OK, so I looked at everything I could here but perhaps I am blind. My issue is not with the device...it is AWESOME, got a 9700 as a first ever Blackberry, but rather with the CB website. I registered a couple of days after I got the device and started downloading a couple of ringtones and a theme. Everything went well with the barcode and accepting the download and installing. But...now I go on to the CB site and I cannot DL anything without getting a login screen on my device and when I enter all the info correctly, I am told that my account info is wrong (email or password) so then I tried retrieving my password and am told that my email addy cannot be found.
    I CAN enter the CB website and access my acct info when I enter through the bookmarked page, and all my correct info is there yet I cannot DL anymore.
    Can someone please help?
    What other info should I put here to help???

Thanks to all,

Dannoh
    01-02-11 10:15 AM
    Is your password numeric, or mixed letters and numbers? The BlackBerry keyboard defaults to lower case letters. If you thought you entered "1234", for example, but you did not press Alt before each key, you actually entered "wers".
    dannoh likes this.
    01-02-11 10:38 AM
    Hi JeffH,
    thanks for the reply but the password on my device is not the problem. When I take a pic of a barcode, I am prompted to accept or decline (which is normal), then when I accept the download (free or otherwise) my device goes to a login page for CB. That is where I am confused because I haven't had to do that before. When I enter the info that is in my account info, I am told that either my email addy or my password is incorrect...on my device or laptop,yet when I login through the bookmarked page on my laptop I can access my account which has all the info that I have been entering in properly...including the email address I used to start my acct with CB. Should I delete my account and start over?

Thanks again,

Dannoh
    01-02-11 03:44 PM
    You can't delete your account on CrackBerry. Have you cleared your browser cache? It's possible it has a corrupted login page.
    dannoh likes this.
    01-02-11 05:35 PM
    This sounds a little strange. Downloading ringtones doesn't usually get you a barcode which tries to connect to CB's login page.

What barcode? What ringtone?

Edit: Does it really ask for email? The CB login page asks for site user name.
    dannoh likes this.
    01-02-11 05:46 PM
    Hi Branta,
    So,I get the bar code on the webpage for themes, you are right,not for tones,but the page on my device really asks for my email and password. It does it too on my laptop when I go to the THEMES page (or any page for that matter that involves the barcode) and then try to access my account from there.
    I will try what JeffH suggested with the browser cache.
    Thanks both of you

Dannoh
    01-03-11 09:48 AM
    One thought comes to mind... is the login page you see (a) the CrackBerry website login (where you login to post here) OR (b) the CrackBerry WebSTORE login where you login to purchase applications? Please check the URL (page address) shown in your browser for the login page.
    01-04-11 12:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD