tonight on my pc I am getting a warning about content from "assets1.smartphoneexperts.com" being on crackberry.com and on forms.crackberry.com

Is anyone else getting this warning? I am using google chrome. I did not proceed but turned to my playbook to post this.
    06-17-11 09:15 PM
    one of my friends is getting this too. He's not coming on here because of it.

He got this pop up too: We have already notified assets1.smartphoneexperts.com that we found malware on this site"

No issues here though
    Last edited by SmakBerry; 06-17-11 at 09:21 PM.
    06-17-11 09:18 PM
    well mr. fancypants and you're searching ability.... thanks, I wasn't even gunna mention it till I saw this lol

But thanks :P

Ok, so I see it now.... I saw google chrome and skipped right on by lol
    Last edited by SmakBerry; 06-17-11 at 09:27 PM.
    06-17-11 09:24 PM
    Google's Safe Browsing service reports an issue here:

Google Safe Browsing diagnostic page for smartphoneexperts.com
    06-17-11 09:26 PM
    Hey Guys - the tech team is on top of that. No actual threat. For some stupid reason, our smartphoneexperts.com domain got flagged by one of the services that firefox/chrome use for monitoring. Because the top bar and footer on the cb get piped in fromm there, its popping that up. Were working on removing the linkage for now and will be delisted and safe flagged soon. This is the problem when computers do stuff instead of humans. Thx fore the patience. Its all good.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-17-11 09:31 PM
    crackberry.com is now clear but going to the forums on google chrome still shows the warning
    06-17-11 09:32 PM
    Kevin, great job of your team getting right on this and correcting it immediately. This is another example of how great the CRACKBERRY site is.
    06-18-11 10:19 AM
    Theres a reason i use Opera as my other desktop browser, google can record someone elses clicks!
    06-18-11 10:38 AM
    My warning was from entering the site directly from the address bar. Had nothing to do with being piped in. Either way, I don't go there so it really does not matter to me. Just posted my pic to show that FF was reporting the malware issue as well.
    06-18-11 03:32 PM
    Theres a reason i use Opera as my other desktop browser, google can record someone elses clicks!
    Yet again, another misinformed post. Google can only track you if you give them permission to do so.
    andyahs likes this.
    06-18-11 03:54 PM
    Earlier I couldn't access the forums because my antivirus said Webkit 7 was trying to attack my computer. Seems fine now.
    06-18-11 04:47 PM
    Earlier I couldn't access the forums because my antivirus said Webkit 7 was trying to attack my computer. Seems fine now.
    Yup, that's what mine was doing. On a friend's suggestion I cleared my cache and all is well.
    Me? Without CB!??!?
    omi10468 likes this.
    06-18-11 07:59 PM
    It's doing it again after working for awhile. I wrote it down this time. Web attack: Blackhole Toolkit Website 7. The attacking computer is dase.cu.cc. Hope this gets resolved.

06-18-11 09:04 PM
    I don't have a problem, but I'm using a Mac
    06-18-11 09:07 PM
    My Norton antivirus pops up and denies me access to CB Forums. It says there is a "Black Hole Toolkit Web Site 7" attack. This is the first time I've been able to get into the Forums all day today.
    06-18-11 10:41 PM
    i don't have a problem im on chrome, with kaspersky internet security
    06-18-11 11:06 PM
    It's doing it again after working for awhile. I wrote it down this time. Web attack: Blackhole Toolkit Website 7. The attacking computer is dase.cu.cc. Hope this gets resolved.

+1. I am experiencing this too and it made my Firefox freeze. Please solve this soon...
    06-19-11 03:15 AM
    My Norton antivirus pops up and denies me access to CB Forums. It says there is a "Black Hole Toolkit Web Site 7" attack. This is the first time I've been able to get into the Forums all day today.
    1. KILL NORTON before it kills ur comp(unless u have corp. edition), get avast! antivirus
    2. i have another link giving a trojan horse virus, http://crackberry.com/blackberry-playbook, it worried me so i thought i'd post it
    07-10-12 08:44 PM
    Yet again, another misinformed post. Google can only track you if you give them permission to do so.
    Google, FTC Near Settlement on Privacy - WSJ.com

$22.5 million, for circumventing privacy settings. As you said, "Yet again, another misinformed post. "
    07-10-12 11:40 PM
    See this lot in the computer business.... a lot of the Anti-Virus/Malware programs get a lttile over-zealous... If it was truely a trojan on this site.... you would see a lot more people really upset about it.... and actually report getting one..... a lot of members would voice their displeasure..... There have been a lot of files my computer that these programs scans and tells me are trojans. Learned a long time ago that you need to be careful but not paranoid either... Sites can get infected but well designed and mamaged sites like this one, tend to block or catch the issue.... I am more cocerned of the sites I know little about if warnings come up.....
    07-11-12 01:42 AM
    Coincidentally, a little over four months ago, I reported that a bannertracker script embedded in the drop-down quick style chooser form at the bottom of each CB forum page was generated repeated warnings from Trend Micro's OfficeScan, which is hard-installed on my office computer. I received no response, but it stopped after a week or so.

Now, in the last couple of days, OfficeScan is popping up from time to time with a variety of different warnings about links/ads/etc. on CB -- and only CB. Not that I feel "unsafe" here, but there is definitely something amiss, or at least something skating on the edge here.
    07-11-12 06:48 AM
    Not that I feel "unsafe" here, but there is definitely something amiss, or at least something skating on the edge here.
    It is happening because of all of us Android users and our malware infested Google phones.
    oldtimeBBaddict likes this.
    07-11-12 06:55 AM
    or it's just a false positive, the same as ones that happen everyday and all over the world.

smh...this isn't Android Central after all
    07-11-12 08:38 AM
    Coincidentally, a little over four months ago, I reported that a bannertracker script embedded in the drop-down quick style chooser form at the bottom of each CB forum page was generated repeated warnings from Trend Micro's OfficeScan, which is hard-installed on my office computer. I received no response, but it stopped after a week or so.

Now, in the last couple of days, OfficeScan is popping up from time to time with a variety of different warnings about links/ads/etc. on CB -- and only CB. Not that I feel "unsafe" here, but there is definitely something amiss, or at least something skating on the edge here.
    Depending on the settings applied by your office's antivirus admin, Trend can be a PITA for incorrectly flagging or blocking any site which includes advertising. There are many sites I can't reach from my work notebook because someone decided they should be on Trend's blacklist. Sometimes only one advert is blocked, sometimes the entire page or site.

CB uses ads provided by a third party contractor and we can't always control what they serve, or what they serve elsewhere which might lead to the contractor's domain getting into an alert list. Unfortunately the ads served can be different on each pass so simply reporting the CB host page doesn't help track the problem ad because it is not there by the time anyone else looks.

Best solution I've found... Firefox with Adblock+
    07-11-12 09:46 AM
    I just got slammed with a virus from one of the ad banners this morning. It is trying to send emails. I clicked a link that I had sent myself from home to review at the office and SEP opened up four alerts and later the email attempts started.
    07-30-12 02:09 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD