I LOVE IT !! Thanks so much for the color change options ! I love the movement it does when you select it as well.

I love Crackberry !!

Great job to all.
    06-27-08 02:45 PM
    The message reads "Uncaught exception Module with handle
    [5515] and index [1] has no application entry point" and then has the ok button below (Pearl 8100)
    Error reports are good, as they help us make it better, so no worries.

We are aware of that problem. It has been reported to RIM by a number of developers, but unfortunately there is no known work-around. I first encountered it myself with REXwireless software, and that's how I learned of it. Scared me too, but it is harmless, and should only occur on your initial install. Basically, it is reporting something intentionally coded per RIM specs, which is ironic.

Glad you like it!
    06-27-08 02:46 PM
    Just thought of something, the only color missing is black to go with a Precision theme. That should be a must for the next beta revision!
    I agree that one of the colors should be black, especially since I never plan on using the pink, orange or yellow, heh, heh.
    ONLY minor thing Ive noticed,(this may just be on Pearls), is that the CB icon is just big enough that it slightly overlaps whatever icon is above/underneath it.

Still, this is awesome that you've done this, so thanks for the 3rd time!
    06-27-08 02:48 PM
    So it's cool and all...but is there any chance we can have it open straight to the blogs? I don't use the forums as much as I like reading up on the new stuff
    06-27-08 02:50 PM
    the CB icon is just big enough that it slightly overlaps whatever icon is above/underneath it.
    I've noticed that on different themes, it's different sizes. On the one I posted in the screenshot thread, it was as small as the others, and on the bottom zen, it was slightly bigger than the rest. Nothing I can't live with, that's for sure.
    06-27-08 02:54 PM
    For the time being I'd recommend using CrackBerry Viigo for reading our blogs. We still need need some work to do on our wap blogs.

Though really..I just want RIM to release an awesome web browser that kills the need to make mobile-friendly stuff. Full web viewing on the BB.

LOVE the Launcher!

So it's cool and all...but is there any chance we can have it open straight to the blogs? I don't use the forums as much as I like reading up on the new stuff
    06-27-08 02:54 PM
    I agree that one of the colors should be black, especially since I never plan on using the pink, orange or yellow, heh, heh.
    ONLY minor thing Ive noticed,(this may just be on Pearls), is that the CB icon is just big enough that it slightly overlaps whatever icon is above/underneath it.

Still, this is awesome that you've done this, so thanks for the 3rd time!
    Can you post a screen shot? I'm not following you.
    06-27-08 02:58 PM
    I've noticed that on different themes, it's different sizes. On the one I posted in the screenshot thread, it was as small as the others, and on the bottom zen, it was slightly bigger than the rest. Nothing I can't live with, that's for sure.
    It was actually one of your screenshot posts that prompted me to comment on this.
    I dont know if it's just the particular themes I'm fond of, or the fact that it's running on a Pearl instead of a Curve, but it does this with every theme I've tried it on:
    Precision
    bModern
    Pillar
    Halo
    Red

But I agree that it's definitely something I can live with...but if it can be easily fixed in the next version, AWESOME!

***edit***
    Screenshot(Halo theme)

Screenshot(Precision theme)
    Last edited by antiandy; 06-27-08 at 03:02 PM.
    New icon is great!! Ability to change colors is Great!!! Gotta love CB!!!
    Basically, this "effect" is seen on 8700 and Curve (8300 series) models because they use a different icon size for the "Icon theme", than other models, and even themselves in other themes. Adding theme specific artwork for that theme, for each color would easily double the size of the application, and so it was felt that was not justified. Perhaps later, if enough want it, we could create an "Icon theme" version specifically for each model group for those using that theme primarily.
    06-27-08 03:06 PM
    We actually had thought of this, but as Kevin mentions above, it is better to use Viigo for this both because Viigo is the awesome tool for the job, and because the blogs are not WAP'ed yet. We agree with Kevin completely that it is better to use Viigo.

