Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By wolf_359
  • 1 Post By KermEd
  • 1 Post By spyeagle
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Newbie

I'm new here and I just want to say how disappointed I am with alot of the responses in forums...if people are asking for help there is no reason for ridicule and name calling...if your response doesn't offer some form of assistance to the "op" (i just learned that 1 today ;-) ) why do you find it necessary to spread your negativity across the web? Not everybody on this site or using this app is required to be tech savvy to be a member...ready to stop posting and reading threads

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    406 Global Posts

Not all of us are sarcastic know it alls. Welcome to CB. Hope your experience gets better.
    Snap51 likes this.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Thanks wolf...i also have to thank elite 1...it will get better as i try to leave ignorance to ignorant people...lol...just thought the makers of crackberry should be aware of the abuse happening on this site... :-)

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

Z10 Fatality

This thread is 1 example

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Genius

Not sure if you encountered a problem with someone in the forums but I'm pretty sure that everyone would be more than pleased to help you out. There's no need to be angry about something of the past =)

Quote Originally Posted by Natral Cutie View Post
    I'm new here and I just want to say how disappointed I am with alot of the responses in forums...if people are asking for help there is no reason for ridicule and name calling...if your response doesn't offer some form of assistance to the "op" (i just learned that 1 today ;-) ) why do you find it necessary to spread your negativity across the web? Not everybody on this site or using this app is required to be tech savvy to be a member...ready to stop posting and reading threads

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    406 Global Posts

Z10 Fatality - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com

This thread is 1 example

Posted via CB10
    I see what ya mean. A lot of useless comments on that one.

Default Newbie

There are always bad apples in the community, its the way people are.

Otherwise, welcome to the forums . glad to have a new guy on the forums anytime!

Edit: don't worry, there are plenty of positive ones too. And you'll see the community here doesn't stay negative in posts long. It turns around over time.

via Tapatalk
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  

@nhanken
    Thank you for your support...also I'm not angry, just disappointed @ how people can be so mean and negative to a complete stranger asking for help...

Thank you to everyone who replied to this thread with positive feedback ;-)

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    Ask and You Will Receive

Welcome to CB, I hope your not discouraged from asking questions as MOST people here are here to help. I think the only issue some people have and why some people get rude answers is when a person does ZERO searching on their own and just come to the forums and say BLAH BLAH BLAH this phone sucks because "ENTER IN FORUM TITLE HERE THAT HAS ALREADY BEEN DISCUSSED 1MILLION TIMES", but I am not saying going off on these people, calling them bad names is good, I think people are just getting frustrated at how LAZY some people are. They would rather spend the 5-10 mins it takes to create and populate a forum post, when a 30 second google search would provide them with the anwser. But again I hope you enjoy your stay and Welcome again BB10 is kicking ****
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #10  

I can totally understand the frustration if that is the case, but for some people google searches and results may be overwhelming to some...maybe they just come to get clear and concise answers from those who have expertise in this area??? Lol....

Well i did notice that the thread i linked above has been cleaned up...so mission accomplished

I definitely know who to go to when i need help...thanks everyone ;-)

Posted via CB10

A haterz gotta hate yo

via Tapatalk
    Natral Cutie likes this.

Posted via CB10
    Speaking on behalf of the team here, I'm very sorry to hear that you had such a poor first impression!

Rest assured our members, the mod team and everyone else behind the scenes (myself included) are all here to help and make sure you have a great time here at CrackBerry.

Shoot me a note at any time if you have any questions or concerns!
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #13  

Thanks for your response James...

So now I'm going to ask what may seem likr a stupid question...

What exactly will i lose if i restore my z10 to factory settings?

i.e. Will i have to re-invite all bbm contacts? Will i have to re-install all apps and games etc? I do have my phone backed up on my pc and a memory card...

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thanks for your response James...

So now I'm going to ask what may seem likr a stupid question...

What exactly will i lose if i restore my z10 to factory settings?

i.e. Will i have to re-invite all bbm contacts? Will i have to re-install all apps and games etc? I do have my phone backed up on my pc and a memory card...

Posted via CB10

BBM Contacts are stored on the BBM server now (That is why they switched from PIN to BlackberryID)

Games and Apps will need to be reinstalled from Blackberry World. Any music/videos/notes etc will need to be backed up. Phone Contacts should be backed up by Blackberry Link along with SMS. Basically wiping the phone brings it back the the exact state it was in when purchased.
    KermEd likes this.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #15  

Thanks spyeagle!

Posted via CB10