Ok - I'll let our tech team know. Please keep me posted here if nothing changes!
    Unlikely that it will change for me, I decided to just use the app instead.
    But what about other issues w site & app? Is there a catchall thread?
    11-08-16 07:50 PM
    I didn't even try to rebel, I chose to whitelist but it didn't take & it keeps asking me to do it @_@
    Are you whitelisting it through your browser's adblocker extension? Or are you just clicking Whitelist on the webpage? Clicking Whitelist in the page that pops up doesn't do the whitelisting for you (it only gives you instructions on how to do it). You still have to manually whitelist it.
    11-09-16 02:00 PM
    Are you whitelisting it through your browser's adblocker extension? Or are you just clicking Whitelist on the webpage? Clicking Whitelist in the page that pops up doesn't do the whitelisting for you (it only gives you instructions on how to do it). You still have to manually whitelist it.
    And the ad blocker may block the pop up with instruction on how to whitelist?
    11-09-16 02:04 PM
    I paused the adblocker for that time
    11-09-16 04:30 PM
    Change name into "Crapadsland" yeah?
    Anyway, I use Opera. Everything looks alright here.
    Last edited by bhoqeem; 11-09-16 at 05:37 PM.
    11-09-16 05:16 PM
    All browsers. i've used ie, firefox and chrome, all three hangs horribly on CB. Other sites are fine. It's usually a ad(external link) that is hanging the whole page.
    11-09-16 06:29 PM
    It wouldn't. The corresponding pop-up would be sourced from the Crackberry host. Adblockers block content by static sources/IP-addresses (ie... adsense objects are blocked). Crackberry's whitelist page would pass without question because it originated from Crackberry, not from a known ad source.
    Last edited by DenverRalphy; 11-10-16 at 04:06 PM.
    11-10-16 03:42 PM
    It wouldn't. The corresponding pop-up would be sourced from the Crackberry host. Adblockers block content by static sources/IP-addresses (ie... adsense objects are blocked). Crackberry's whitelist page would pass without question.
    Good to know.Thanks.
    11-10-16 03:45 PM
    Being forced to whitelist to get on the site is a step too far. I will no longer be visiting the site unless this changes.
    04-30-18 12:21 PM
    As many have said here, with no adblocker the main site is unusable.

Trying to force users to whitelist just screams of desperation.

Interesting how it is so different at ANdroid Central.
    04-30-18 03:52 PM
    Being forced to whitelist to get on the site is a step too far. I will no longer be visiting the site unless this changes.
    How do you propose the site makes money then?
    04-30-18 06:05 PM
    How do you propose the site makes money then?
    Firs step is to maybe have the site work / load like others. Second I'm sick of seeing a keyone ad over and over again. I already have one thanks. Third I don't use a pc as my main web driver and since I am being served up ads on the mobile Web I don't see why I shouldn't be able to bock from PC on the 2 times a month I may checkin? Look, ads are there to get people to click on and perhaps see a new product or find something neat that they can buy. Crackberry ads are usually just BlackBerry, specifically Keyone. Perhaps an ad rotation would be less annoying? I mean, the App splash screen is still the 10th anniversary. so tell me, how much effort is really being put into this site anymore these days?
    05-02-18 01:50 PM
    Firs step is to maybe have the site work / load like others. Second I'm sick of seeing a keyone ad over and over again. I already have one thanks. Third I don't use a pc as my main web driver and since I am being served up ads on the mobile Web I don't see why I shouldn't be able to bock from PC on the 2 times a month I may checkin? Look, ads are there to get people to click on and perhaps see a new product or find something neat that they can buy. Crackberry ads are usually just BlackBerry, specifically Keyone. Perhaps an ad rotation would be less annoying? I mean, the App splash screen is still the 10th anniversary. so tell me, how much effort is really being put into this site anymore these days?
    Well, you've certainly moved the goalpost from your initial statement.

It's too bad the ads aren't to your liking, but my question still stands.
    05-02-18 01:55 PM
    I'm confused. Are you complaining about existence of the ads or the ads themselves?
    05-02-18 02:07 PM
39 12