I don't know if I'm just being paranoid or something is fishy here, it. Just that I recently came across shopcrackberry.com right? I know it has been around since the beginning of time but the thing it, it has never got the th.shopcrackberry.com before (th is for thailand) and you can't find it on the drop down list no matter which region you select but you can type it in and it appears out of nowhere. The site looks just like the legit site with converted price in Thai Baht but the price looks like it just got converted by XE converter with funny digits like $49.95 = 1,501.99 Baht. And then the "order by phone" leads to a UK number (+44) and a support tracking order phone number is. (888) 777 8888? And out of curiosity I placed and order and the site became https:// with red line through it and after the order went through I got an email confirmed my order although it came in a form of "[email protected]" but all other emails are like "[email protected]" or "[email protected]". So the question is, did I just entered my credit card info into a phoney site and have to go terminate my card before I get 2billion dollars charged on it or is this site legit and I will get my convertible case for playbook in 3 days? Mind you there is no RIM Thailand nor authorized accessories dealer here

edit:

the url is http://th.shopblackberry.com not crackberry XD

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by iBURT; 07-28-11 at 10:17 PM. Reason: wrong url
    07-28-11 08:24 PM
    Escalated...
    07-28-11 09:07 PM
    i sent email to [email protected] last night also asking this question but never got a reply
    07-28-11 09:12 PM
    Hey iBURT,

Couple of things here... sort of feels like you might be confused between two different sites. You're sort of half talking about shopblackberry.com and half talking about shopcrackberry.com.

First off, this site is CrackBerry.com. We have TWO official stores. The urls for these stores are https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=aKr6q3cr (our US-based store - which can ship internationally) and Crackberry Canada Store (our Canada store). Those are our only two stores (typing in http://shopcrackberry.com redirects to our https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=aKr6q3cr store). That's it. Anything else is not us. And there's no http://th.shopcrackberry.com site. And we don't have a selection drop down for countries (or a currency converter).

Reading your post though, it looks like you're not talking about CrackBerry.com's stores at all though, but rather BlackBerry's online stores. Visiting shopblackberry.com takes you to the official online store of RIM/BlackBerry. And it does look like changing the subdomain to http://th.shopblackberry.com does pull up a site on that official shopblackberry.com domain. It appears legit to me. Following up with the contact info on that site might be the thing to do if you have concerns. If you scroll to the bottom of the site you can see that BlackBerry uses GlobalWare to power their store. You can follow up with them. But it does appear to be a legit site. My guess is you're fine, but definitely follow up to be sure. Please let us know if it proves to not be legit! But remember.. we're talking different letters and different sites here... ShopBlackberry vs. ShopCrackberry.com are two different companies, stores, etc.

All the best,

Kevin
    iBURT likes this.
    07-28-11 09:42 PM
    oh sorry i tend to be mixing up blackberry and crackberry a lot these days, the word crackberry just overwhelm everything else since i have been on the site everyday lol. thank you for the suggestion kevin, i'll check it with globalware and as soon as i find out an answer i'll be sure to post the result
    07-28-11 09:48 PM
    hehe... no problem iBURT! Love that you're on crackberry a lot these days! Like I said, I'm pretty sure you're all good. It seems like that is an official blackberry store site to me, but always best to check!
    07-28-11 09:51 PM
    although i am curious why the sub domain doesn't appear in the drop down menu nor when i choose asia region it doesn't appear to be there only when manually type the url in, the shipping fees is rather weird too since it cost only 15 baht (roughly 50 cents) to ship? for a box that size? and there is no blackberry accessories authorized dealer here, not even blackberry own store, just grey market and phone network thst sells bb.
    07-28-11 09:57 PM
    Yeah, I was looking at it too a bit more. Definitely still seems like a legit site to me based on the domain... there's no apparent url trickery going on there.

My **guess** would that be GlobalWare as a third party powering this store for BlackBerry does operate/support Vietnam, so GlobalWare does support the ecommerce there which is why you can get to the url and use the site and checkout. However, RIM/BlackBerry as a company doesn't have authorized dealers in vietnam, so they don't broadcast it on the site. So basically GlobalWare's ecommerce platform supports it, so it doesn't matter if BlackBerry does or doesn't, but since GlobalWare does support it that means it is available to you. That's my **guess** anyways. Definitely curious to find out what you find out. But doesn't raise any alarms to me for being a fake site. But don't take my word on it! Keep digging. This is the case where RIM isn't powering their own store platform themselves directly, so you could find some weird things like this happen as they're working with a partner.
    iBURT likes this.
    07-28-11 10:05 PM
    ah that clear things up a lot more, so my items could be shipping from Vietnam, that makes more sense since the shipping cost is cheaper than inbound shipping, probably some of it already added to the product price and ground delivery since Thailand and Vietnam are neighbors country anyway. So I guess I don't have to go cancel my credit card and wait and see if my shipment arrives in the next 5 days. I already sent email to Globalware and waiting for their reply, will post an update as soon as they send it.
    07-28-11 10:14 PM
    ok here's the email i got from them

Hello,

Dear Mr. Bunnag,

Thank you for contacting Shop Blackberry.

We would like to inform that your order SBBTH25003661580 is currently in process, and will be shipped shortly. You will receive a shipping confirmation email, once when your order is shipped.

If you have any questions, please let us know.
    then about 3 hours later I got

Hello,

Dear Mr. Bunnag,

Thank you for contacting Shop Blackberry.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused on ordering the case for your Blackberry Playbook. We are Blackberry authorized online store, and our website is encrypted, hence is secured for order placing.

However, we are sorry to inform that we currently do not have an option to ship orders to Thailand. Request you may check in nearby retail stores to purchase this item.

If you have any questions, please let us know.
    so.... I'm not getting the case after all -*-

Can you please add Thailand to the list of countries you ship items to?
    Last edited by iBURT; 07-29-11 at 09:56 AM. Reason: quoting
    07-29-11 09:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD