View Poll Results: Would you like to see when a user receives a warning or an infraction on their profile?

Voters
121. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

68 56.20%
  • No

53 43.80%
    I don't think the system suggested would help much. But I definitely agree bullying is a major problem on this forum. As are some extremely hostile and condescending users who fly off the handle about ridiculous things with no apparent repercussions. There are also so many great, helpful people on this forum, so I just wish more could be done about the ones who are anything but.
    11-05-12 09:02 PM
    Do those who protest the loudest or longest have a lock on the truth?
    kevinnugent and sleepngbear like this.
    11-05-12 09:05 PM
    So that you can antagonize them and try to force more infractions? You want transparency? I received 1 infraction in December of 2011. That's it. Hope that helps.

edit, FYI, didn't even bother voting. The owners make the rules.
    I received one in '07.
    @OP. I voted no. I agree there are a few.....just like trolls, etc... As far as ppl bullying, I see more of ppl fanning embers with a few remarks about devices- iPhone, Androids(or comments about those that use them..........trying to turn them into flames. So, it's on both sides of the fence. Then, when someone turns the tables and points out their hypocrisy, that is when hitting the button comes up. I always think it's funny when ppl post things like "I speak what's on my mind, I don't hold back.....and then, wait for a response. LOL. Just making those statements let's me know that most "really" don't know what's up....out here. I'll keep it simple. As long as you can take what you're willing the give, no problem. The world is full of ppl that now settle for soup and a sandwiche instead of a nice Ribeye Steak. Cyber-bullies like trolls come and go. Don't become one while attempting to "out" others. The more you focus the spot light on others, it comes back to you.
    Last edited by Blacklatino; 11-05-12 at 10:52 PM.
    11-05-12 09:44 PM
    I think folks need to also understand criticism of RIM is not an attack on one's mother (not that you do that, D). There are some STAUNCH BB loyalists that we can have discussions with (QB and Thunderbuck come to mind) that don't take things personally.

I remember the evil stuff directed at Matt when he took on the UNPAID job of being a moderator. I've known Matt for a while on CB, and it was disheartening to see some of the stuff said just because it was theorized that he didn't use BB as his main device, or because he said something perceived to be anti-RIM. But hey, the same happens when Kevin or Blaize are being realistic.

I think less sensitivity can help both sides of the aisle.
    I obviously see your posts as bias and self-righteousness.

I think you need to understand some people critisize and some people constantly and relentlessly bash RIM because they are 'haters'. There is a difference. Do you think this concept of 'haters' is completely fictitious? Do you think articles that use a stabbing incident to rehash negative news on RIM is justifiable? To me negative comments are completely useless. They add no intelligent information. Everyone knows RIMs situation. Everyones reading the exact same, regurgitated, trite articles over the past 2 years. The people on this 'misinformation' crusade and sadly defending their platforms on a BB site somehow fail to realize or are perplexingly ignorant to the fact that there is far more 'misinformation' about RIM and BB out there than the others, but are they doing the same thing for RIM?

As for Kevin, Blaze and Matt, since you brought them up, Kevin has no allegiance to BB (aside from starting the site and monetizing on it) and I'm pretty sure everyone was buying into the whole 'bb is dead' thing. They started to aim this site that way (forums, selling other device stuff, editorials about rim being bought by goog, amazon, giving RIM a pitch count, ahhah) and he even said this site would be fine if/when RIM went under, which is fine to say, but it shows what direction he was thinking in. Blaze is on android central and to me I just don't think BB historically has been a good fit for how he seems to be. He seems more like a tinkerer, and again he has no allegiance. He even said his 'BB was out for days' last october, despite the fact in NA is was less than a day. Do you think these guys are incapable of saying anything negatively biased/untrue against RIM and maybe people disagreeing with negative views on RIM are right? Nevermind. To you there is no negative bias against RIM, everything is justified, even the taking light of a life in order to write another scathing unoriginal article bringing up the same old issues on RIM is okay. Matt, I guess you somehow see 'evil' things done, but if 'evil' things were done its likely justified. I'm sure its all there is the forums history. There really is a fascination some people have with RIM/BB despite not using their devices, but I think we see it more here since this has been a safe haven for the 'balanced' people since they were allowed to run free when this site was aiming for a larger base/positioning itself away.

So your definition of being 'realistic' presupposes that what you say/think is correct there are no alternative possibilities and what you believe is what is 'real'. Reality to you? Everything negative about RIM is completely justifiable and no negative bias exists. Bringing up random negative things about RIM is completely relevant and there are no rim 'haters', only realists. If someone tries to defend RIM they are delusional. Should we only talk about negative things about RIM?

Reality? Not every company(extremely few) can perform like the company you love, apple. Not even Apple. Over a long period of time no company can perform like apple has been. You can already see signs of their turnaround, but a downturn for them. People can try and make themselves feel happy about able when the hear 'ew, apple sold 3 million ipads' but that just sad if thats what makes you like or support a company. I'm pretty sure they are hitting their saturation point and their products will lose their desired stature, they definitely arent out-performing other devices on the market.

As for infarctions I dont see why not show them but what I would like on this site is a BB fanboy button so I could rack up some fanboy points. Actually I'd want a RIM fanboy button. Im continually impressed by things they've done and do, that is why I am a fan. When they stop thats when I'll stop liking RIM. Same way it happened with apple.
    11-05-12 09:56 PM
    Well if this passes, I propose a new system for those that don't own a device on another platform yet criticize it with lies: the bullshi t meter (unit of measurement: BS.) Lie about the one time your girlfriend's mother's third cousin twice removed got an Android and it couldn't do push email? That's one BS for you, good sir. Your neighbor's dogsitter's iPhone doesn't have a "consolidated inbox"? Ma'am you have just won yourself one BS.
    mikeo007 likes this.
    11-05-12 10:14 PM
    I'll show you my infractions, if you show me yours.

I must say, ya'll have been amazingly civil thus far. I'm moving the thread to Site Questions, though a few of you may need a little rehab instead.

Many of the members have enough difficulty, managing their relationships with fellow CrackBerrians, because of post history alone. How often have you had conflict arise, because what you hear in your mind, sounds completely offensive to another's? Rifts are born, and clicks have developed. Been that way since I've been here. To have reports feel more fuel, with reporters then F5ing after, watching for the point score to rise, will only serve to create a sour environment for all members and modfia alike. We need to strengthen the Berry brotherhood, not tear it apart.
    11-05-12 10:36 PM
    As for Kevin, Blaze and Matt, since you brought them up, Kevin has no allegiance to BB (aside from starting the site and monetizing on it) and I'm pretty sure everyone was buying into the whole 'bb is dead' thing. They started to aim this site that way (forums, selling other device stuff, editorials about rim being bought by goog, amazon, giving RIM a pitch count, ahhah) and he even said this site would be fine if/when RIM went under, which is fine to say, but it shows what direction he was thinking in. Blaze is on android central and to me I just don't think BB historically has been a good fit for how he seems to be. He seems more like a tinkerer, and again he has no allegiance. He even said his 'BB was out for days' last october, despite the fact in NA is was less than a day. Do you think these guys are incapable of saying anything negatively biased/untrue against RIM and maybe people disagreeing with negative views on RIM are right? Nevermind. To you there is no negative bias against RIM, everything is justified, even the taking light of a life in order to write another scathing unoriginal article bringing up the same old issues on RIM is okay. Matt, I guess you somehow see 'evil' things done, but if 'evil' things were done its likely justified. I'm sure its all there is the forums history. There really is a fascination some people have with RIM/BB despite not using their devices, but I think we see it more here since this has been a safe haven for the 'balanced' people since they were allowed to run free when this site was aiming for a larger base/positioning itself away.
    I don't see anything wrong with the news and write ups done on this site. This is a BlackBerry site, they should report and write on the good and the bad when it comes to RIM. The readers who come for information deserve as much. If there was a chance RIM was going to get bought out, then people should know what the implications of that are. Whether RIM is crapping the bed or knocking one out of the park, they should be able to write an editorial about it. Things are looking a lot better now, but there was a time not that long ago that there seemed like there was no good news coming out of Waterloo. The guys are just being realistic about the current situation RIM is in. What do you expect them to do? Be like ostriches, bury their heads in the sand, pretend nothing is wrong and chant "go BlackBerry go"?

I'm pulling for RIM and dislike the negativity and haters as much as the next guy. But there's a difference between ignorant negative comments people spout like "BlackBerry is dead" or "this thing is embarassing" and making valid critical comments such as pointing out an outdated OS and hardware, a lack of quality apps, or just overall poor performance by the company and the current precarious position they're in.

As far as the fascination of BlackBerries on the part of non-owners, I think I can safely say there are some owners here that seem to hold the same amount of fascination with another fruit product, and to a lesser extent a little green robot...
    11-05-12 11:52 PM
    Nope. I say if someone is "bullying" just stick to better arguments and it will work itself out.

Lots of folks that do not use and do not intend to use RIM products are here because RIM is in a position of weakness. And it is therefore easy to take shots.

This will change with BB10.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    daveycrocket and bungaboy like this.
    11-06-12 12:07 AM
    Nope. I say if someone is "bullying" just stick to better arguments and it will work itself out.

Lots of folks that do not use and do not intend to use RIM products are here because RIM is in a position of weakness. And it is therefore easy to take shots.

This will change with BB10.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    There are no arguments with forum bullies, they break into rants and get all personal to prove their point.
    11-06-12 03:23 AM
    How do you find ones infractions on here? I've been banned for a week (thanks Blackjack!!) but haven't seen any other corporal punishment.

As for Kevin and Bla1ze, my opinion is they are realists. They will be burnt at the stake with all other heretics when BB10 takes over the world.
    11-06-12 04:01 AM
    There are no arguments with forum bullies, they break into rants and get all personal to prove their point.
    ^This
    11-06-12 04:23 AM
    when does this poll close
    11-06-12 05:04 AM
    when does this poll close
    I didn't set a limit to it.
    11-06-12 06:02 AM
    Not a day goes by that I don't insult your wearing skirts.....

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    Madam, if that is your form of insults, I will take you those insults, any time.
    11-06-12 06:26 AM
    Madam, if that is your form of insults, I will take you those insults, any time.
    LOL.

She is going around promising second-hand spankings too.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    11-06-12 06:29 AM
    Mods, is any CrackBerry member above any other CrackBerry member? Is any CrackBerry member entitled to tell any other CrackBerry member if they should or should not be on this forum?
    Any member has the ability to speak their mind, good or bad. It is up to the mods to decide if it crosses any lines or violates any ToS. If it does, they act accordinly, if it does not, then others talking about such behavior is also useless. The report button is there, and does work. Past that, there is no need to get into open hostilities with anyone. Report the post and move on. That being said, this IS a BB fan site, the largest one if i recall correctly. People need to keep this in mind when they post here. There are other "nations" within mobile nations to post things about Apple, and WebOS, Windows, and Android. If CrackBerry members want to visit those sites to stay up to date on the latest news for those OS' thats fine. But it should be kept out of here. (and the same goes for posts in those respective forums).
    BigBadWulf and pkcable like this.
    11-06-12 06:29 AM
    Who'd a thunk this thread would go off the chain?

People, stay on topic and keep the mud out of your hands.
    11-06-12 06:45 AM
    If you're not a Mod then the question was not for you.
    Which is why he didn't attempt to answer it. His question was just as valid though.

I do see a lot of people who's only posts on this forum are posts telling others they shouldn't post here (not speaking of anyone in particular).
    11-06-12 06:45 AM
    Which is why he didn't attempt to answer it. His question was just as valid though.

I do see a lot of people who's only posts on this forum are posts telling others they shouldn't post here (not speaking of anyone in particular).
    Asking somebody "why are you still here" if they don't own a BlackBerry is not the same as telling them to go to another forum they may or may not be a member of.
    11-06-12 06:52 AM
    How do you find ones infractions on here? I've been banned for a week (thanks Blackjack!!) but haven't seen any other corporal punishment.

As for Kevin and Bla1ze, my opinion is they are realists. They will be burnt at the stake with all other heretics when BB10 takes over the world.
    If you mean your own there is a tab on your page.
    11-06-12 07:04 AM
    Asking somebody "why are you still here" if they don't own a BlackBerry is not the same as telling them to go to another forum they may or may not be a member of.
    I don't see a fundamental difference there. You're making someone feel unwelcome, and attempting to police the forum's population yourself, regardless of which phrase you use.
    11-06-12 07:18 AM
    I don't see a fundamental difference there. You're making someone feel unwelcome, and attempting to police the forum's population yourself, regardless of which phrase you use.
    That's your opinion.

Can we get back to the thread subject now?
    11-06-12 07:25 AM
    Very true. I got an infraction for trolling for a sarcastic comment I made in response to a mods sarcastic comment. So, yes, it can be viewed as breaking the rules.
    You're not the only one that got one that day. The mod egged it on, and yet only members recieved infractions

I cant help noticing since coming back that there's a group of people treating this forum as their personal playground and seem to bully everybody that hold a different opinion then them, often resulting to personal attacks and insults.
    This is not a new phenomenon, only the players have changed.
    Last edited by pcgizmo; 11-06-12 at 07:59 AM.
    middbrew likes this.
    11-06-12 07:29 AM
    I rather see temp bans being used more often than creating a second-class sub-group...

I am sure such a thing already exists though, and only mods can see those with "the mark".
    the mark of the beast?
    11-06-12 08:12 AM
    That's your opinion.

Can we get back to the thread subject now?
    Actually I think that is really part of the topic. Making someone feel unwelcome (i.e. bullying) and thus getting an infraction is the root of the poll isn't it?
    Laura Knotek and reeneebob like this.
    11-06-12 08:18 AM
522 ... 56789 ...