i swear non of the phone winners on crackberry are based of a random draw. in fact, if you exhibit a good writing skill in your comment, you likely to be chosen!
    title says it all. tell me what do you think!
    Last edited by Amirberry; 05-19-15 at 12:17 PM.
    05-19-15 11:40 AM
    i think you made no sense at all in your post...
    SackHarry likes this.
    05-19-15 11:43 AM
    Why would you post your entire post in the title.
    05-19-15 12:14 PM
    Why would you post your entire post in the title.
    That's the worst part of this forum...
    05-19-15 12:17 PM
    I've had those days where I started drunk typing. Those are the best, cause once you sober up and go back and read what you typed you wonder how many people read your post.
    It's all good, happens a lot(at least to me)

Posted Via Red Passport
    05-19-15 12:23 PM
    I totally agree!

Posted via CB10
    05-19-15 12:44 PM
    So what! They are giveaways. Just participate if you like, and have fun. If you win something, well, lucky you!

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2744 on AT&T
    05-19-15 12:55 PM
    Say no to drugs.

-- Passport, VMO, Toronto CA
    moody likes this.
    05-19-15 01:37 PM
    Totally agree. And I'm sure they look at your post history and infractions as well before they decide. That's why I don't bother. I'm not going to write some BS heartwarming story to get a free phone. Plus they'll never give it to me with all my infractions and trolling. Lol.

They'll never admit it, but there's just no way it's 100% random.

Posted via CB10
    mkelley65 likes this.
    05-19-15 02:12 PM
    Even if it was true, it would be great policy to encourage better posts.

Spell check underlines misspelled words. Sure, it won't be perfect, but for Christ's sake, way too much crappy postings. Some basic checking before posting would be appreciated.

Posted via CB10

Edit: how are you even getting lower case words at the beginning of your sentences? It's capitalized automatically!
    05-19-15 02:47 PM
    Totally agree. And I'm sure they look at your post history and infractions as well before they decide. That's why I don't bother. I'm not going to write some BS heartwarming story to get a free phone. Plus they'll never give it to me with all my infractions and trolling. Lol.

They'll never admit it, but there's just no way it's 100% random.

Posted via CB10
    It's not fair if it's based on infractions. Definitely not fair

Posted via CB10
    MobileMadness002 likes this.
    05-19-15 02:53 PM
    I do not think any contest is 100% random. I do feel there are a few post that are picked and then from the few there is a random draw. But 100% random I am not sure but it just may be 90% random.
    05-19-15 03:00 PM
    I agree also.!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted via CB10
    05-19-15 03:18 PM
    I don't know if the contest is fair or not, random or not but at least somebody is getting a phone. It's just not you. Even if it's like what you say, why don't you use the same sweetheart approach to those contests? It's still no difference than a lottery.

Or probably proper English won them those phones jk

-Do you envy my Passport much?-
    05-19-15 04:04 PM
    Seeing as they're not obligated to give anybody a free phone, I'd say it's completely fair for them to choose whomever they want, regardless of the criteria...

 = ♥ | 8220, 8530, 9670, 9810, Q10, Passport
    05-19-15 04:10 PM
    Seeing as they're not obligated to give anybody a free phone, I'd say it's completely fair for them to choose whomever they want, regardless of the criteria...

 = ♥ | 8220, 8530, 9670, 9810, Q10, Passport
    It isn't fair if this is the case, because then they're giving false hope to people, which means that people are still clicking and posting on their articles, which means that their articles become more visible, which means more people click to see, which means that crackberry gets more money from ads on their site.

Basically, if they are really doing it by criteria and not informing us, then they are basically getting money by lying to us

Posted via CB10
    05-19-15 04:26 PM
    why do some of you think its not random?
    05-19-15 04:35 PM
    why do some of you think its not random?
    I don't know about others but I've noticed a consistency. All the winners have long posts about wanting to win a device for a loved one or because they can't afford to buy one. The posts tend to be very long, and written with exceptional style. There are no grammatical or punctuation errors

Posted via CB10
    05-19-15 04:43 PM
    Wrong, I won a "BlackBerry by choice" t-shirt. It was random.

Posted via CB10
    05-19-15 04:49 PM
    But you'll take the time to write that garbage? So negative.
    05-19-15 04:49 PM
    The Op was indeed a bit negative.

I, on the other hand, am discussing what I've noticed since my first day here at crackberry.

Posted via CB10
    05-19-15 04:52 PM
    It isn't fair if this is the case, because then they're giving false hope to people, which means that people are still clicking and posting on their articles, which means that their articles become more visible, which means more people click to see, which means that crackberry gets more money from ads on their site.

Basically, if they are really doing it by criteria and not informing us, then they are basically getting money by lying to us

Posted via CB10
    No one forces you to click on it and you, seemingly have very little understanding of how ads work. Aside from that, the contests are randomly chosen and always have been. Don't like it.. don't enter them. Plain and simple. You can stop contributing to this massive ad fund you seem to think we have by you simply not viewing a contest post.

Posts like OP's and yours are a big part of why I hate even doing contests around here these days. Nothing but sour grapes more often than not. I could kill contests and not lose any sleep (or ad revenue.. because you know, it doesn't exist from you reading/entering a contest post) but that would be unfair to the people who actually take it for what it is.
    bungaboy and to boldly go like this.
    05-19-15 05:17 PM
    No one forces you to click on it and you, seemingly have very little understanding of how ads work.
    Your post seemed a bit aggressive, but I understand since my posts could've come off as criticizing.

All I, and a lot of other members, want is to understand if it's truly random or not

Posted via CB10
    05-19-15 05:20 PM
    Your post seemed a bit aggressive, but I understand since my posts could've come off as criticizing.

All I, and a lot of other members, want is to understand if it's truly random or not

Posted via CB10
    Not aggressive. Just direct and to the point. As I generally always am.

Random.org is used for every one of the contests, so by our standards, it's random as random can get. You seem to think having good grammar is a sign of it not being random when really, we do edit some of the comments posted for content as we do with every post that goes up. Otherwise, would people be just commenting on how there's typos lol. Not like anyone would pay attention to a [sic].
    bungaboy and Michelle Haag like this.
    05-19-15 05:27 PM
    Not aggressive. Just direct and to the point. As I generally always am.
    Ok thanks

Posted via CB10
    05-19-15 05:31 PM
33 12