View Poll Results: Would you like to see when a user receives a warning or an infraction on their profile?

Voters
121. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

68 56.20%
  • No

53 43.80%
    This thread is STILL going?

Maybe if BD doesn't like the current set up, he can just move along to another forum. Most people don't have any real issues with the way things are now, so why change them for one person? Here's a PRO tip for the interwebz: If you don't like a site, don't visit it. If you don't like what someone is saying, (and can't stand that others don't think the way you do), ignore them, or don't visit the site. If you feel you MUST visit the site, despite all that may or may not be wrong with it, then stop exfoliating and grow some thicker skin. Otherwise, sit back, relax, and enjoy discussions with different points of views.
    11-07-12 11:04 AM
    Past actions are past actions. As the saying goes, the bell cannot be un-rung. Past actions speak to character, good or bad, for anyone. Everyone is judged on them after an initial meeting. This is not singling you out or anything of the like. PP is judged on hers, Q on hers, yours on your past actions, and I am on mine. This is just how it goes with any reputation system. (including the one in real life). Regardless of severity, if there is a pattern identified, true or not, it sticks.

If anyone watches the presidential (or any electoral) race, you will see this done constantly. What you say, what you do, is how you present yourself. It could be seconds ago, months ago, years ago. If someone remembers it, and it is even tangentially related to the situation, it will come up. Thats why people look back to college histories on Presidents etc. Something that is decades old is brought up and used for or against them.

This is not to say there can not be atonement or reconciliation. It just says that past actions, and more specifically the length, severity, and number of times, can make those much more difficult.
    Right, and a bit ironic to acuse me of having a problem with her when she's constantly bringing old stuff up don't you think?
    11-07-12 11:10 AM
    Right, and a bit ironic to acuse me of having a problem with her when she's constantly bringing old stuff up don't you think?
    It's not that old, and I even specifically asked why you had a problem with me since you've been back. Sure we've disagreed (a lot) in the past, but since you've been back you're he|| bent on putting words in my mouth and twisting stuff around. That's never happened before, hence why I asked why you seem to have a problem with me now.
    11-07-12 11:13 AM
    This thread is STILL going?

Maybe if BD doesn't like the current set up, he can just move along to another forum. Most people don't have any real issues with the way things are now, so why change them for one person? Here's a PRO tip for the interwebz: If you don't like a site, don't visit it. If you don't like what someone is saying, (and can't stand that others don't think the way you do), ignore them, or don't visit the site. If you feel you MUST visit the site, despite all that may or may not be wrong with it, then stop exfoliating and grow some thicker skin. Otherwise, sit back, relax, and enjoy discussions with different points of views.
    Different points of view are different points of view but what do you call it when somebody is publicly ridiculed for holding a different point of view?
    daveycrocket likes this.
    11-07-12 11:15 AM
    I can see both sides. I can see where you have jumped to conclusions on her posts, and I can see where she has become frustrated at yours (perhaps a bit quicker because of fairly recent history) and brought up the past in those posts. While she needs to be mindful of that, you also have a part in all of this. Neither side is innocent, and neither is guilty. This thread is (when on topic) about past actions. I refer to what I said that you quoted, past actions WILL be brought up, you had to have expected that given the initial topic.

Let me add, I dont know what recent activities to which she is referring, and honestly it doesnt matter to me. I am here to speak my mind, and enjoy the forums and help people where and when I can.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    11-07-12 11:16 AM
    It's not that old, and I even specifically asked why you had a problem with me since you've been back. Sure we've disagreed (a lot) in the past, but since you've been back you're he|| bent on putting words in my mouth and twisting stuff around. That's never happened before, hence why I asked why you seem to have a problem with me now.
    In my view you're describing your behavior towards me, ever since I came back, not waisting an oportunety to engage and challenge me to an unwanted argument.

Edit, if you would count how many times you comented on my posts since I came back and whow many times I comented on your posts you might agree with my point of view.
    11-07-12 11:17 AM
    We get it. The interwebz r sirius bizness.

This thread was still passive aggressively started to do nothing more than start trouble, something the OP is rather well known for.

Same old same old.

I've got blisters on me fingers!!! from using Tapatalk 2
    The nature of passive aggressive is that it is anger is demonstrated in a passive way like being silent where interaction is wanted.
    11-07-12 11:18 AM
    In my view you're describing your behavior towards me, ever since I came back, not waisting an oportunety to engage and challenge me to an unwanted argument.
    See where this starts to get fun? You both think the other is doing the exact same thing lol
    11-07-12 11:19 AM
    So everyone use the Ignore feature and continue to ignore quotes of persons you are ignoring. Take your own advise.

