Shouldn't all of the Z10/BB10 "how-tos" in the blogs just be written up and put in the forums? It sucks to have to read through multiple blog posts on the rss feed to find things that may not be a "how-to" that I may be interested in. Kind of seems spamy to have 5-8 how to do this or that on your Z10/BB10 per diem. I get the excitement and everything, but it's a bit excessive.

Thank you for your time, and this is solely my opinion, and my choice to have the rss feed from this site. I'm not saying that because it annoys just me that things should be changed. What I am saying is that people get blasted daily in the forums for not "searching" and looking for a how to before asking a question....harder to search blogs than it is the forums. (and why have it in two places?)
    webmeister and jagrlover like this.
    02-09-13 04:29 AM
    Agreed. Blogs should be just for news items. If people want to comment on a particular blog post, they can start a thread in the forums, citing the blog. Otherwise, it's messy.
    02-09-13 05:48 AM
    Agreed. Blogs should be just for news items. If people want to comment on a particular blog post, they can start a thread in the forums, citing the blog. Otherwise, it's messy.
    No. You missed the OP's point.
    The OP is talking about "How-To" instructional blog posts being mixed with news items.
    Not comments on a blog post. Comments are meant to be made on the blog post itself; hence the ability to do so.

The forums are not to be cluttered with comments about blog posts.
    As was incorrectly done here...
    http://forums.crackberry.com/general...admins-769778/

Just my opinion and I'm sticking to it.
    02-09-13 08:39 AM
    Great. Now I'm being stalked. ;-)

Point taken. I did miss the point.
    02-09-13 08:49 AM
    Great. Now I'm being stalked. ;-)

Point taken. I did miss the point.
    Oh, please. Stop your drama....
    You're not being stalked. You are just obvious with your sensationalistic thread headlines and views.
    Hard not to be seen, isn't it??? Or, that was the whole point???

Anyway, It's always fun to see someone who admittedly misses the point, still try to act as if they have a point to make.
    02-09-13 09:14 AM
    No. You missed the OP's point.
    The OP is talking about "How-To" instructional blog posts being mixed with news items.
    Not comments on a blog post. Comments are meant to be made on the blog post itself; hence the ability to do so.

The forums are not to be cluttered with comments about blog posts.
    As was incorrectly done here...
    http://forums.crackberry.com/general...admins-769778/

Just my opinion and I'm sticking to it.
    Correct. The "how to" stuff needs to be extremely limited in the "news" section. It should be place in the corrisponding forum area for what ever the topic is. I doubt any mods/bloggers/admins will even respond to this, lety alone take it as constructive critisism to improve the site.
    02-09-13 06:26 PM
    Correct. The "how to" stuff needs to be extremely limited in the "news" section. It should be place in the corrisponding forum area for what ever the topic is. I doubt any mods/bloggers/admins will even respond to this, lety alone take it as constructive critisism to improve the site.
    I do not like sifting through all of the How-To stuff in my feeds as well.
    I agree it can be annoying, but they probably do that for new visitors to the site to get n00bies good info.

Maybe if you posted your idea in this forum you may get some type of positive feedback.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/crackbe...back-help-f19/
    The site is changing and "Morphing" frequently.
    **see what I did there* LoL.
    02-09-13 06:39 PM
    Nice, yes I see what you did there. I would copy paste it over...but then it gives them a reason to kick me off of here for thread spamming. Maybe one of the mods will actually see this and slide it over for me. (Thanks in advance to whatever mod does this first)
    MADBRADNYC likes this.
    02-09-13 06:59 PM
    In the past there was a link to all of the how to's and such in the main CB header. With the redesign coming very soon i would suspect you will see that again.
    MADBRADNYC likes this.
    02-09-13 08:35 PM
    In the past there was a link to all of the how to's and such in the main CB header. With the redesign coming very soon i would suspect you will see that again.
    Good to hear!
    Thanks!
    02-09-13 08:41 PM
    Kinda still there, if you click on "news" you can access all of the different categories: Blog Master Index | CrackBerry.com

Anyone looking for quick links to all those How-To posts can find them here: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-blogs-770049/

CB has always and will always put all of our content in the blogs. We aren't just a news site, we cover everything. It's even in our description on Mobile Nations.
    "“CrackBerry.com is the go to site the world depends on for BlackBerry news, help, shopping and everything in between.”"

Geez, before we had the Z10, if we only posted news in the blogs, it would have been a deserted wasteland. Not our style. Besides, this is the honeymoon phase as Kevin called it. It will even out a bit and go back to "normal' soon. Plus the site redesign is coming very soon, so maybe your issues will be resolved with that.

*thread moved to correct forum*
    Morpheus likes this.
    02-09-13 09:23 PM
    Its called showing up in search results. That's all those "how to" posts are for. Just look at the titles, each are word for word examples of what people would be typing into a search bar. For example, "how to enable parental controls on BlackBerry 10" . Don't be surprised if you see more of them pop up as they think of more questions new Z10 owners might be searching for.

Not knocking them though. Having content people are searching for is key to having a successful blog.
    02-09-13 09:30 PM
    I would take it a step further and say all BB10 tips should be consolidated into a single thread post.

Thing is, CrackBerry makes it's money via ads, which means they need lots of blog posts (and lately increasingly sexually themed ones too).

So OP, I hope CrackBerry takes your adci to heart and makes a single forum post for BB10 tips. But don't expect to see it vanish from the blog.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    Morpheus likes this.
    02-09-13 10:13 PM
    I would take it a step further and say all BB10 tips should be consolidated into a single thread post.

Thing is, CrackBerry makes it's money via ads, which means they need lots of blog posts (and lately increasingly sexually themed ones too).

So OP, I hope CrackBerry takes your adci to heart and makes a single forum post for BB10 tips. But don't expect to see it vanish from the blog.

There already is if you look at michelles post above
    02-09-13 10:19 PM

There already is if you look at michelles post above
    I think Shane meant something more like this......

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-stuff-765658/
    02-09-13 10:48 PM
    I think Shane meant something more like this......

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-stuff-765658/
    i guess but some blog posts wont fit in the forums unless we change the character limit and photo limit.
    02-09-13 10:59 PM
    Also, and this may seem weird, but we have a lot of blog readers that never venture into the forums, and vice versa.
    02-09-13 11:05 PM
    I did mean more like what Rich posted. Some of the recent how tos have been things like how to add auto text (which I'm not implying is a bad blog post idea, it was kinda hard to find) but that could be summarized as "settings, language and input, automated assistance, word Substation" for a forum post or tup summary.

Also, and this may seem weird, but we have a lot of blog readers that never venture into the forums, and vice versa.
    Not strange at all.

02-09-13 11:34 PM
    Thanks for moving to correct place, and info. I wouldn't say its an "issue", more than just an annoyance. I use the news feeds deal on the Torch 9860 and with so many how tos to search through, and the photos start to [email protected] I have to search through the same ones because the pics are loading...thats all...

Just trying to throw ideas out there. Its unfortunate to think that people won't venture to the forums for answers and will only stick to the blogs. They are missing out on a lot of good info and friendships.
    Michelle Haag likes this.
    02-10-13 12:08 AM