified on the interactions

And I'm getting unwanted emails about new threads

Not sure what should I do exactly do receive right notifications
    That's a slightly different question -- that's being discussed here: http://forums.crackberry.com/site-fe.../#post12662693

Some clever guy has already posted how to deal with subscriptions. Post #4.
    FF22 likes this.
    11-11-16 01:18 PM
    That's a slightly different question -- that's being discussed here: http://forums.crackberry.com/site-fe.../#post12662693

Okay, clever guy, what about my timezone!
    11-11-16 01:27 PM
    Okay, clever guy, what about my timezone!
    User error!

But seriously, that is beyond my ability as a mod to deal with.
    11-11-16 01:29 PM
    User error!

But seriously, that is beyond my ability as a mod to deal with.
    Sheesh, compare your powers to those of an Ambassor (NONE!)
    Ecm and IndianTiwari like this.
    11-11-16 01:45 PM
    Sheesh, compare your powers to those of an Ambassor (NONE!)
    With middling power comes middling responsibility.
    FF22 likes this.
    11-11-16 01:56 PM
    Well, my postings still show the wrong time and the time of anything I read is also offset from my current time.

I did write to the address above to try changing my UserId. I think I found one that might work.

Oh, well, we shall see.....
    IndianTiwari likes this.
    11-12-16 11:43 AM
    Testing time stamp...
    11-14-16 11:27 AM
    Time stamp is accurate on my side. Anyone else?
    11-14-16 11:28 AM

Yes but how do I stop email notifications without a PC? I just want subscribed through app only.
    01-02-17 12:42 AM