My ads have been turned off or deleted (again) in the Marketplace and I really can't understand the problem.

I've been around here (CB) for a few years .......... have enjoyed it and never really had any issue until I posted ads in the Marketplace.

A few weeks ago (about 3/14/2017) I posted 3 ads in the Marketplace. No problem, I read over the guidelines ...... posted ads accordingly ...... great!! Even got some assistance from a fellow member through PMs to help me unlock a couple of the units after the ads were posted. And, the moderator updated my ads for me to indicate the units as 'unlocked'.

I usually got online in the AM and PM and checked ads. Each time I checked my ads remained in the upper to middle portion of the first page of ads in the Marketplace.

Then one day I checked the Marketplace and my ads were gone. So I sent the moderator (TDL1) a PM to report my missing ads. Moderator told me he had turned the ads off because they sat there for "days on end" without replying to them. (NOTE: there had been to replies for me to reply to).

FACTS:
    -- The Marketplace has about 189.5 pages of ads (estimated over 6,600 ads)
    -- The first page has about 35 ads displaying
    -- The first 22 ads on the first page have had a reply in the past 2-3 weeks
    -- Every ad starting at about #23 hasn't had a response in 30 days or longer.....that's 189 pages of ads with no replies in 30 days or more.

So my ads that were just posted March 14th but are now gone ........... for the second time (in less than 30 days).

The ads were there this past Friday about half way down the first page. I went out of town over the weekend and checked this AM and they were gone again.

Hey........... this is not a huge deal for me. I just had to many BB's laying around and thought I would go ahead and sell a few and figured they might do as well in the Marketplace here as anywhere. I was wrong. If the moderator randomly decides it's time to remove ads, it's not worth the time to put it online.

I simply don't see the same "ad removal" criteria being applied anywhere except on my ads. If the moderators stated criteria were being applied........ then only the first 20-25 ads in the Marketplace would be accessible and the other 189 pages would be removed.

Anyway............ that's my feedback. As long as a moderator is going to randomly remove ads at his discretion and his whims and invent rules that have no basis and make no sense ........... the Marketplace may as well be removed and serves no benefit to me or others. It won't do anything but irritate users/members.

Thankfully the entire forum is not operated in this manner or it would never have lasted 10 years.

BTW...... I have built and operated a few of these Vbulletin forums. I know how difficult it can be to deal with all of the users AND moderators particularly with the level of traffic here at CB. Most people on the front end never see 1/2 of the issues associated with the day-to-day operation on the back-end of the forum. Sometimes I know it's a real pain. Thanks for all of the efforts made to create and maintain this forum which has been a great resource for BB users.

Thanks again!!
    04-11-17 11:47 PM