Why does it seem the VZW boards are the worst offenders of people just going back and forth between each other. That's what a PM is for.

I've had my last of crackberry. There's no sense of community here, no sense of people wanting to help each other. Its all who knows more than someone else.

I know its called "crack"berry and all, but some of you seriously need to get a life and grow up.

I don't really care what you say about me once I'm gone. Just to let the moderators know. You see how many 1,000+ members are here and how few new members get over 100 posts before they give up?

Its pretty sad. Because when you google a lot of info, it leads you to crackberry. Then you want to post, but then after being attacked so many times. You give up.

I've moderated many other, unrelated forums before myself. I've never seen one allowed to get to where crackberry gets, and never like in the VZW board.

I'm over it. I don't care if you slam me or flam me, because I won't be around to read it. One more possible community member- gone. Not that you care. Otherwise it wouldve been stopped before I even became a member. This has clearly always been an issue and no one ever cared to resolve it.

I'll read the blogs still, but I'm off to enjoy my life.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-22-09 01:12 AM
    Looks like someone's a little buthurt after this post... http://forums.crackberry.com/f71/ver...ml#post2860484

06-22-09 01:36 AM
    I'm quite new here....but never had issues with someone, maybe the problem isn't crackberry or their members but the way you communicate (ask your questions, post remarks etc etc)?
    06-22-09 04:00 AM
    If you can't take the heat, stay out of the skillet.

You will be missed. Not!
    06-22-09 04:04 AM
    Its really no different then the other fan sites and forums that I follow. There are complaints like this on all of them.

06-22-09 08:04 AM
    I am a member of quite a few forums.. and this is the ONLY one that is allowed to come to "blows" in the threads. I actually got banned from another site because I said something was stupid...not someone something.... this site is out of control and the OP is right its a damn shame...so much knowledge..wasted. I am not leaving as I try to help when I can, I am a member at another site that no one has ever complained of flaming or anything...in fact the mods go by "your first flame will be your last"..

they dont even have a language edit on here any more you can say some things like **** and get that (its says ****)

but if i say I got ****..nothing . just not cool
    Last edited by chrisy520; 02-21-10 at 10:46 AM. Reason: Language
    06-22-09 08:30 AM
    Angela, I've witnessed your contributions in a couple of threads and not once have you not had a argument in there. I just went to the thread that vatothe0 linked in here, and you're talking to people like like they are mentally challenged. Respect others as you would want them to respect you back. I'm not trying to personally attack you, but I'm calling it as I see it.
    06-22-09 08:42 AM
    Jnepsa, your joking right? I see the same thing on other technical and political forums. This is nothing compared to the political forums! You are right snoot the swear filter though.

06-22-09 08:46 AM
    Jnepsa, your joking right? I see the same thing on other technical and political forums. This is nothing compared to the political forums! You are right snoot the swear filter though.

lol that filter needs some work, no political forums are way way worse than this, but the other tech forums i am a member of would not put up with the things that happen here. peopel with 3 posts or less posting speculation dates would have been deleted and IP banned for 6 months.. it is just a lil out of control here thats all
    06-22-09 08:49 AM
    they dont even have a language edit on here any more you can say some things like **** and get that (its says ****)

Wait, wait, wait, wait, waaaaaaaait a minute!!!!!!!

One of the reasons I began to frequent this site was because the language was "clean", so to speak.

I don't swear, and I don't care to read posts where people are swearing. However, if that's the way it's going to be, I have the choice of not coming to the site anymore. I don't want to stop coming here, but a bunch of swearing would be a bit much for me.

I also don't come here to fight and argue with anyone. I say what I have to say, and I keep it moving. The main reason everyone is here is to share and obtain fun/important information regarding Blackberry smartphones and information about the Blackberry world.

When your feelings get involved, that may be the best time to step back and keep cool, refrain from posting when angry and THINK before typing.
    In many cases, it may be smart to not reply at all. No one can argue with you or put you down if you're not talking back.

But back to the swearing..........I hope the swearing will continue to be edited, because I love coming to this site, and it would sorta be a deal breaker for me if it wasn't.
    06-22-09 08:55 AM
    lol that filter needs some work, no political forums are way way worse than this, but the other tech forums i am a member of would not put up with the things that happen here. peopel with 3 posts or less posting speculation dates would have been deleted and IP banned for 6 months.. it is just a lil out of control here thats all
    I think I understand what you're saying. CB Moderators should control what every member types in here, and if they think the members posts wasn't worthy enough, delete the posts and IP banned them for 6 months. Got it. I make a thread saying that the BlackBerry Tour will be announced on July 11th, and I post the reason why. My join date is June 22th, 2009 and my post date is 1. I should be banned for that? Hmm, I think that's brilliant. Mods, take notice on this excellent plan.
    06-22-09 08:56 AM
    I was going to multi-quote, but decided against it.

Not much here out of control except for a few people who like to dish it out, but can't take it, or those who hold grudges.

Spend a week on arstechnica, a site many times more popular than this one. If your little feelings are hurt here, arstechnica will cause you to shed tears until your computer shorts out.

No one has the right to not be offended. No one has the right to be right, especially when they are wrong.

My attitude toward the thin-skins? Please feel free to take your toys & go home.

06-22-09 09:02 AM
    Over 1.2 million members...8700+ which are online now... This reminds me of when i was 15 and worked at McDonalds... Customer freaking out saying she is never coming to McDonalds again, all we had to do was point at the "over 80 billion served" sign and say "have a nice day"
    06-22-09 09:15 AM
    Angela: Many of your posts are helpful and not inflamatory in the least bit. I would suggest, however, that you may not be the best CB member to comment about "community." A few examples (in addition to the one posted in #2 above):

http://forums.crackberry.com/f71/ver...ml#post2860603 (posted 30+ mins AFTER she said above she was leaving CB)

http://forums.crackberry.com/f141/to...ml#post2851928

http://forums.crackberry.com/f40/ver...ml#post2790841

I know my post won't ruffle your feathers because you've left CB and won't be here to read it.
    Last edited by crackberryfan; 06-22-09 at 10:38 AM.
    06-22-09 09:46 AM
    One more cry baby gone. Too many more to go.

06-22-09 10:29 AM
    OP has spoken and other will just act childish and flame the OP. Nothing more good will come out of this so thread is closed.
    06-22-09 11:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD