View Poll Results: Would you like to see when a user receives a warning or an infraction on their profile?

Voters
121. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

68 56.20%
  • No

53 43.80%
    What are we? In 2nd grade? Who cares how many warnings a person gets.

If we list how many warnings a person gets, how about also listing how many times a person reports others.... That way we get to see who the whiners and snitches are. I'd much rather see that.
    11-05-12 08:23 AM
    I can't support the idea (I don't speak jackal). It would be abused left-right and center. The mods know who is a problem and who isn't and it is their job to handle those issues.

I have 0 infractions but probably warranted a few over the years.

Besides that they use a commercial forum engine with a skin. So they can't really make changes that drastic. Good to share ideas though

Ed

Sent from my BlackBerry 9360 using Tapatalk
    richardat likes this.
    11-05-12 08:25 AM
    Good point ! One thing that you might not realize is that you don't have to be a bully to get an infraction. I got one for having more than the allowed 4 lines in my signature, which really was true at the time, I had 5, and for having more than 1 exterior link in my signature. I have to say that it really upset me nonetheless, because I'm so far from being a bully, so in my opinion, given my experience, I don't think it's everyone's business to know who gets infractions or not. Like me, if they want to tell someone let them and they usually do because they are so p**sed off Lol !
    richardat likes this.
    What are we? In 2nd grade? Who cares how many warnings a person gets.

If we list how many warnings a person gets, how about also listing how many times a person reports others.... That way we get to see who the whiners and snitches are. I'd much rather see that.
    So you consider a member that reports another member when insulted a snitch and a whiner?
    I don't have an "issue", I've put an idea forward and see who agrees with me. If you don't that's fine.

I will not discuss other forums on CB. What I do there is none of your business, no offense.
    Yes, you put the idea forward but to what end? Spell out your reasons for the request, what you would like to gain and what problems you believe it will solve.
    So you consider a member that reports another member when insulted a snitch and a whiner?
    Yes. Either take it like an adult, or give back in kind. For the record, I have never reported anyone, ever. Even though, people have said very unkind things toward me.....
    11-05-12 08:27 AM
    LOL. Carmelo Anthony is not pleased.
    11-05-12 08:27 AM
    Yes, you put the idea forward but to what end? Spell out your reasons for the request, what you would like to gain and what problems you believe it will solve.
    Curiosity and I'm not looking to gain anything, I myself have received a few infractions and a temporary ban.
    11-05-12 08:29 AM
    Curiosity and I'm not looking to gain anything, I myself have received a few infractions and a temporary ban.
    Ok, well I had 1 infraction a year ago. Maybe just ask if people would like to share to satisfy your curiosity.
    11-05-12 08:31 AM
    Opinion on what? I never put that forward and I would agree, I would never suggest that members should vote on other members, I want that to be clear.

What I'm suggesting is transparency, for users and mods, after all, how often members complain that other members seem to be getting away with plenty insults and never a ban?

If anything Mods should welcome that.
    Mods already know who is getting what infraction from what behavior, and if they do not, then the forum has larger issues. So the purpose of your little thread is that YOU want to know who is being disciplined on the forum?

I had one a few months ago (infraction), first and last imo.
    11-05-12 08:34 AM
    Ok, well I had 1 infraction a year ago. Maybe just ask if people would like to share to satisfy your curiosity.
    I'm sorry, is this poll and thread against the rules of the forum in any way? You have your opinion and voted accordingly I assume.

No what makes you think your CB membership entitles you to tell other members what to post and what not to post?
    11-05-12 08:39 AM
    I'm sorry, is this poll and thread against the rules of the forum in any way? You have your opinion and voted accordingly I assume.

No what makes you think your CB membership entitles you to tell other members what to post and what not to post?
    LOL. You're not dragging me into that, sorry. I gave you my opinion and my "record" and now I'll move on. Have fun, Gino.
    Laura Knotek and Blacklatino like this.
    11-05-12 08:43 AM
    Yes. Either take it like an adult, or give back in kind.
    Not sure I agree with the "give back in kind" part because it just brings down the whole thread/forum through bickering... and will more than likely lead to an infraction... and other members not wanting to participate what could be useful information/opinion.

Si.
    11-05-12 08:43 AM
    LOL. You're not dragging me into that, sorry. I gave you my opinion and my "record" and now I'll move on. Have fun, Gino.
    Exactly what I thought you should do.
    xandermac likes this.
    11-05-12 08:45 AM
    I like transparency.
    Not sure I agree with the "give back in kind" part because it just brings down the whole thread/forum through bickering... and will more than likely lead to an infraction... and other members not wanting to participate what could be useful information/opinion.

Si.
    I said "or"
    Who cares it's all politics and who is liked from what I see. I've had several warnings and infractions for little of nothing, pot meet kettle, really? I would like to know if all the other members who posted the exact same thing received an infraction and if not why not?

I know I deserved some and some I did not. How many does it take for a ban? I'm sitting on a permanent 100. I do think some mods play favorites, just my opinion. Will be no surprise if I get and spanked just for saying what I think.
    11-05-12 08:58 AM
    I've had a couple of mods give me severe tongue lashings. That is between them and me.

I don't want to see anyone else's business. It's that person's business.
    If someone doesn't like how CB is run, then take that to the mods. If that person doesn't like the mods' decision, take it to admin. Still unhappy? Take it to Kevin. No need to force everyone to see dirty laundry just because one member is unhappy with mods' decisions.

THIS forum is a much better place than that.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    11-05-12 09:13 AM
    I have 0 infractions but probably warranted a few over the years.

Ed

Sent from my BlackBerry 9360 using Tapatalk
    I received a warning for (accidentally) posting a Piracy link. I thought the app was free (it was in the beginning, after a few months it wasn't anymore )
    11-05-12 09:45 AM
    I voted no. I'm just not that curious about this sort of thing.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-05-12 10:01 AM
    Who cares it's all politics and who is liked from what I see.
    I voted no, for the politics would just become worse.

I've had several warnings and infractions, I'm sitting on a permanent 100.
    Oh no!! I'm afraid that you'll have to go on my ignore list now, so sorry.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    11-05-12 10:01 AM
    I voted no. I'm just not that curious about this sort of thing.
    I think it would make people think twice before getting off topic and getting personal, myself included.
    11-05-12 10:04 AM
    I think it would make people think twice before getting off topic and getting personal, myself included.
    It's just called thinking before you speak. No policing needed. I've never had a warning or infraction, and I definitely think I deserved them at times. Then again I have also been accused of being "too nice" and a "people pleaser."
    11-05-12 10:11 AM
    No, I don't think Mods should explain themselves, it's not part of what I put forward.
    No you didn't put that forward. But isn't that a little hypocritical? If you want transparance it needs to be all the way, not just selective.

Personally, if I get an infraction that's none of your business. If a person is trolling they will be dealt with in the way CB forums regulations are set up. Don't like it, move on.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-05-12 10:13 AM
    Going to disagree with you. There are people who will do and say what they want. Those that get infractions probably don't care if there is a "bad" number listed next to there name.
    11-05-12 10:21 AM
522 1234 ...