View Poll Results: Would you like to see when a user receives a warning or an infraction on their profile?

Voters
121. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

68 56.20%
  • No

53 43.80%

Call me crazy.
    I would, but I consider name calling insulting, mean spirited, and a type of bullying. All of which is totally inappropriate.
    11-06-12 05:40 PM
    This is what I said when I started the thread:

"I cant help noticing since coming back that there's a group of people treating this forum as their personal playground and seem to bully everybody that hold a different opinion then them"

Now if this thread is not used as a personal playground right now then what is?

Call me crazy.
    I don't understand how delving off topic = bullying. Are you sure you understand what that means? If anything you're the one who lowers himself to snide comments when someone disagrees with you.
    11-06-12 05:45 PM
    Does anyone in the thread not have the OP on ignore?

Sent from my 4s using TapaTalk
    reeneebob likes this.
    11-06-12 05:52 PM
    This is what I said when I started the thread:"I cant help noticing since coming back that there's a group of people treating this forum as their personal playground and seem to bully everybody that hold a different opinion then them"Now if this thread is not used as a personal playground right now then what is?Call me crazy.
    LoL. Ok, you're crazy. Nothing wrong with the 1st post. It's the post(s)that follow it. You put a lot of time/effort in pointing out that others are causing problems. BTW, most ppl don't give a ish about the number of infractions....only the content of ones' post. LOL. You're stressing out over something you have no control over....other than ignoring or hitting the button.
    11-06-12 05:54 PM
    I don't understand how delving off topic = bullying. Are you sure you understand what that means? If anything you're the one who lowers himself to snide comments when someone disagrees with you.
    I believe I've made my point with this thread. I stated how I thought a group of people are treating these forums as their personal playground and what do you know, they've completely taken over this thread and treated it as a personal playground and took it off topic completely to the point of becoming a circus, not "delving off topic"

Point made and completely proven by the thread itself and the poll above.
    11-06-12 05:56 PM
    No popcorn? What is this blasphemy? We need more popcorn!
    Good, cuz I ate it all......

And it was delish....

That was greedy, mean, and might classify as bullying....

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    Well sheeesh.......lol i make that statement and I'm think the thread is winding down.....apparently not. 2 pages added in a few hours lol!

Okay.......

**gets popcorn and grape kool aid**

I'm ready for more
    11-06-12 05:56 PM

At some point, I need to stop suggesting people ignore me and use the ignore button myself. LOL
    11-06-12 06:05 PM

I don't. But then I don't have anyone on ignore. I like to see what everyone says and then make the choice to ignore what they are saying.
    11-06-12 06:09 PM
    I believe I've made my point with this thread. I stated how I thought a group of people are treating these forums as their personal playground and what do you know, they've completely taken over this thread and treated it as a personal playground and took it off topic completely to the point of becoming a circus, not "delving off topic"

Funny how most who voted yes never really said why they think having public infractions would be beneficial. I'm not so stubborn that I can't be persuaded. I voted no, but no one even really stated a case as to why they think it would help. You said because it would show you who to avoid. If avoiding people is what you're after the ignore button should be sufficient. You said you don't want to read threads with holes in the conversation due to you ignoring people...but if you were able to read their posts you wouldn't exactly be avoiding them, right?

Why not do what everyone has done all along and judge people by their post content and not an abbreviated rap sheet?
    11-06-12 06:40 PM
    666 likes in this thread. That can't be good. Quick, somebody like or unlike someone!
    11-06-12 06:54 PM
    Funny how most who voted yes never really said why they think having public infractions would be beneficial. I'm not so stubborn that I can't be persuaded. I voted no, but no one even really stated a case as to why they think it would help. You said because it would show you who to avoid. If avoiding people is what you're after the ignore button should be sufficient. You said you don't want to read threads with holes in the conversation due to you ignoring people...but if you were able to read their posts you wouldn't exactly be avoiding them, right?

Why not do what everyone has done all along and judge people by their post content and not an abbreviated rap sheet?
    Pantless, is it so hard to understand that I and other people hold a different view?

People who voted yes had no need to explain and they warent asked to explain, they just voted to agree. I find it hard to understand why do you think it's "funny"
    11-06-12 06:59 PM
    11-06-12 07:09 PM
    Infractions:

Crackberry utilizes an infractions system to communicate with and track members who have violated our forum rules. This system allows us to apply rules in a fair and uniform way, and ensure that repeat offenders are not given unlimited opportunities to correct their behavior.

If you receive an infraction you will receive a private message referencing the rule in which you've violated. Each infraction type is assigned a predetermined point value depending on the severity of the violation. Infraction point values are detailed in the table below.

Warnings:

Infractions can also be sent in the form of a zero point warning. Warnings serve as a polite way to encourage first time offenders, and those with minor violations, to follow the rules.

Expirations:

Infractions have an expiration time. When an infraction expires, the associated points are removed from your point total. For example, an infraction for trolling is worth 20 points per infraction. Each infraction is configured to expire in 10 days. However, if you receive a second infraction an additional 10 days will be added to your remaining balance.

Excessive Infraction Points & Ban's:

If you exceed specific thresholds, we will automatically enforce a ban on your account. We reserve the right to give arbitrary infractions at our discretion.

Exceptions:

No individual member should consider themselves as someone who is above the rules. If you stand out in the community as someone who trolls, swears, belittles, etc. - on an ongoing basis - our infractions system will work as intended. We, as Forum Moderators, Managers, and Administrators hold ourselves to the same standards and do our best to "think before we post." We ask that you do the same.

Appeals:

For Warnings/Infractions, please contact the Moderator who issued the Warning/Infraction via private messaging. This is not an invitation to belittle, harass, or insult the Staff member. If you do so, you will either receive an additional infraction and/or join our banned group at our discretion. The moderators job is to maintain order within the forums and make Crackberry a place for all members to enjoy. The community as a whole is a friendly and welcome environment to everyone. It is our mission to maintain this environment.

Please keep in mind that warnings are just to warn you of any violation to the forum rules set in place and do not count against you. There is no need to appeal a warning. However, feel free to send a private message to the moderator if you would like additional clarification.

Alternatively, you may use the Contact Us form. The Forum Managers/Admins will review each case and collectively decide whether there is sufficient evidence to overturn the Infraction or Ban. If you wish to follow up with your appeal, please send us an email (Due to high volumes, expect a delay in response). Please note that our moderators receive extensive training and are skilled in making pragmatic decisions. They also do their best to read as much of a thread as possible to ensure they are putting the post in question into context. Because of this we typically back our moderators in every decision they make.
    I think we're all grown ups over here, such a system would be giving the Mods a lot more work than they already have now.

Forum Bullies-a98200_public-punishment_5-bully.jpeg

This is like those parents that make their kids carry signs in public when they do something wrong.
    Last edited by Alex_Hong; 11-06-12 at 08:14 PM.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    11-06-12 08:00 PM
    Pantless, is it so hard to understand that I and other people hold a different view?

People who voted yes had no need to explain and they warent asked to explain, they just voted to agree. I find it hard to understand why do you think it's "funny"
    Of course I understand that you and other people hold a different view. How did you come to the conclusion that I didn't? I'm saying it's funny that the people who have voted "yes" are under represented in the comments, whereas the "no" voters have overwhelmingly commented in the thread as to why they don't think it's necessary. No, conversation about the topic may not have been necessary, but it's just interesting (how's that instead of funny?) that those who voted yes haven't really came out as to why they think it would be a good idea.
    11-06-12 08:14 PM

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    11-06-12 08:17 PM
    You bullies
    11-06-12 08:26 PM
    http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/...1/26360838.jpg

Forum Bullies-preview.jpeg
    11-06-12 08:31 PM
    Ok Folks...

Been browsing through this thread.... without focusing on the specific problem/suggestion, but looking at the broader solution... I do have an idea of sorts.... a VISION if you will....

Bottom line, I want to make these forums ROCK. Rock Hard. Rock like they've never rocked before. I have a ton of things I want to see us do in the forums, including addressing issues/ideas like this as we need to, but unfortunately there are not quite enough hours in the day for me to execute on all the things I want to see us do here...

Soo.... we put more hours in the day.

How?

I think it's time we bring onboard the Mobile Nations team a new person dedicated to Forums Management / Community Relations on CrackBerry and across our forum communities. This person will work with our existing moderation teams on CrackBerry and across our sites to ensure fair and consistent moderation of all forums. This person will also work within the community to foster great community relations and member relations, get the community engaged in more ways than we ever have before, reward the community for awesome member contributions, moderator contributions and much, much, much more.

It's brilliant. Prepare for awesomeness. We're gonna take this community beyond what it's ever been. Stay tuned.

Kevin
    11-06-12 08:35 PM
    Ok Folks...

Been browsing through this thread.... without focusing on the specific problem/suggestion, but looking at the broader solution... I do have an idea of sorts....

Bottom line, I want to make these forums ROCK. Rock Hard. Rock like they've never rocked before. I have a ton of things I want to see us do in the forums, but unfortunately there are not quite enough hours in the day for me to execute on all the things I want to see us do here...

How?

I think it's time we bring onboard a new person dedicated to Forums Management / Community Relations on CrackBerry and across our forum communities. This person will work with our existing moderation teams across the sites to ensure fair and consistent moderation of all forums. This person will also work within the community to foster great community relations and member relations, get the community engaged in more ways than we ever have before, reward the community for awesome member contributions and much, much, much more.

It's brilliant. Prepare for awesomeness.

Kevin
    Posting in a legendary thread!
    11-06-12 08:38 PM
    Ok

Bottom line, I want to make these forums ROCK. Rock Hard. Rock like they've never rocked before. .

Kevin
    I'd like to see them rock me like a hurricane

11-06-12 08:41 PM

It's brilliant. Prepare for awesomeness. We're gonna take this community beyond what it's ever been. Stay tuned.

Kevin
    My idea: We need some cross mobile-nations competition!
    11-06-12 08:45 PM
    Seriously, I'm Sooooo excited... and I just can't hide it!

11-06-12 08:56 PM
    Ok Folks...

Been browsing through this thread.... without focusing on the specific problem/suggestion, but looking at the broader solution... I do have an idea of sorts.... a VISION if you will....

Bottom line, I want to make these forums ROCK. Rock Hard. Rock like they've never rocked before. I have a ton of things I want to see us do in the forums, including addressing issues/ideas like this as we need to, but unfortunately there are not quite enough hours in the day for me to execute on all the things I want to see us do here...

How?

I think it's time we bring onboard the Mobile Nations team a new person dedicated to Forums Management / Community Relations on CrackBerry and across our forum communities. This person will work with our existing moderation teams on CrackBerry and across our sites to ensure fair and consistent moderation of all forums. This person will also work within the community to foster great community relations and member relations, get the community engaged in more ways than we ever have before, reward the community for awesome member contributions, moderator contributions and much, much, much more.

Kevin
    Not bad re: community relations.

Keep in mind that there is a portion of our membership that will see anything but separation as a sort of muddying of the "mission."
    11-06-12 09:17 PM
    Smaller minority have said they dont want it. The votes are in. Comment and quote all you like. The undisputable democratic opinion is at the top of this thread.
    Cool!

And yet, it's still a bad idea that is meant to do nothing but shame people.

What a good idea.
    11-06-12 09:20 PM
    Just give me a list of any bullies and their home addresses...

I'll fire up the CrackBerry Trans-Am... nicknamed Troll Killer... hit the road and show up at Bully's doorstep with long hair, moustache and hard liquor in hand. Then we'll get drunk. Then we'll get to the real root of the bullying. Then we'll drink the bullying away.

Or something like that. Lol. Sorry.. literally sitting here working on our Mobile Nations Passport upgrade (single sign on project), watching elections, and having a beer in hand and forum cruising. Too much multitasking make Kevin go crazy.
    11-06-12 09:27 PM
522 ... 1415161718 ...