View Poll Results: Would you like to see when a user receives a warning or an infraction on their profile?

Voters
121. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

68 56.20%
  • No

53 43.80%
    Can we please get back off topic?
    11-07-12 07:36 AM
    Why do you purposely twist stuff for the sole purpose of disagreeing?? Yes voters under represented/no voters over represented means the SAME THING, that the yes voters voted but didn't provide reasons, whereas no voters voted and provided reasons. Due to the majority of poll votes being "yes" one would think they would express their opinion just the same as the no voters. That's it.
    Its a poll not a debate. The people have spoken in a democratic manner. The numbers don't lie no matter what you say when you quote this or reply, the opposing view is not the majority that voted. This is what the crackberry nation believes as the majority. Obviously this is asmall portion of the members but as with any poll not everyone shows up.Only more democratic way would be to put it on the home page. We realize that this is not a poll to get this to happen right now, however it does show what we believ, dispute it, don't dispute it. Numbers are at the top.
    11-07-12 07:41 AM
    Yep. Check the attitude at the door. Oh, and to have fun. Forums should be fun.
    Quoted for posterity's sake
    pantlesspenguin and middbrew like this.
    11-07-12 07:42 AM
    Its a poll not a debate. The people have spoken in a democratic manner. The numbers don't lie no matter what you say when you quote this or reply, the opposing view is not the majority that voted. This is what the crackberry nation believes as the majority. Obviously this is asmall portion of the members but as with any poll not everyone shows up.Only more democratic way would be to put it on the home page. We realize that this is not a poll to get this to happen right now, however it does show what we believ, dispute it, don't dispute it. Numbers are at the top.
    Its a poll, similar to any other poll run on a statistically insignificant number of a larger group. The margin of error on this thing would be ridiculous when applied to all of CB. Something posted by a mod (or preferably on the main page as a true vote sponsored by the site, running for a predetermined length of time) would be best for accuracy's sake. Making people vote when they log into CB the first time after the poll is posted would also get you significantly greater numbers and significantly more accurate numbers.
    middbrew and pantlesspenguin like this.
    11-07-12 07:50 AM
    Yes the forums should be fun but for whom since fun is different for everyone.

I agree bully may not be the word the OP was looking for. I can think of a few but will keep it to myself.

Enjoy count up to 50000 part II
    11-07-12 07:52 AM
    Yes the forums should be fun but for whom since fun is different for everyone.

I agree bully may not be the word the OP was looking for. I can think of a few but will keep it to myself.

Enjoy count up to 50000 CrackBerry 50k Challenge part II
    Fixed it for you
    kbz1960 likes this.
    11-07-12 08:25 AM
    CrackBerry / Mobile Nations Meetups coming your way in 2013!!
    May I recommend a few pubs we can take over?
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    11-07-12 08:29 AM
    Yes.. of course!
    11-07-12 08:33 AM
    Yes.. of course!
    Excellent. May I suggest, for the DC meetup, Fado

DC Irish Pub - Fado Irish Pub and Restaurant DC

Excellent Irish pub in downtown. It gets rowdy in there quite often anyway haha

And they support Movember
    http://www.fadoirishpub.com/washingt...ashio-movember
    11-07-12 08:37 AM
    I can head up something here in waterloo if needed. OFFICAL RIM HQ MEETUP
    11-07-12 08:42 AM
    Yes, the numbers do lie. But if it makes you feel better, then yes there are more yes votes.

Its a poll, similar to any other poll run on a statistically insignificant number of a larger group. The margin of error on this thing would be ridiculous when applied to all of CB. Something posted by a mod (or preferably on the main page as a true vote sponsored by the site, running for a predetermined length of time) would be best for accuracy's sake. Making people vote when they log into CB the first time after the poll is posted would also get you significantly greater numbers and significantly more accurate numbers.
    As someone who loves running stats and owns several different stat programs (i.e., SPSS, JMP) I was going to say the very same thing. With the amount of participants voting compared to the population sampled the results are meaningless. doing a quick number crunch (and I mean very quick with just estimated numbers) there would need to be a sampling somewhere between 590 and 960 response to have any meaning. The 120 is far from that.
    11-07-12 08:47 AM
    Yes, the numbers do lie. But if it makes you feel better, then yes there are more yes votes.