Other links could be added easily, so if you have suggestions, let Kevin know what you want, and he'll let us know!
    06-27-08 03:08 PM
    Basically, this "effect" is seen on 8700 and Curve (8300 series) models because they use a different icon size for the "Icon theme", than other models, and even themselves in other themes. Adding theme specific artwork for that theme, for each color would easily double the size of the application, and so it was felt that was not justified. Perhaps later, if enough want it, we could create an "Icon theme" version specifically for each model group for those using that theme primarily.
    As far as I'm concerned, it's absolutely great as-is. It's such a minor thing, I wouldn't even worry about it. At least on my BB, with my OS. Love it.
    06-27-08 03:09 PM
    Sick, it looks great thank you!
    06-27-08 03:10 PM
    Looks great to me!!!!
    06-27-08 03:11 PM
    It was actually one of your screenshot posts that prompted me to comment on this.
    I dont know if it's just the particular themes I'm fond of, or the fact that it's running on a Pearl instead of a Curve, but it does this with every theme I've tried it on:
    Precision
    bModern
    Pillar
    Halo
    Red

But I agree that it's definitely something I can live with...but if it can be easily fixed in the next version, AWESOME!

***edit***
    Screenshot(Halo theme)

Screenshot(Precision theme)
    Ah, I understand now, and see what you mean. The quick answer is that this is the result of the themes using non-standard icon sizes, and that the only way around this is to have icon specific artwork, and theme specific versions. In the next version we plan to add limited support for iVista, and iBerry, and possibly Precision. Maybe email me a list of such themes once you find them, and we'll see what we can do.
    06-27-08 03:13 PM
    Ah, I understand now, and see what you mean. The quick answer is that this is the result of the themes using non-standard icon sizes, and that the only way around this is to have icon specific artwork, and theme specific versions. In the next version we plan to add limited support for iVista, and iBerry, and possibly Precision. Maybe email me a list of such themes once you find them, and we'll see what we can do.
    Makes sense to me. Thanks for looking at it and replying so quickly.
    As Chaz said about the size-changing on Curves, it's really a minor thing.
    I will email you a list of themes and if there's a fix down the road, cool. If not, Im still ultra-psyched about its existence in the first place...so no worries!
    06-27-08 03:17 PM
    okay, after installing I realized I had to remove the old CB and unstall the new one. I love it. Thanks
    06-27-08 03:36 PM
    This looks ace!

I get a 907 invalid cod error when trying to download though.

Any ideas?
    06-27-08 03:50 PM
    This looks ace!

I get a 907 invalid cod error when trying to download though.

Any ideas?
    I'd just try again and see what happens. Might have just been a bad data connection or something.
    06-27-08 04:18 PM
    Frackin' SWEET Patrick!!! A HUGE thank you to u and cb.com!!!!
    06-27-08 05:02 PM
    I'd just try again and see what happens. Might have just been a bad data connection or something.
    Thanks Patrick.

I've tried about 5 times now with no sucess but will keep trying.

Will let you know.
    06-27-08 05:11 PM
    Awesome job guys. When I have the options set to WAP Forums, it just hangs on the Blackberry page, but when set to WAP Index it goes through no problems....nothing I cant live with either, just wondering if I was doing something wrong. TIA

EDIT: I think I have found my problem. I was using the Liquid Metal Today Theme and that was happening. When I changed to BBDimension Icon them it worked perfectly. I guess its just theme dependant. No big deal though, Its awesome, thanks guys
    Last edited by southernguy0306; 06-27-08 at 05:37 PM.
    06-27-08 05:24 PM
    Awesome job patrick and the Crackberry team!!! Love the new app and the ability to change the color of the icon.

Crackberry is awesome and I am glad that I am part of such a great community!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-27-08 05:27 PM
    kevin & patirck awsome job esp adding some girlie colors for the icon it matches perfectly
    06-27-08 05:40 PM
    how do you change the color?
    06-27-08 05:47 PM
157 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD