CrackBerry is still a daily read for me. Love it.

Posted via CB 10 on my Z30 (STA100-5) w 10.3.1.1151
    12-13-14 11:24 AM
    The kind of editorial articles and Bla1ze just speaking his mind or on a podcast is missing.
    I honestly don't have great constructive criticism like the moderator dude wants, because it's some intangible thing that feels different in the forums and posts compared to when I joined a few years ago.

I'll add the CB channel again, I had deleted it months ago because it felt redundant when also using the CB10. But I'll give it a try again.
    It's not about the stories or amount of news, it's almost like CrackBerry doesn't have that "badass" persona and it's more "serious" and business-like now. I hope Bla1ze isn't being held back from going with his gut.
    I'm afraid that one of these days we'll have Bla1ze on a podcast wearing a suit and tie lol.

Something as silly as when there was the big deal over everyone wanting the CrackBerry stickers a while back. Or the BlackBerry Phone birthday cake from an old post. Some of that "stuff that only CB would do" is missing.

The news part is fine. Just that "stuff that only ppl smarter than me will be able to identify" stuff that seems to be missing from the front page and the posts.

Frosty White Q10/10.3.1.1949
    Last edited by jope28; 01-05-15 at 10:47 PM.
    FirstBerry101 likes this.
    01-05-15 10:32 PM
    Yup.

Posted via CB10
    01-05-15 11:09 PM
    I have enjoyed CB this year. To be quite frank i found so much negativity in the forums back in 2013. With a lot of negatively surrounding RIM/Blackberry the negative vibe trickled into the threads....positive signs were quickly turned negative by some "members". Generally i have found 2014 was more upbeat largely to due with Chen's turn around. The company is in far better shape today than they were a year ago. There has been so much positive news for BlackBerry enthusiasts.

Looking forward to an awesome 2015!

Executive Producer of a Top Secret BBM Group of Losers that doesn't Exist via my Canadian Passport
    01-05-15 11:52 PM
    Check BBM channels, check Twitter. I've be constantly told in the past people don't want iOS, Android or Windows Phone news on a BlackBerry site, so we've decreased all those posts and reduced them to BBM Channel announcements, Tweeting them via their respective sites such as iMore, Windows Central and Android Central when they post about it. So which is it? Do you want the cross-platform news or not? I still have hate mail from mentioning other devices in my email, so please decide so I can prepare accordingly lol.

(PS: A good friend told me our BBM channel sucked? What did I do? I fixed and started posting news THERE even before the blogs and since taking over and increasing the posts there, the channel engagement and views have gone up 5%. If it's not on the blogs, then I suggest you check the channel. Especially if you're looking for news about some minor update to whatever app in the beta zone because most of that stuff isn't very exciting for a blog post.)
    That's a really good idea. Also, you could post non BlackBerry related news and other tech related news on Channels. There are many people like myself who are interested in what's happening with other tech companies. For example, if Apple announces something which you think is interesting then you can post it on the channel with a short description and a link to imore or wherever the news has been posted. That ways you can keep both the sides happy.

Posted via CB10
    01-06-15 01:51 AM
    It's the moderators fault. This whole forum became boring because of them. When they appear, all do and post is a threat and close the thread. As for the blog, it's more like a computer generated blog. So static.

Symbian is still and always my favourite Os. Nokia 808. FilePLAY Music Player
    01-09-15 10:09 AM
    PS really like Bla1ze I think he is awesome. And even if I think cb has gone down hill since the cage Michaels fisaco .... I still check cb fifty eight million times a day.

Posted via CB10
    01-09-15 11:55 AM
    It's the moderators fault. This whole forum became boring because of them. When they appear, all do and post is a threat and close the thread. As for the blog, it's more like a computer generated blog. So static.

Symbian is still and always my favourite Os. Nokia 808. FilePLAY Music Player
    As long as we keep hearing we're under moderating from some, and over from others, we must be doing things right.
    01-09-15 01:50 PM
83 ... 234