As someone who loves running stats and owns several different stat programs (i.e., SPSS, JMP) I was going to say the very same thing. With the amount of participants voting compared to the population sampled the results are meaningless. doing a quick number crunch (and I mean very quick with just estimated numbers) there would need to be a sampling somewhere between 590 and 960 response to have any meaning. The 120 is far from that.
    So a poll about this site and the users of this site isn't good enough and needs other sites to chime in?
    11-07-12 08:51 AM
    You can't take over pubs unless you do one near me.
    11-07-12 08:52 AM
    So a poll about this site and the users of this site isn't good enough and needs other sites to chime in?
    Irrelevant, its not going anywhere. Its a user created poll, just a bit of fun for the majority of us.
    11-07-12 08:53 AM
    It simply needs more users from this site to be statistically relevant. Thus my post about either a main page vote, or forcing people to vote upon first log in after the poll is live.
    11-07-12 08:54 AM
    You can't take over pubs unless you do one near me.
    I cannot take over a pub from n a house either! Unless I have a bunch of minions... hmm
    11-07-12 08:55 AM
    All users don't have the option to vote if they so choose?
    11-07-12 08:57 AM
    No, I'm not sure where you got that idea from. I was basing it on CB forum users only.
    11-07-12 09:04 AM
    All users don't have the option to vote if they so choose?
    Yes, all users have the option to vote, but you need a certain number of them to vote in order to make any judgements regarding the numbers.
    11-07-12 09:06 AM

Absolutely agree.

Stats class at UCLA was a pain in the patootie, but it taught me that.

Social Psych taught me that self reports are not an accurate representation of any one thing. People who are most strongly motivated for one thing or another will self report. In this instance, a greater desire could be representative of a group that is unhappy with the type of moderation or running of the forum. People who are happy or don't care are less likely to bother, they will simply go to areas that interest them.

Get a group of women in a baby shower. The ones who had a 36 hour labor will be more vocal than the ones with the easy delivery, thereby garnering more attention. I noticed this last month, at a friend's shower.

Better example? The number of self reports of 99xx phones bricking and nuking. If one were to pay attention to the numbers of reports of 9900s bricking, one would get the impression that 9900s were dying all over the same. Everyone here knows that the number if people self reporting dying phones was not indicative of the total numbers of 99xx that did, in fact, brick or nuke.

So....self reports are not indicative of a population's support of any one thing when such a fraction of the total number of the population self-reports. Rather, a statistically significant sample would have to be polled in a location that is highly visible to all for a finite specified period of time.

Even then, the fact that it's a poll makes it subject to inaccuracy and interpretation or spin.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    11-07-12 09:08 AM
    Why do you purposely twist stuff for the sole purpose of disagreeing?? Yes voters under represented/no voters over represented means the SAME THING, that the yes voters voted but didn't provide reasons, whereas no voters voted and provided reasons. Due to the majority of poll votes being "yes" one would think they would express their opinion just the same as the no voters. That's it.
    Do you really expect me to answer for other people? Ask them yourself. My opinion is it was not necessary for them to explain anything. Maybe they wanted to stay anonymous or maybe they didn't want to be dragged into the arguments. In the end, I can't speak for other people.
    11-07-12 09:17 AM
    Do you really expect me to answer for other people? Ask them yourself. My opinion is it was not necessary for them to explain anything. Maybe they wanted to stay anonymous or maybe they didn't want to be dragged into the arguments. In the end, I can't speak for other people.
    I didn't see anywhere in Pantless's response to you that said anything about wanting you to answer for anyone else. Nor did I see where she was even wanting to hear their response. It looked like to me that she just made the comment that she thought they would respond.
    11-07-12 09:28 AM
    Yes, all users have the option to vote, but you need a certain number of them to vote in order to make any judgements regarding the numbers.
    Gotcha. I didn't know if members of other mobile nations can see the thread or not. My guess is they don't care one way or the other ornelse they would vote.

BTW I find it funny for those that have the OP on ignore yet they come in here knowing who started the thread. Way to ignore someone. LOL
    11-07-12 09:30 AM
    Please show me where I'm asking you to speak for others. Maybe since I'm more open minded than some people on this site I was hoping for an actual discussion as to the pros and cons to a proposition you brought up. In the comments it was noted several times that this would bring about more problems than it would solve, yet the "numbers" told a different story. Your reasoning was that it would show you who to avoid. I'm posing there are already solutions in place for that.
    11-07-12 09:32 AM
    Gotcha. I didn't know if members of other mobile nations can see the thread or not. My guess is they don't care one way or the other ornelse they would vote.

BTW I find it funny for those that have the OP on ignore yet they come in here knowing who started the thread. Way to ignore someone. LOL
    Who all has BD on ignore? I can only thing of one person, and they haven't said much here.
    reeneebob likes this.
    11-07-12 09:34 AM
522 ... 1617181920 ...