Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By Kevin Michaluk
  • 1 Post By Michelle Haag
  • 1 Post By Emu the Foo
  • 1 Post By nic0ck
  • 1 Post By sputneek
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    699 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default How does CB inform users that they won a contest?

I noticed last week that CB had a contest 4 users to leave a message in hopes of getting a Z10 for free. How does CB usually inform the individual that he/she has won? Anyone know?
    CrackBerry Newbie

Won a case a while back, got an email to ask for shipping address and stuff. Promptly received it about a week later.
    CrackBerry Founder

Global Posts
    3,763 Global Posts
    PIN
    It's complicated...

We're giving away a Z10 a week for the month of February.

Each week's new post will announce last week's winner. Plus start the new contest. Look for it on the homepage.

The winner is already picked for the first one... prepping the post shortly, so stay tuned!

(also, if you win we reach out to you promptly, in case you miss seeing the post)
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,040 Global Posts

They will have a winners posting once the contest ends
    Waterloo's Finest

Global Posts
    5,707 Global Posts

way back in the day while I was a lurker and just signed up I won a free app. They send you an email.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    Available upon request

Michelle emailed me for my mailing info a week after I won the holiday contest runner-up prize. The package arrived the following week.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    699 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

OHMIGAWD! I can't believe Kevin M. replied to my post.

Thanks Kevin and everyone else for the heads up. I was just wondering how it works.

I am super bummed Z10 isn't hitting T-Mobile till March 27th. That is like slow torture 4 me. What makes it worse is that i believe in March is when the classic plan gets taken away and i have been saving my upgrade 4 this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Hey guys, I won the 2011 Santa contest for the IOU for the new phone. I've been waiting soooooo long and am super excited to finally get my hands on the new Z10. I have two questions....
    1. Kevin could you please sign the inside back cover? I'd love to get your autograph. Thorsten's' autograph would be sweet too but I'm sure he's really busy these days . Showing off the new phone would make it so much more fun if its been autographed.
    2. Who do I send my address to to get it sent to me?
    Mobile Nations Staff

Global Posts
    2,012 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by steve911 View Post
    Hey guys, I won the 2011 Santa contest for the IOU for the new phone. I've been waiting soooooo long and am super excited to finally get my hands on the new Z10. I have two questions....
    1. Kevin could you please sign the inside back cover? I'd love to get your autograph. Thorsten's' autograph would be sweet too but I'm sure he's really busy these days . Showing off the new phone would make it so much more fun if its been autographed.
    2. Who do I send my address to to get it sent to me?
    Steve I'll be reaching out to everyone this week to get their shipping info and carrier info and stuff.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,270 Global Posts
    PIN
    330c56f6

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Michaluk View Post
    We're giving away a Z10 a week for the month of February.

Each week's new post will announce last week's winner. Plus start the new contest. Look for it on the homepage.

The winner is already picked for the first one... prepping the post shortly, so stay tuned!

(also, if you win we reach out to you promptly, in case you miss seeing the post)
    Do winners get an email Kevin?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by Emu the Foo View Post
    Not all.

I won a contest once. Followed instructions and sent follow up emails to support when I did not receive my prize. **** happens. Really turned me off from entering any future ones. I think it gets a bit overwhelming I assume.
    Mobile Nations Staff

Global Posts
    2,012 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Emu the Foo View Post
    Yes, I send the winners emails.
    sputneek likes this.
    Mobile Nations Staff

Global Posts
    2,012 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Drenis View Post
    Not all.

I won a contest once. Followed instructions and sent follow up emails to support when I did not receive my prize. **** happens. Really turned me off from entering any future ones. I think it gets a bit overwhelming I assume.
    Unless it's a 3rd party sponsored contest (for example a few unlock code contests we've done in the past), you will get an email from me, to the email address registered on the site. If you email support and it's regarding a 3rd party sponsored contest, we forward the email to the sponsor.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,270 Global Posts
    PIN
    330c56f6

Sweeeeeeeeeeettttttt!!!! I got a reply from michelle!!! Now I can scratch "reply from michelle" off my list! Now I just need one from Adam, b1aze, Kevin and Chris!!!
    Michelle Haag likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    448 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Michelle Haag View Post
    Unless it's a 3rd party sponsored contest (for example a few unlock code contests we've done in the past), you will get an email from me, to the email address registered on the site. If you email support and it's regarding a 3rd party sponsored contest, we forward the email to the sponsor.
    i won the "moron challenge app" (1/50) 3rd party sponsored, I didn't get a email but a quick message to Michelle a week later and all was sorted out in a few hours...
    Thanks again.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    -)

how are the winners chosen??
    Tim-ANC likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by nic0ck View Post
    This is a very important question that I have been wondering as well!
    Mobile Nations Staff

Global Posts
    2,012 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nic0ck View Post
    Depends on the contest.
    The majority are done at random. Spammers are eliminated then a randomly generated number is chosen from the eligible entries.
    Others have specific criteria and are judged by the CB or Mobile Nations team.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    -)

I ment the Z10 winning contest. With +6k entries are chosen randomly with a software/webpage or "by finger" ?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Everything as far as settings, email addresses and such were correct. I emailed support and heard not a peep. Its so far back it's really not worth the discussion. I'm just stating that sometimes things get missed or mishandled.

I certainly have no hard feelings.
    CrackBerry Genius

Feeling disheartened...but at least spammers get eliminated. (like all their entries get thrown out not just all but 1?)
    Mobile Nations Staff

Global Posts
    2,012 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Blackberry View Post
    Feeling disheartened...but at least spammers get eliminated. (like all their entries get thrown out not just all but 1?)
    Right, if you spam a contest and it's obvious it's spam and not just a posting glitch, you get eliminated from the contest. In extreme cases (like posting 1000s of comments in a single contest, which does happen) your posting privileges are blocked.

We really do try to make it as fair as possible for everyone.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Yes, I send the winners emails.
    Ya sure do and thanks for that!! Your Email alerted me to the community awards winners which I was fortunate enough to have won in. I was getting congratulated up, down and sideways by all kinds of people all over the place and only found out why, 'cause you told me!! Hehe. While I'm here, let me thank you for the great prize "package" you put together for me (and my wife lol) and also everyone else that was involved and, of course, my piers who voted for me. This is a great place to be and I was overwhelmed by this accolade. I also gotta thank "the boss" without whom this everything Blackberry go to site would not exist, so for THAT Kevin, I thank YOU! Cheers!
    Last edited by sputneek; 02-12-13 at 12:50 AM.
    Michelle Haag likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    437 Global Posts
    PIN
    Just Ask...

All this is good info. Just wish more contributing members won....seems most of the winners I have seen, very few have ever posted in any forum I have been in....and I am a creeper in the forums lol...
    CrackBerry Founder

Global Posts
    3,763 Global Posts
    PIN
    It's complicated...

Morpheus.. have you entered this FORUM ONLY contest yet?

http://forums.crackberry.com/contest...10-771257-new/

It's for the hardcore forum users to find....