I logged into the Forums today on my PC running IE 11, and I was greeted with this awesomeness:
    New DELL advertisement screwing up the forums.-dell_advert.jpg

Can someone at CB please do something about the advertisement taking over the screen and making forum navigation impossible?
    George_B likes this.
    03-05-14 08:33 AM
    We aware of this one and will be in touch with our advertising partner on this soon. Thank you for your patience!!!
    HotFix and Azensun like this.
    03-05-14 08:41 AM
    And James knows that I am using Chrome. It's happening with that too. FYI
    03-05-14 09:15 AM
    We aware of this one and will be in touch with our advertising partner on this soon. Thank you for your patience!!!
    It's really getting frustrating!! IE10 and Chrome!
    03-05-14 10:13 AM
    OP, download Chrome. And everyone, download adblock in your chrome extension. I havent seen any add in this page in a long time.
    SteveBB10 likes this.
    03-05-14 11:27 AM
    Firefox user here, with AdBlocker. Haven't seen a web ad in years.

Typed on my Q10, SQN100-2, 10.2.1.2141 :-)
    03-05-14 11:50 AM
    What's an ad?

Been using adblocker for years....
    03-05-14 12:33 PM
    I run both IE-11 and Opera and the CB site format is all screwed up and formatting is completely different and Blue! It's not my computer as all other sites are normal? What's up-anyone know? It's unusable as is. Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    03-05-14 12:46 PM
    Hate, hate, hate the site changes! Well I really don't hate anything or anybody but I sure don't like the formatting and layout of the new site. Even the "edit signature" has the edit box covered with code! Am I the only one having this issue and seeing this or are others of you that are also having this issue? Just curious.
    Thanks!
    03-05-14 02:21 PM
    Hate, hate, hate the site changes! Well I really don't hate anything or anybody but I sure don't like the formatting and layout of the new site. Even the "edit signature" has the edit box covered with code! Am I the only one having this issue and seeing this or are others of you that are also having this issue? Just curious.
    Thanks!
    There's clearly something up with the forums site. The layout of the pages is messed up, and the page keeps jumping on its own. It's happening in Chrome as well. No other sites (Mobile Nations or others) are misbehaving in this manner.
    flyingsolid likes this.
    03-05-14 02:58 PM
    There's clearly something up with the forums site. The layout of the pages is messed up, and the page keeps jumping on its own. It's happening in Chrome as well. No other sites (Mobile Nations or others) are misbehaving in this manner.
    Agreed! All my other sites in both IE and Opera are fine. Wonder if they are working on it and if so, why not post an update about it?? Odd for CB to not be on top of this. BTW, the jumping makes it almost un-viewable!
    Azensun likes this.
    03-05-14 04:04 PM
    OP, download Chrome. And everyone, download adblock in your chrome extension. I havent seen any add in this page in a long time.
    Use a Google product? I would rather slam my head into a brick wall repeatedly until I passed out.

Thanks for the pointless suggestion on the problem with the CrackBerry site...

Posted via CB10 on a Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    saxxman likes this.
    03-05-14 06:48 PM
    Use a Google product? I would rather slam my head into a brick wall repeatedly until I passed out.

Didn't realize you act so immature. I'm sorry I even bother helping you out

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Aljean Thein; 03-06-14 at 01:25 AM.
    03-06-14 01:08 AM

I do hope you're not using a BB10 product, with the runtime being Android. Aljean's suggestion is perfectly valid, and works flawlessly. That doesn't mean we're letting anyone off the hook for this Dell ad - it needs to go. Although it doesn't show up in Chrome using Adblock, it does in IE11, which I prefer when using Windows.
    03-06-14 05:02 AM

I wish you don't have a Google account & use any of Google services (Mail, Search, Youtube, etc..)

I'm afraid you'll passed out soon
    03-06-14 05:34 AM
    James, these things slip through when an advertiser or their minions don't have common sense.

But I believe you are part of the problem, when, being advised of the matter, you say,

""We...will be in touch...soon" (emphasis added)

That was yesterday.

George_B
    03-06-14 07:14 AM
    On this... can you guys post some screenshots of the messed up layout??? Would appreciate it, because everything over here appears to display fine!
    03-06-14 08:30 AM
    James, these things slip through when an advertiser or their minions don't have common sense.

But I believe you are part of the problem, when, being advised of the matter, you say,

""We...will be in touch...soon" (emphasis added)

That was yesterday.

George_B
    George,

Our team is looking into this. Thanks for your patience
    03-06-14 08:32 AM
    On this... can you guys post some screenshots of the messed up layout??? Would appreciate it, because everything over here appears to display fine!
    I wish I could, James, but that results in further major fails. Raino and 93Aero have posted screenshots of the same things I am seeing here:http://forums.crackberry.com/site-ne.../#post10088697. What can't be captured is the screen hopping up and down as each "Trending Posts" crawler changes.
    03-06-14 08:37 AM
    Glad to have found this. Hopefully it will be resolved soon.
    Azensun likes this.
    03-06-14 08:38 AM
    I wish I could, James, but that results in further major fails. Raino and 93Aero have posted screenshots of the same things I am seeing here:http://forums.crackberry.com/site-ne.../#post10088697. What can't be captured is the screen hopping up and down as each "Trending Posts" crawler changes.
    Thanks. Did see that in the other thread so it looks like we're underway. Wish us luck!
    Azensun likes this.
    03-06-14 08:40 AM
    I see the Chrome version is fixed! Yay! Thank you!

I can live with the annoying HP ad.
    03-06-14 09:29 AM
    James,

Thanks for the fix...Dell and Intel were not very nice with their ad.

Suggest that CrackBerry put a note in their "Info for advertisers" about keeping their ads within some reasonable boundaries.

Now CrackBerry web is back to its usual great form !!!
    Azensun likes this.
    03-06-14 10:00 AM
    Thanks. Did see that in the other thread so it looks like we're underway. Wish us luck!
    Thanks! Everything is back to normal on my PC-so much appreciated! Now can you please pass on to the team at Blackberry that is in charge of Link, that the new version will not sync with Outlook 2007, 2010 or 2013 and it is a major problem. Its all over CB and I can't believe they haven't seen it, know about it or addressed it! Link goes through the motions of syncing but then says "Sync unsuccessful. Failure to commit to device". This is a major deal buster for people that have to use a stand alone Outlook product as opposed to a web-based product like gmail or outlook.com due to the nature of our business. Additionally we live on our phones and need them to sync calendar appointments and contacts correctly. It was working fine until last week when this started. Downloaded the newest version and the problem is there, and older versions do not work correctly either. This is a real biggie so any pressure from CB would be appreciated by many! Thank you!
    03-06-14 11:14 AM
    I wish you don't have a Google account & use any of Google services (Mail, Search, Youtube, etc..)

I'm afraid you'll passed out soon
    Don't worry, I don't use anything Google and don't have a Google account. ;-)

03-06-14 12:02 PM
30 12