I have no one on ignore and plan to keep it that way since some I might choose to ignore also have helped or have good post at times. Maybe I should as sometimes I just can't restrain myself lol.
    11-07-12 11:21 AM
    So everyone use the Ignore feature and continue to ignore quotes of persons you are ignoring. Take your own advise.

I have no one on ignore and plan to keep it that way since some I might choose to ignore also have helped or have good post at times. Maybe I should as sometimes I just can't restrain myself lol.
    We could always go ad naseum with that. Start with ignoring one person. Ignore anyone that quotes that person. Then ignore anyone that quotes the person you ignored for quoting the first person you ignored, etc. Pretty soon you will run out of posts to view lol
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    11-07-12 11:23 AM

For being on so many people's ignore list (apparently) I feel anything but ignored
    Sith_Apprentice and kbz1960 like this.
    11-07-12 11:25 AM

Edit, if you would count how many times you comented on my posts since I came back and whow many times I comented on your posts you might agree with my point of view.
    Consider the content of your posts and your bizarre claims, though. If you look through your post history since coming back, you can see where you are playing nice for awhile and then there's a sharp turn to antagonizing. And I never put words in your mouth or tried to twist things.
    reeneebob likes this.
    11-07-12 11:26 AM

This. I don't like labeling people. If I start ignoring people I don't agree with, I think are trolls, etc then I certainly might miss a genuine nugget of wisdom that proves to be very helpful, thought provoking, etc.
    kbz1960 and Toodeurep like this.
    11-07-12 11:28 AM
    Consider the content of your posts and your bizarre claims, though. If you look through your post history since coming back, you can see where you are playing nice for awhile and then there's a sharp turn to antagonizing. And I never put words in your mouth or tried to twist things.
    Ah but you did, you claimed I called somebody disloyal to BlackBerry when I never said such thing.
    11-07-12 11:30 AM
    Alright, I can see only three ways to resolve this.

First - Bare knuckle boxing match
    Second - Both of you get locked into a room with significant amounts of booze until you get along
    Third - Both apologize, and move on
    11-07-12 11:37 AM
    We could always go ad naseum with that. Start with ignoring one person. Ignore anyone that quotes that person. Then ignore anyone that quotes the person you ignored for quoting the first person you ignored, etc. Pretty soon you will run out of posts to view lol
    LOL I'm not saying ignore the person that quoted them but to ignore the quoted post unless you think people can't restrain themselves.
    11-07-12 11:37 AM
    LOL I'm not saying ignore the person that quoted them but to ignore the quoted post unless you think people can't restrain themselves.
    But but... where is the fun in that?
    11-07-12 11:38 AM
    I can see both sides. I can see where you have jumped to conclusions on her posts, and I can see where she has become frustrated at yours (perhaps a bit quicker because of fairly recent history) and brought up the past in those posts. While she needs to be mindful of that, you also have a part in all of this. Neither side is innocent, and neither is guilty. This thread is (when on topic) about past actions. I refer to what I said that you quoted, past actions WILL be brought up, you had to have expected that given the initial topic.

Let me add, I dont know what recent activities to which she is referring, and honestly it doesnt matter to me. I am here to speak my mind, and enjoy the forums and help people where and when I can.

The recent activities Pantless is referencing were from last week. A thread regarding BB vs. the competition. Or some such title.

In that thread there were several statements made that resulted in my decision to use the Ignore functionality. The statements that were made included things such as referring to using several phones as having "first world problems", having "single child syndrome", lacking loyalty to RIM, correlating Android devices to women of large size, etc.

I found the statements so distasteful that, coupled with other discussions in other threads, I decided to use the Ignore functionality.

These events happened over the course of the last couple of weeks.
    Last edited by qbnkelt; 11-07-12 at 12:06 PM.
    pantlesspenguin and reeneebob like this.
    11-07-12 11:39 AM
    I feel anything but ignored
    I knew this thread had an agenda...

This whole thread makes my kids petty bickering seem deep and creative.

/unsubscribed
    Last edited by TheScionicMan; 11-07-12 at 11:42 AM. Reason: Leaving this pitiful mess
    11-07-12 11:40 AM
    I knew this thread had an agenda...

This whole thread makes my kids petty bickering seem deep and creative.

/unsubscribed

Last edited by TheScionicMan; Today at 12:42 PM. Reason: Leaving this pitiful mess
    haha
    TheScionicMan likes this.
    11-07-12 11:43 AM
    Yeah, as fun as it is, a random visitor may see the reply count and assume its helpful. /unsubscribe too.
    11-07-12 11:45 AM
    Ok I think this thread has run it's course. Folks, take some deep breaths, go outside and smell some flowers, or whatever floats your boat, BUT don't sweat the small stuff!!!! Like Kevin said Forums should be fun! Forums ARE fun, come visit us at the 50K thread see the link in my sig.

Time to shut it down!

11-07-12 02:43 PM
522 ... 192021