Should learn to sleep more

Blackbird Q10 latest OS
    12-06-14 10:09 PM
    Op wasn't talking about the editorials he was talking about the forums! The forums are boring these days

Posted via CB10
    12-07-14 12:50 AM
    It has been rather boring I must say add.

Posted via CB10
    12-07-14 01:14 AM
    The op said CB as in general from what I perceived.

Posted via CB10
    12-07-14 01:17 AM
    Not CB's fault. There isn't much happening in BlackBerry land. Let's wait until next week, we have classic to come out.

Posted via CB10
    Chrisy likes this.
    12-07-14 02:19 AM
    Not CB's fault. There isn't much happening in BlackBerry land. Let's wait until next week, we have classic to come out.

Posted via CB10
    Yawn....

BlackBerry hates America!
    12-07-14 02:37 AM
    A new leak wout be nice 10.3.1.1200+...
    12-07-14 04:31 AM
    A nice, short and passionate retro unboxing about a legacy Device would refresh some things.

Or, I prefer the cool stickers and sale article more. Lulz

Posted via CB10
    12-07-14 05:35 AM
    So if I move this to site feedback and make the title more descriptive, would I be over-moderating?

Pretty sure we have one of these discussions at least once yearly. IMO, it was peaking about 2010 in off topic, and the rest of the forum has never been boring. Just gotta look for the excitement, or create some yourself. It would help if BlackBerry had something for the majority to get excited about , and...

We are missing some spark from CBK, but that's another thread started recently, where this is heading.
    12-07-14 07:51 AM
    I don't agree with how the mods try to keep every click inside Crackberry. A lot of times people post interesting links to stories that other Blackberry fan sites have written that I otherwise would miss but they are immediately locked or removed because they want all the clicks to take place inside Crackberry. I understand they compete with these other sites but people could read the articles and still discuss them here. Just the other day someone posted a link to an interesting article on N4BB and a mod came in and closed it and said that it wasn't allowed and that any story on BB will come from Crackberry and that it would also be a more professional and better written article. Really? No offense but Crackberry writers aren't the only ones who can write well written articles about Blackberry.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    12-07-14 07:55 AM
    To add to my previous post, I find CB forums full of helpful people and topics. Even though I haven't been able to purchase the Passport yet I go through and subscribe to topics that might and possibly will be helpful in the future.
    There is another Blackberry forum that I keep an eye on, it seems to be full of CB bashing, games, and childish gobbely gook that, thankfully, hasn't caught on here.
    The CB forums and members make this the top notch go to place for all things Blackberry (I think I just heard my Note2 crying).
    Umaima_B_Dia likes this.
    12-07-14 09:03 AM
    The new BlackBerry management has righted the ship compared to 2013 (with the exception of retail). BlackBerry is no longer bleeding cash and headed towards bankruptcy. Therefore the forums and blogs are a lot tamer.

However, I agree with previous sentiments that there should be more in depth analysis and content about the corporation's new direction. BlackBerry is gradually abandoning the consumer market but it's still important to report on strategies that impact the bottom line of the company. The big push is enterprise and it's hard to be convinced CrackBerry has a full grasp of that.
    12-07-14 09:09 AM
    I don't agree with how the mods try to keep every click inside Crackberry. A lot of times people post interesting links to stories that other Blackberry fan sites have written that I otherwise would miss but they are immediately locked or removed because they want all the clicks to take place inside Crackberry. I understand they compete with these other sites but people could read the articles and still discuss them here. Just the other day someone posted a link to an interesting article on N4BB and a mod came in and closed it and said that it wasn't allowed and that any story on BB will come from Crackberry and that it would also be a more professional and better written article. Really? No offense but Crackberry writers aren't the only ones who can write well written articles about Blackberry.
    I thought you just weren't allowed to "post a link and run". You have to add something to the discussion. Of course, if the same "news" is already reported by CB, then I believe the policy is to give preference to a link to the CB article.

The problem is that people just rush to copy-paste a url in order to be the first one, and fail to provide their thoughts or a reason why they are posting it.

Posted via CB10
    Umaima_B_Dia and BigBadWulf like this.
    12-07-14 09:11 AM
    I thought you just weren't allowed to "post a link and run". You have to add something to the discussion. Of course, if the same "news" is already reported by CB, then I believe the policy is to give preference to a link to the CB article.

The problem is that people just rush to copy-paste a url in order to be the first one, and fail to provide their thoughts or a reason why they are posting it.

Posted via CB10
    LoL@First!! yeah, those Linkers with no value.
    12-07-14 09:19 AM

Posted via CB10
    It wasn't a "link and run." Someone posted the link and asked if anyone had seen it or had thoughts on it. A mod came in and said no links to outside articles would be allowed and that any article written on BB should be read at Crackberry as it would be a better written and more thorough article here. Again no offense to Crackberry, but the writers here aren't winning any awards any time soon and the majority of stuff posted these days is stuff listed in their store anyway. Anyway not a big deal I just thought the mods comment that that Crackberry's writers were the only ones who could write a good article was bush league.
    12-07-14 09:21 AM
    Not CB's fault. There isn't much happening in BlackBerry land.
    There's lots happening in BlackBerry land. Just not in consumer, which is CrackBerry's bread and butter.
    southlander likes this.
    12-07-14 09:21 AM
    Maybe there is actually less problems with these phones so people are coming here less and less.

Of course us that do leaks will always have problems.

Posted via CB10
    moody likes this.
    12-07-14 10:36 AM
    Just before and just after the BB10 launch, CB was having a party that lasted about six months. We're just hungover with no new party in the calendar.

Z30 STA 100-2
    BigBadWulf, grover5 and Bbnivende like this.
    12-07-14 11:33 AM
    The forums are great but the stories on the main Page are getting terrible. Honestly they need to get some better writers.