A quick heads up for everyone today, as we've just finished pushing a new profile popup system to ALL of the Mobile Nations sites. This new feature is tied directly into your Passport account, so you'll want to take note of all the details.

To view the new profile popups, simply click on a username or avatar, and all will be revealed

The popup contains your username, and clearly shows the sites where you have an active account. You will also see your global post count (local post counts are still shown in the sidebar), and number of 'likes' and 'thanks' received. In addition, your location, device and carrier info can be found here.

For the heavy forum user, you will notice some changes. Your occupation and interest information has been replaced by a global 'bio' setting. Any local social links (links to your Facebook, G+, Twitter and Microsoft Accounts) will be found in the new profile popup, and are editable via Passport.

Other than that, most of your 'local' forum settings and options should remain the same.

We hope you enjoy this new feature. If you have any questions or concerns please let us know. We're here to help!
    Marcus Adolfsson likes this.
    12-12-12 09:15 PM
    I might be missing something but device info seems to have disappeared. I noticed because I had updated a short while back to say I was on .794
    12-12-12 09:29 PM
    I might be missing something but device info seems to have disappeared. I noticed because I had updated a short while back to say I was on .794
    It has now moved into the Passport profile. You can either pick a device from the drop down, or enter a custom device name. We are thinking of adding a OS Version field as well.
    12-12-12 09:50 PM
    This is AMAZING!!! Good to see that trillion dollars being spent on wicked new features!!!

PS. It's only going to get even awesomer around here. Seriously... we're hard at work on the CrackBerry redesign behind the scenes. I've basically been working all day with a woody as the new site design we're cooking up is looking so freak'n HOT.
    Marcus Adolfsson likes this.
    12-12-12 09:56 PM
    OK, I updated my profile, I put my devices/versions in mini bio so that it appears in the popup.
    New Mobile Nations Profile Popups Ready for Prime Time-crackberrypassportfull.png

Could the playbook image be one that matches the orientation, at the moment it's showing portrait with a landscape image on the screen.

This still needs some tweaks, sometimes the popup gets truncated at the top edge, and a couple of other issues below.
    New Mobile Nations Profile Popups Ready for Prime Time-crackberrypassport.png

The process of finding the information is too hard, clicking on 'Full Profile' in the popup does not take you to the screen to edit the information which is in the popup - Actually I get it now, this was intended for looking at other peoples profiles. But anyway when you get to that info you don't see anything like 'Full Profile' and in that screen can't click on the user name to see the popup. But if we click on 'Full Profile' and it's me signed in, couldn't this bring me to the 'Manage Your Passport' screen instead?

To get to 'Manage Your Passport' you have to click Settings>Edit Profile, or Settings>Edit Avatar, and both take you there. Could this be replaced with Settings>Manage Passport
    12-13-12 04:41 AM
    The process of finding the information is too hard, clicking on 'Full Profile' in the popup does not take you to the screen to edit the information which is in the popup - Actually I get it now, this was intended for looking at other peoples profiles. But anyway when you get to that info you don't see anything like 'Full Profile' and in that screen can't click on the user name to see the popup. But if we click on 'Full Profile' and it's me signed in, couldn't this bring me to the 'Manage Your Passport' screen instead?

To get to 'Manage Your Passport' you have to click Settings>Edit Profile, or Settings>Edit Avatar, and both take you there. Could this be replaced with Settings>Manage Passport
    Agreed, we are going to push an "Edit" button when viewing your own pop-up today [Done].
    djenkins6 likes this.
    12-13-12 08:05 AM
    Ok quick question...in the popups, what is the difference between "forum posts" and "comments made" If I hover over my own avatar, it tells me I've made 1447 forum posts (as of writing this) and made 280 comments.

What's the diff?
    01-15-13 08:04 PM
    Comment count are for comments on the blog side.
    01-15-13 08:43 PM
    Comment count are for comments on the blog side.
    Oh duh...makes sense when you say it that way (slaps self upside the head)

Thanks for the quick response, Marcus! (y)
    01-15-13 08:56 PM