Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    CrackBerry Founder

Global Posts
    3,764 Global Posts
    PIN
    It's complicated...
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Forums Announcement - 04/22/2009 - Good things Happening!

Hey CrackBerry Nation,

As we approach 1 Million registered members at CrackBerry.com, I'm happy to make this post today. 2008 was a big year for us - and even into the first few months of 2009 we had our hands full just trying to get the servers keep up with our growth in traffic. Now that things are a lot more reliable on that front (always room for us to improve) as we move through 2009 and into 2010 we're putting our focus on further improving and growing CrackBerry.com's content and community. There are many areas where we're doing well but I know can be improved (and we plan to tackle them all with time), and today's announcement marks the start of many good things that will come over the months ahead.

New Forums Managers!

Adam Zeis (formerly azeis) and Bla1ze have both joined the CrackBerry team. Taking a step up from their roles as volunteer Executive Forums Moderators, Adam and Bla1ze are both going by the titles of Editor, Forums Manager. Adam will be working with us full time (days - EST) and Bla1ze will be half-time evenings/nights.

While the job tasks of these positions do extend beyond the forums, as Forums Managers the major function of these newly created positions is to help us do a more comprehensive and consistent job in managing the hustling and bustling CrackBerry forums. The Forums Managers will work directly with me and the volunteer moderation team to ensure we're doing the best job we can. And when it comes to the forum moderation rules that sometimes need to be enforced (member conduct stuff, forum policy, etc.), it will be the forums managers who take action on these items. This will ensure consistency and equal treatment to all members of the site.

On the content side of things, you've probably noticed Bla1ze and Adam showing up more in the homepage blogs already, but they'll also be putting a big focus on content and organization within the forums and mobile site as well. If you click through to http://m.crackberry.com you'll already find the new OTA Apps Directory at the top which is Adam's handywork.

All said, it's going to mean good things for CrackBerry.com all around. Welcome to the team Adam and Bla1ze!

Engaging Our Community!

We have soooo many knowledgeable, talented and loyal members here and every week I receive emails or PMs from members wanting to help out more on the site, be it on the moderation team, writing an article or two for the blogs, or otherwise. The passion for the site amazes me everyday. In the past I've often had to say stay tuned... there simply wasn't the time to run the day to day and take on more (though I would have liked to). Moving ahead, we're going to do a much better job of giving members the chance to do more on the site.

Though we have two new 'company' forums managers, the role of the volunteer moderation team is as important as ever - lead by example, assist the community, keep the spam and trolls out, and try and stay on top of the thousands of posts being made daily on the site. We're going to increase the transparency here and give more members the chance to help out on the boards. More to come on this...

And on the editorial and other contribution side, our CrackBerry 2.0 planning/work is already on the way, and in that we have some good things planned. But as that gets built, in the meantime there's still ways for us to get your voices heard beyond the forum community if you so desire. You may have recently noticed on the blogs articles by members other than the usual suspects (duvi, chaz and CX each did some BB 101s)... we're going to give more members that sort of opportunity if they so desire. More to come on this too...

Good Things Coming

Per usual, this is way too long. But I hope you're as excited by the announcement as I am. We'll follow up with some more details as noted above, but with this post we're really signaling the start of more good things for both forum members and CrackBerry Nation as a whole.

Keep Crack'n!

Kevin
    Former Rock Star

Global Posts
    5,435 Global Posts
    PIN
    Na Fo Fo Na Fa Fo Fo

Congrats, boys!
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    9,187 Global Posts

Yep, congrats to Adam and Bla1ze.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Congrats to you both
    Retired Moderator

This certainly marks a milestone in CrackBerry Nation's history. We now have professional moderation. Dedicated members that, like cream, have risen to the top.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin
    the role of the volunteer moderation team is as important as ever - lead by example, assist the community, keep the spam and trolls out, and try and stay on top of the thousands of posts being made daily on the site. ...
    Changes behind the scenes mean even quicker responses to problem reports. We can take care of the issues as soon as they are reported. We have the ultimate personal communications devices on the planet.

CrackBerry Abuser

Congrats to all! Also, I may be behind the times here but I'm liking the new title Kevin...
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    282 Global Posts

Congrats....keep up the good work folks. There's a lot of us out here in Crackberryland that are depending on you !!
    Retired Mod

Global Posts
    14,284 Global Posts

Congrats to you both!

just noticed this... love the new title Kevin.
    CrackBerry Founder

Global Posts
    3,764 Global Posts
    PIN
    It's complicated...
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  

Quote Originally Posted by JOE91313 View Post
    Congrats to all! Also, I may be behind the times here but I'm liking the new title Kevin...
    Now that Adam and Bla1ze have my old title...I needed a new one for myself. I think Founder, Fearless Leader of CrackBerry Nation should look pretty cool on a business card (assuming it fits)
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    748 Global Posts
    PIN
    31100F95

Haha! That's awesome Kevin!

Congratz you two, you both deserve it!

I'm very excited to see these changes you guys are talking about.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,828 Global Posts

Congratulations, Adam and Bla1ze!
    Seeker of the Way

Global Posts
    17,826 Global Posts

Congrats guys and keep up the great work!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    30BABA0B

Hey congrats gentleman, like the new title Kevin!!
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,861 Global Posts

Always good to hear news like this

congrats to the new mods
    CrackBerry Abuser

Very nice! Congrats to both and looking forward to the future of this site!
    Retired Superstar

Global Posts
    19,655 Global Posts

Congrats Adam and Blaze. Job well done and keep up the good work. You guys providing endless amount of information to the Crackberry Community awesome! Congrats to you both!

Kevin, Great new title. very unique. Looking forward to Crackberry 2.0!!!! I'm sure you will be very busy in the coming months and having Adam and Blaze at your sides will make this place even better!

Rock On!!!
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    2,327 Global Posts

congrats guys!

as for the new title kevin, that is sweet! i'd love to see the look on somones face if you hand a card with that on there. i would also make them call you the illustrious potentate! ooh and a ring on the pinky finger is a must, a little crackberry symbol! LOL

you guys keep up all the good work on this site, its been a fun ride learning all about my berry's here. hope to learn much more in the future!

Congrats, keep up the great work!
    Super Bad

Global Posts
    11,937 Global Posts

As large as CB has become I welcome the increase in organization of content and forums. I know I'm always wanting to do more myself.
    Last edited by sunkast; 04-22-09 at 02:23 PM.
    Retired Admin

Global Posts
    3,240 Global Posts

Thanks all. Much appreciated.
    Q&A Jedi

Global Posts
    37,972 Global Posts
    PIN
    PIN:K Floyd!

Congrats Adam & Bla1ze! Well earned!
    Distinguished

Global Posts
    18,051 Global Posts
    PIN
    Pin Point Accuracy

...nicely done boys...
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    BALL

Congrats to you both! Kevin I must say I'm looking forward to more information on getting the community involved further. This is an amazing site with SO MUCH info! I would certainly be interested in assisting. Keep up the amazing work!
    Retired Forums Moderator

Global Posts
    7,336 Global Posts
    PIN
    yep.

Two awesome choices Kevin. Congrats to both of you!
    Retired Forums Moderator

Congrats guys!

Kevin - I thought you didn't carry business cards, just your Coveroo???
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast