Seriously, what's going on with all of the rude posts lately? I am a "newbie" and have been on these boards since I got my 9700, around April. It seems like there are so many rude responses when a "newbie" asks a question. I spend hours looking for answers to questions I may have and sometimes it's just overwhelming. As much as I might like direction, I hesitate to ask. It seems a few people, namely those with a considerable amount of posts, think it's cool to put down a "newbie". If having 400 posts makes you better than 20 posts then you honestly need to look at yourself because no one should have to hesitate to ask if they need help! We've all been new at something. Make things easier on us "newbies" and just don't say anything because there are a lot of very helpful people on this board who are willing to respond in a very helpful and positive way.
    10-08-10 04:30 PM
    I'm not one of those people who would put anybody down. I feel you. I was a newbie back when I joined, it wasn't too long ago either.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-08-10 05:02 PM
    Do a search . . .if you don't get a result ask your question. Use the REPORT button if you get a nasty reply. From time to time I see too many rude posts also. I think there are too many that don't know the answer to a question so they try to act like a moderator but in a rude manner and just say do a search. By the time they get done lipping off they could have answered the question.
    10-08-10 05:07 PM
    I'm by no means a senior member you are referring to, and I'm only speaking for myself, but as long as you search around before posting a (seemingly) simple question I don't have a problem answering if I know the answer. It can get pretty annoying when you have 5 threads in a few day span asking the same exact question. I know most on here have no problem answering simple questions, I've learned a ton myself since I became an active member
    10-08-10 05:08 PM
    I'm not one of those people who would put anybody down. I feel you. I was a newbie back when I joined, it wasn't too long ago either.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    There ya go . . . now you have two of us that you can PM if nothing else.
    10-08-10 05:08 PM
    Seriously, what's going on with all of the rude posts lately? I am a "newbie" and have been on these boards since I got my 9700, around April. It seems like there are so many rude responses when a "newbie" asks a question. I spend hours looking for answers to questions I may have and sometimes it's just overwhelming. As much as I might like direction, I hesitate to ask. It seems a few people, namely those with a considerable amount of posts, think it's cool to put down a "newbie". If having 400 posts makes you better than 20 posts then you honestly need to look at yourself because no one should have to hesitate to ask if they need help! We've all been new at something. Make things easier on us "newbies" and just don't say anything because there are a lot of very helpful people on this board who are willing to respond in a very helpful and positive way.
    Some very good points made there

...and a gentle reminder to those of us who have been here a while to show a little more patience and respect to those who haven't.
    10-08-10 05:27 PM
    For everyone's sake, I hope the mods decide not to delete this thread. Maybe just moved to an appropriate sub forum and title changed, if any action is taken..

Things can easily get out of hand when people bring their ego's into the forum.
    Last edited by Spiral_ouT; 10-08-10 at 05:57 PM.
    10-08-10 05:55 PM
    Phill you're right on, we all need to show a little respect and patience...

My issues are the threads titled "Please Help" then a question that has been answered countless times. That if they would actually make a good thread title they would probably get their answer before they even created the thread.

I've also seen many threads with great titles, descriptive and straight to the point, which is awesome because that helps everyone. But... It's frustrating when I can take that title they created and copy/paste it word for word into Google, and every link on the first page is an answer to their question.

All I ask is for people to use a little common sense, newbies need to show respect and patience too. I'm sure about every question has been answered on here before, so it's good that some are brought up again, but there are many common ones that are easily answered with a few minutes looking around.
    10-08-10 05:58 PM
    No we won't delete this thread, Ive just moved it to a more appropriate forum so the discussion can continue.

We do realize that there are members that can be quick to jump on "newbies" for not searching etc... We do our best to keep things running smoothly, but at the same time we dont want to be censors. There is a lot that goes on behind the scenes too that may not be evident to the casual user. And dont be afraid to hit the report button if you notice someone out of line because with a forum this size there might be something we miss, but when you report a post we all get notified.
    10-08-10 06:02 PM
    There ya go . . . now you have two of us that you can PM if nothing else.
    LOL, I don't know why your response made me laugh...but it did! I, personally, have not been the recipient of a nasty or condescending reply but I've seen others who have been and other comments made about someones hesitance to ask questions for that reason. It just bugs me and I feel for them since I tend to spend an overabundance of time searching just to avoid someone unleashing their "evil internet twin" because I asked a question that annoyed them. I guess my tolerance of that stuff is in the you know what!

Oh, you might want to disable your pm or I may blow it up with questions!!
    Last edited by jsdaa; 10-08-10 at 06:58 PM.
    10-08-10 06:29 PM
    >>It seems a few people, namely those with a considerable amount of posts, think it's cool to put down a "newbie".<<

Don't feel apprehensive about posting. If you do get a tough response, blow it off. Getting answers is the precise reason for this forum.

Not sure if it is because I only frequent one of these forums (the 9700 forum), but I really have not found this to be particularly true at all. For me personally, I've asked a bunch of questions now, all of them pretty elemental, and never gotten a rude response, and have thought the high use people were pretty patient with me.

There have been a few threads where people responded harshly to questions about "the best apps," or the like. Other than that, I've only seen a couple of rude responses, one was a new member (I think) posting a snotty response to someone who tried to answer his question, and the other was one high use guy taking a shot at another high use guy.

If you use a relevant title (not, "please help," but one with the actual subject you are asking about), you will see a list of previous posts on that topic. Looking through those quickly, you can see if your questions have already been addressed many times.

My point is, if you have any questions at all, do a quick search, if you don't find a quick and easy answer, start a thread, browse the links your given quickly, and then ask your question. This is a great and helpful forum.
    10-08-10 06:31 PM
    >>It seems a few people, namely those with a considerable amount of posts, think it's cool to put down a "newbie".<<

Don't feel apprehensive about posting. If you do get a tough response, blow it off. Getting answers is the precise reason for this forum.

Not sure if it is because I only frequent one of these forums (the 9700 forum), but I really have not found this to be particularly true at all. For me personally, I've asked a bunch of questions now, all of them pretty elemental, and never gotten a rude response, and have thought the high use people were pretty patient with me.

There have been a few threads where people responded harshly to questions about "the best apps," or the like. Other than that, I've only seen a couple of rude responses, one was a new member (I think) posting a snotty response to someone who tried to answer his question, and the other was one high use guy taking a shot at another high use guy.

If you use a relevant title (not, "please help," but one with the actual subject you are asking about), you will see a list of previous posts on that topic. Looking through those quickly, you can see if your questions have already been addressed many times.

My point is, if you have any questions at all, do a quick search, if you don't find a quick and easy answer, start a thread, browse the links your given quickly, and then ask your question. This is a great and helpful forum.
    Oh yes! You've got in that statement.
    10-08-10 07:49 PM
    JESUS H. CHRIST!!!! IF YOU HAD SEARCHED YOU'D HAVE FOUND DOZENS OF
    THREADS ON THIS!!! GEEZE!!!!

Seriously (Yes, the above was a joke) ask all you want. There will always, no
    matter where you go be people who feel better by making others feel inferior but
    trust me, there are those of us here who will help. And if not, at least provide
    you hours of idle chatter and mindless entertainment.

Don't let the bad actors turn you away from the site.
    10-08-10 10:21 PM
    <<Don't let the bad actors turn you away from the site. >>

Definitely not....this site is the supplier to my new addiction.LOL

Seriously, I do appreciate the positive and sometimes very humorous feedback! Hopefully, some other "newbies" will get down here to read the responses.
    10-09-10 08:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD