Hey Crackberry. I love your site and your bb10 app but what's with you guys posting the same articles under multiple categories? It's extremely annoying. The list of categories shows that there is something new under multiple categories but yet it's the same article!
    Readers have to open each category and click on the article to make the asterisk disappear. Either the article is an accessory, or its news... not both please!!

Posted via CB10
    05-22-14 08:52 AM
    I am not aware of any duplicate forum posts which might be posted by site staff, but as you know every member can post new threads and messages. We have thousands of new threads and messages and moderators simply can't check every one individually, but we will look closer if you report any which you believe to be duplicates or spam
    05-22-14 09:19 AM
    Just to clarify:

On the BB10 app, the main menu has the categories:
    Home
    Forum
    News
    Reviews
    Etc...

New articles posted by crackberry end up under multiple category headings (as an example, and article about a new accessory can sometimes be accessed under the category heading of home, news, AND accessories).

So, when a new article is posted, the asterisk shows up beside the heading (as well as on the crackberry app logo in BB10). This is extremely annoying as you have to open each heading and click on the same article three times to remove the asterisk.

An article posted by Crackberry should remain in one category. Not multiple categories.

Posted via CB10
    05-22-14 11:19 AM
    I understand your concern but so far I don't fully understand what you are seeing. You say "article" which to my mind suggests these are blog articles rather than forum threads - but I'm not really sure. Interpreting your description I think the problem is not really duplicate articles, but you are getting multiple flags pointing to the *same* item, and each flag has to be cleared individually. Really guessing now, but I think the flags might be activated by category keywords attached to the target article.

It will give us something positive to forward to the developers if you can grab a few screenshots to show typical tagged menu items and (because anyone investigating won't see the same tags) either a grab of the "article" or the URL to which the tags point. With several different software versions around it would also help if you can let us know which device, OS version, and CB10 version. The first part of fixing a problem like this is for our devs to be able to see, replicate and understand it. Every bit of detail you can add is more guidance for the team.
    05-22-14 06:23 PM
    Just to clarify:

On the BB10 app, the main menu has the categories:
    Home
    Forum
    News
    Reviews
    Etc...

New articles posted by crackberry end up under multiple category headings (as an example, and article about a new accessory can sometimes be accessed under the category heading of home, news, AND accessories).

So, when a new article is posted, the asterisk shows up beside the heading (as well as on the crackberry app logo in BB10). This is extremely annoying as you have to open each heading and click on the same article three times to remove the asterisk.

An article posted by Crackberry should remain in one category. Not multiple categories.

Posted via CB10
    Did you download the update? I am finding now that I do not have to go into multiple categories to get rid of the asterisk notifications for the same article once I have looked at the new article.

Also, the articles I don't think are technically duplicates. All content is featured in the Main feed, and each type of article also appears in whichever category it fits. I see what you mean but I think it is just the way things are presented. Kind of like the main CNN webpage when it has a specific story in the top headlines then also in a specific section or category.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Emaderton3; 05-26-14 at 11:38 PM.
    05-26-14 11:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD