about a month ago I purchased a few apps on crackberry.com including the "NextAction! Standard Edition"

Few days ago the app stop working, with the following message: "Demo time expired."
    I contacted customer support that just conveniently refunded the app without any explanation�

Now when I purchased the app it was on a special sale, which is no longer available� so, I am suspecting some sort of scam from the company that handles the sale!

has this happened to anyone else, is there a complain channel with crackberry.com and their store partner?
    12-20-10 06:43 PM
    So you got your money back? I don't see the scam part of this.
    12-20-10 06:53 PM
    were you given a registration code that perhaps you did not put in?
    12-20-10 06:54 PM
    Moved to Site Questions.

Try the Support page for the software store......

BlackBerry Apps Support - Crackberry BlackBerry Apps Store
    12-20-10 06:57 PM
    Definitely no scams involved anywhere on CrackBerry - I can give you my word on that.

The only reason, within my knowledge, that an app would expire is because you did not put in an activation code into the app you downloaded. Typically with BlackBerry apps there is no difference between the free trial download and the paid app. So if you buy an app and install it, it's essentially a free trial until you enter the activation code. If you don't put in an activation code, that app will expire whether you paid for it or not (you're essentially paying for the activation code to put into the app). When you bought the app, you'd get an email containing that code (it normally also appears on the site checkout page). If you don't recall receiving an email, maybe check your spam/junk folder in case it ended up there. You still may have that code waiting for you and could run the app.

Definitely reach out to our software support team if you have any further questions. Thx for the patience!
    12-20-10 07:04 PM
    Well, the Scam part would be the fact that I could not purchase the app for the same price again! (and would have to pay 10 time the original price for the same app!!)

I was provided with a OTA link and no Activation Code.
    I actually purchased 4 apps 2 had activation codes and 2 did not!

NextAction! Standard Edition
    Activation Code: Not Required

BerryMail - Take control of your inbox! - VOTED BEST APP DEVELOPER 2010
    Activation Code:**************

BatteryBooster (TM)
    Activation Code: Not Required

SBSH Calendar Pro
    Activation Code:*************
    Last edited by Cineza; 12-20-10 at 08:04 PM.
    12-20-10 07:07 PM
    Cineza,

Take a few deep breaths!!! Contact the support team at the store I'm sure they can help you figure it out and get it worked out. There are contact methods listed at that page I provided, as well as other helpful support info. The folks that run the CB Store, Mobihand are 100% reliable. I have bought hundreds of apps from them for my BB and for other mobile devices, they are 100% legit.
    12-20-10 09:26 PM
    I have contacted support� and have exchanged a few emails!

They had me download and reinstall the app a couple of times!
    and suddenly today I received an email with a refund� I never requested for a refund (I didn't say anything that would sound like a request for a refund� and I didn't even complain about anything! all I did was requesting a link to the full app as per order!)

last email was sent this afternoon, in reply to the refund message, mentioning that I never requested a refund and that I just wanted them to provide me with the app I purchased!

anywhoo this is my first experience with Mobihand, and an unrequested refund when no purchase options at the same price is available is a bit odd!! (even after a few deep breaths, it is still odd )
    12-20-10 10:08 PM
    48 hours later and there has been no reply to my email.

I guess since they refunded my purchase, and there is no other way to contact them, other then email, I will not get any replies!

So, to recap I figure since they mess-up the first time and considering that developer is the one offering those special sale prices, they figure just refund and ignore all emails…

at the end it is still a deceptive way of doing business (call it scam or whatever else you want
    12-22-10 02:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD