Some pretty sweet news for us today. Avatars are now supported by Mobile Nations Passport! This replaces the previous method of uploading your avatar via the forums. Now you can upload your avatar in one spot (your Passport account page) and it will show up on ALL Mobile Nations sites where you participate. It's one avatar to rule them all!

Some key things you should know:

- To access this new feature, simply click on the cogwheel at the top right hand corner of the site when logged in, and then click on 'Your Account'. Click your avatar, and ALL of your existing avatars are available in a gallery.

- If you have tied your account to single sign-ons (Facebook, Twitter, Google, Microsoft, etc.), you'll also find these avatars in your gallery! + Gravatar too!

- From there, you can select a different avatar or even re-crop existing ones. If you don't like any of the avatars you have in your account, you can also upload a new avatar.

- We can accept avatars up to 500x500 pixels.

- If you had multiple avatars, we've picked one of your avatars to use as your new default avatar. It has been cropped to 100x100 pixels as well. If you had a larger avatar, it may be cropped! You can easily recrop or change the avatar under Your Account.

This is a cleaner, more robust system than we had before. Even if you only participate in one forum, you're going to want to give this a look.

We're also rolling out avatar integration into the blog comments as well (it's already supported on AndroidCentral, iMore and WPCentral), so do take a few moments to 'spiffy' up your avatar.

Note to Tapatalk users: You can continue to upload avatars via Tapatalk - they will get uploaded seamlessly to your passport profile page.

That's it for now folks, let me know what you think!
    11-27-12 05:43 PM
    What is the best size?

500x500 or 100x100?
    11-27-12 06:19 PM
    The higher the better. For now we will scale it down and use 100x100 image in the forum sidebar, but on the upcoming user profile pages we plan to use larger images.
    11-27-12 07:42 PM
    Very cool I noticed that you can change your username in there too; can I request that support for parenthesis is added?
    11-27-12 11:01 PM
    At this point we only support /^[A-Za-z0-9]+(?:[ _][A-Za-z0-9]+)*$/ in order to make username more human readable, but will take the request into consideration.
    11-28-12 07:27 AM
    My avatar is not working. BooHoo!!
    11-28-12 11:47 AM
    Went in and resaved it for you...

~ Steph
    11-28-12 01:42 PM
    Looks good to me! Did you fix it or are you still having problems?

Er.... Nevermind, Steph must have replied just as I was typing Enjoy!
    11-28-12 01:44 PM
    I don't know if it was Steph or me, because I was changing the size to 250x250.
    11-28-12 02:45 PM
    Good stuff! Go Passport!!
    11-28-12 03:09 PM
    Check out the new avatar!!!!!
    11-28-12 07:22 PM
    QUOTE=James Falconer;7750563

Some key things you should know:

- To access this new feature, simply click on the cogwheel at the top right hand corner of the site when logged in, and then click on 'Your Account'. Click your avatar, and ALL of your existing avatars are available in a gallery.

Followed the steps, but won't let me click on my avatar, but have to use the 'Change Avatar' link. Then I see the avatars in my gallery.

- From there, you can select a different avatar or even re-crop existing ones. If you don't like any of the avatars you have in your account, you can also upload a new avatar.

When I try to drag and drop to the empty square space, it will not show it there. There are no options to re-crop or re-size. If I try to upload a new avatar, it will only put it in my gallery, and will not let me change the avatar from what I have now. I don't have an option to delete any of the avatars in my gallery.

- We can accept avatars up to 500x500 pixels.
    I did re-size my newest avatar to 500x500 before I uploaded, and have tried several times to get the new avatar in the square to adjust, but doesn't work.

- If you had multiple avatars, we've picked one of your avatars to use as your new default avatar. It has been cropped to 100x100 pixels as well. If you had a larger avatar, it may be cropped! You can easily recrop or change the avatar under Your Account.

This option is not available in 'Your Account' for me.

I know I'm late to the party, but have tried several times to get this to work. I am on Win7 using IE.
    I must be doing something wrong, so any other suggestions would be appreciated!
    12-08-12 11:34 AM
    Try using a different browser to see if that helps; looks like there's an issue selecting images with IE.

~Steph
    jafobabe likes this.
    12-08-12 03:41 PM
    Ah ok @Steph I'll try that. When will it be fixed for IE?
    12-08-12 03:53 PM
    That worked!! My thanks button has disappeared, but will come back later to properly give a big Thank you !
    12-08-12 04:40 PM
    skoenig does it again!
    12-09-12 11:42 AM
    Quick, if belated followup. This issue has been resolved for IE.

Now we have new IE9 issue which we're tracking for 2 members, so please let me know if you're using IE and it asks you what you want to do with 'passport_server.js'

~Steph
    01-04-13 01:38 AM
    I can upload multiple avatars, but I'm unable to Save it thus change it. I already sent an e-mail regarding this problem to support a while ago without result. Perhaps you guys can help me?
    01-23-13 09:58 AM
    @H4zN I'm looking at it now... your avatar might change a bit as I try things out.

~Steph
    H4zN likes this.
    01-23-13 10:50 AM
    We reset permissions... try now.

~ Steph
    H4zN likes this.
    01-23-13 10:55 AM
    We reset permissions... try now.

~ Steph
    It works! Thanks a lot Steph!
    01-23-13 11:42 AM
    H4zN,

If you run into any further issues, please let me know!
    H4zN likes this.
    01-23-13 12:01 PM