Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Founder

Global Posts
    3,742 Global Posts
    PIN
    It's complicated...
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default New Marketplace Rules - Effective Feb.7/09

New Marketplace Rules - Effective February 7th, 2009

Hey Everybody,

OK. Fairly big announcement here, especially to those of you who frequent the Marketplace forum. Due to some fraudulent behavior and scams that took place within these marketplace forums in the past, we are starting fresh with a clean slate and are tightening up the criteria for posting in the Marketplace forum. The criteria is strict, but even seeing one person be scammed is one too many. We hope the new rules prevent this from ever happening again. All old marketplace threads will be deleted (truly starting fresh) so keep in mind if you posted recently you may need to repost). As always, you should use caution when buying / selling / trading in any online forum and CrackBerry.com assumes no responsibility for these community transactions. Use the Marketplace well!

MEMBER POSTING CRITERIA
    - To create a thread in this forum to sell an item you must have a minimum CrackBerry post count of 100 and be a member of the site for at least three months.
    - To post replies to threads, the minimum post count is 10 (same as posting URLs). As always, buyer beware.

Click Here for FULL Marketplace Posting Rules and Guidelines.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,274 Global Posts
    PIN
    IT TO THE FLOOR!!!

Glad to see the rules updated with minimum requirements to post selling or buying. Thanks Kevin!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Retired Mod

Global Posts
    13,630 Global Posts

Many members spoke and we listened.

Great job guys, I for one am glad to see this...

Global Posts
    35,695 Global Posts
    PIN
    PIN:K Floyd!

Sounds GREAT!
    CrackBerry Abuser

I think 200 posts is way too many. The reason the crackberry marketplace is so good is becasue there is so much traffic, and it is constantly being updated with new phones. Any I stronly disagree with this and you can read my rant in the odds and ends sections where I'm trying to get my post count up.
    Retired Mod

Global Posts
    13,630 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bholloway View Post
    I think 200 posts is way too many. The reason the crackberry marketplace is so good is becasue there is so much traffic, and it is constantly being updated with new phones. Any I stronly disagree with this and you can read my rant in the odds and ends sections where I'm trying to get my post count up.

Something had to be done. Too many scammers and we hate seeing people getting scammed. People work to hard for their money and to have some low life just steal it from them.
    Last edited by Garz; 02-07-09 at 07:49 PM.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by Garz View Post
    Something had to be done. Too many scammers and we hate seeing people getting scammed. People work to hard for their money and to have some low life just steal it from them.

More proof that the mods are trying to keep it useful and informative.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    318EF412

I think that the minimum number is fair. It takes awhile to get there but if you are there its less likely you are going to scam or be scammed. It takes making a quick buck out of the equation. Thanks mods for making this a good environment.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Founder

Global Posts
    3,742 Global Posts
    PIN
    It's complicated...
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #10  

After further discussion and member feedback, we're making a further change to the marketplace policy. It's 100 posts / 3 months in order to sell items. To post replies in the forums, there is only a minimum requirement of 10 posts (same as posting URLs). As always, buyer beware. This should still keep the scammers out with strict policies on selling, but keeps the audience of potential buyers wide open.

MEMBER POSTING CRITERIA
    - To create a thread in this forum to sell an item you must have a minimum CrackBerry post count of 100 and be a member of the site for at least three months.
    - To post replies to threads, the minimum post count is 10 (same as posting URLs). As always, buyer beware.
    CrackBerry Abuser

bens post about the water bottle had me literally lol..

I am still cool with it...
    CrackBerry Founder

Global Posts
    3,742 Global Posts
    PIN
    It's complicated...
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #13  

Cool SD. Yeah, I think this should work as well and keep things more friendly to the buyers. For the most part, the burden of trust comes down to the seller. If a buyer doesn't come through the seller still has his item to sell. If the seller doesn't come through, then here's heck to pay. 3 months and 100 posts should deter anybody out for a quick buck. And a 10 post minimum to reply just puts in line with everything else - have to at least get your feet wet in the community and be a member member.

Hoping everyone uses the forum well!
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    266 Global Posts

I am all about protecting forum members from getting scammed. But I am against this forum deleting my active marketplace thread. Especially since I posted my ebay and BlackberryForums feedback.

Also, requiring 100 posts will not stop the scams. If the buyer or seller doesn't do the required research and checks, nothing will change.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    41 Global Posts

I think it will help a lot. But your right dooks still need to check feedbacks and such but I think if folks are to stay around 3 months and post 100 times to scam someone out of 400 bucks is pretty remote. JMHO

d
    CrackBerry User

glad to see the marketplace tighter. But hop it does'nt make it more difficult for us legitimate sellers